Confirmed Trade: Zibanejad for Brassard Part II.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He would probably be your best forward? His problems is in the past. Eriksson, Ladd and Lucic was also out there, Hudler still is. Maybe you could have made a trade with edmonton to get RNH or Hall with Ceci as the main piece.

Radulov better than Stone hahahahaha

Don't get me wrong, they're good players, but if your top 6 was as strong as some claim your 3 liners wouldn't be playing so much.

They were playing because Turris and MacArthur were hurt.... Also Dave Cameron hated Mike Hoffman.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And NYR needed a RH top 6 forward, shoot first guy, younger etc. The fact that Zib is 6 years younger and NYR got a 2nd i just dont see how NYR doesnt win the trade. Brass only scored 7 points more than Zib and Brass is not a very good defensive player. He isnt bad but he loses coverage, has a offence first mentality and very often plays like a wing in the defensive sone. Its sad to see him go because i liked him alot but getting a 51 point RH, shoot first guy who is 23 for Brass who will be 29 when the season starts i would do every day of the week. The fact that we got a 2nd aswell for paying his bonus(atleast thats what i read) makes it a very good trade. Real money means nothing to NYR, its a + for Ott that NYR payed his bonus because they have an internal cap but it was a + for NYR aswell because money isnt a problem and they got a 2nd for it.

What i am trying to say is that arguing Brass is a better fit than Zib in Ott is fine, but Zib is a better fit in NY than Brass going forward because NYR really needed to get younger.

How about it's a deal that works for both sides. I really don't understand why a winner has to be crowned.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Problem is that people look at the point totals and think that Zibby and Brassard are close to equals. But that is laughably far from the truth in reality. They are a different caliber of player right now, and it's a gamble hoping Zibanejad will ever reach Brassards level.

Zibanejad, while still a good young player, is not the player that people have described in here. He was without a doubt the player with the most question marks in the Sens top 6, and by far the biggest passenger there.

And it's like everyone in here is literally ignoring the fact that Pageau clearly and thoroughly outplayed Zibanejad when Turris went down for the count. He's not a guy you can lean on to do heavy lifting. He's a complimentary player.

Simply put, this will be a good bump next year for anyone who believes that the gap is tiny between these two players. It's going to be a rude awakening.

I think you are overthinking it. Its not like Brass is a very good defensive player either. Extremely sloppy in his own end at times and has a tendency of playing like a winger in the defensive sone. Loses coverage alot and it got so bad last season that AV had to change the lines alot when Nash was injured because Brass couldnt handle it defensivly without Nash. I loved Brass in NY but that was because he mostly had 2nd line work, no pk,first line pp time etc. Its not like Ott is getting a real #1 in return. They get a #1B center and not the best center NYR has. Stepan is easily a better twoway center than Brass. Brass has had some very good playoffs, so thats positive for Ott.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Decent possibility. The thing that strikes me as odd is the fact that Ottawa is far from a contender, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to trade for an older player, even if he's better defensively at the moment. Unless they honestly think Zibanejad has peaked.

ottawa isnt far from a contender.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
This post is basically the HF version of that behind-the-scenes video of the Bruins brain trust deciding it was time to trade Seguin.

Uhm....except one guy is Tyler Seguin and the post you quoted was about Mika Zibanejad. Assuming by your username you are a Rangers fan you are going to be massively disappointed if you expect a Seguinesque breakout season from Zibby.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Zibanejad ended as 37 among centers, that makes him a good 2th center pointswise.

im not talking about pts im talking about overall play and our team wasn't that good last year partly due to him being in that role and not taking the next step as we hoped

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Fans from the outside are looking at Mika and thinking 23-year old Swede, hit 50 points lat season, due for a breakthrough. But if you actually watched 90% of the games (like I did), Mika was one of the most uninspiring players out there along with Chiasson. He was either a ghost most of the time or plays died when he touched the puck. He's got the skill but he lacks a superstar's poise.

Sums it up.

