Proposal: Zacha + McLeod for W. Nylander + Marincin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Major Happy*

May 2, 2016
Agreed. As long as he continues with the workouts, he could turn out to be a less injury prone Crosby.

Maybe NJ adds Taylor Hall (+ a pick) and the Leafs add Jake Gardiner.

Dont think the Leafs need to add Gardiner in that deal, maybe someone like Valiev.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Today I learned Nylander is going to be as good as Crosby AND less injury prone (because head injuries are apparently predictable). I love it.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
This board is hilarious. So much hate and devaluing. Devils fans you have great prospects here, sincerely I mean that. McLeod projects as a 2nd line C as his ceiling, and is a safe pick. Zacha is more of a wild card, but chances are he's closer to an average first liner.

Nylander has #1 C potential. He's outdone everything these two guys have done and is a year older. He also produced at a pace that would have made him our best scoring forward last season (projected).

Marincin also looked great, but is most likely a #4 D when it's all said and done so I get your distaste for that. However Nylander is the best player in the deal.

Leafs do not need lesser pieces. We need elite pieces. No deal from the leafs.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
You might have got Nylander for Larsson. But not this. There is value there but you did nothing to consider actual TML need so the proposal gets a b- from this poster.

Dude, Larsson fetched Hall who is entering his prime. Larsson would have commanded Nylander + Leafs unprotected first round pick next year.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Dude, Larsson fetched Hall who is entering his prime. Larsson would have commanded Nylander + Leafs unprotected first round pick next year.

To be fair, this trade has been universally hailed as ridiculously one sided in NJ's favour, probably wouldn't set my watch to this being the new market value for Larsson level defensemen.

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
You're going to be extremely disappointed when you see McLeod in action.

Congratulations on your selection of McLeod.....for the record I used to scout in the NHL for the Habs and have several good scouting contacts in the league... all of them right up until the end of the season liked McLeod as a top 6 player in this draft..but a few concerns crept in at the U-18's...he didn't have a great tournament offensively. I had him ranked third overall for the draft as late as March.....by the time I compiled my final rankings he was 7th overall. For me being able to get him at 12th overall while picking up an extra pick was a major coup. He works much harder than Brown on and off the ice..there are no question marks for him going forward IMO.