Rangers fans are being quite reasonable about this trade. Expectations for Zibanejad seem completely realistic (aside From Brooksie but big surprise). Happy to have a RH shot, realize it's a downgrade but he's also younger and who knows what the future holds. Throw in the pick swap and I don't think either team has anything to complain about.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Don't get me wrong they're good players, but i think people are overrating ottawas top 6

Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Brassard - Stone

who isn't a top 6 forward ? Sure we don'y have a franchise forward or winger like when we had Alfie and Spezza

Last edited:

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Radulov better than Stone hahahahaha

Outside NHL easily, in NHL probably but not as a sure thing. Either way definatly worth the gamble on 6 millions for a 1 year contract. If he do not produce, it is just 1 year, he do produce you could have one of the best players in the league. Outside NHL he is one of the best in the world, the question is only will he bring it to NHL as well. I do not know, but I do think he went cheap consider the huge upside in him.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He's literally the lowest end #1 you can likely find and on anything resembling a cup contender he isn't

This is true but Turris, Brassard, Pageau down the middle is a pretty good top 3. Pageau is a great 3rd line C one of the best in the NHL. Brassard or Turris as your number 2 thats pretty high end. However you are correct Turris or Brassard as your number 1 isnt elite by any means. Ottawa has pretty decent wingers and a good top 4 D, just need another depth d man and to stay healthy and they should push Florida and Montreal as the 2nd best team in the division.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Outside NHL easily, in NHL probably but not as a sure thing. Either way definatly worth the gamble on 6 millions for a 1 year contract. If he do not produce, it is just 1 year, he do produce you could have one of the best players in the league. Outside NHL he is one of the best in the world, the question is only will he bring it to NHL as well. I do not know, but I do think he went cheap consider the huge upside in him.

its worth the gamble but we have no idea how Radulov will be in the NHL 'now'

Why is he even being used as a comparison? he is a wild card

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Some of Stepan's wonderful defensive play over the years

pTWvzo4.png

IYkU6Ib.png

dY4HNt6.png

BZCWwBi.png

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Radulov has never touched Stone at the NHL level and Stone has been a fabulous player in international competition. He led the WJC in goal scoring and was one of Canada's top players this year.

Stone has averaged at 64 point pace at the NHL level. Its laughable, you wont find one habs fan that wouldnt take Stone over Radulov.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
No he wouldn't? And we didn't need lucic, we could have used Eriksson, but that would probably have been overkill.

I don't think we really needed either, but if we had the option for either Lucic would have been much better. Our team is pretty soft right now.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He's literally the lowest end #1 you can likely find and on anything resembling a cup contender he isn't

I guess if you think there's only 15 #1C's. I'm not convinced any of Backes, Statsny or Lethera are all that better yet STL was a contender. Depth is far more important than having a franchise centre when it comes to competing for a cup.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Macarthur - Turris - Ryan
Hoffman - Brassard - Ryan

who isn't a top 6 forward ? Sure we don'y have a franchise forward or winger like when we had Alfie and Spezza

You forgot our best forward lol...

I think you have to add Pageau (good for 40+ pts) and Smith (25 goals last year) to get a real taste of the depth that the Sens have.

It's never going to be a group that scares the living **** out of opposing teams, unless Stone takes it to yet another level, but the Karlsson factor puts the Sens offense into the top 5-10 range imo. They will score by commite, and they will score a lot.

It would be hilarious to see another top 6 player from the Sens get traded and then heralded as the next big thing by Hfboards.

Everyone on Ottawa sucks until the day they get traded elsewhere.

Never change HF :cheers:

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Uhm....except one guy is Tyler Seguin and the post you quoted was about Mika Zibanejad. Assuming by your username you are a Rangers fan you are going to be massively disappointed if you expect a Seguinesque breakout season from Zibby.

I didn't compare Zibanejad to Seguin at all. My point was that I couldn't help but think of that video when reading that post.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I don't think we really needed either, but if we had the option for either Lucic would have been much better. Our team is pretty soft right now.

True. I like that Eriksson is a great 2-way winger, but yeah, we could use a little snarl.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
If you'll notice with the previously posted HERO charts, Stepan has always made his line mates better (even if it was only marginally last year).

He's still our de facto #1 even if he doesn't fit the expectations of most. Rangers fans know what they have in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad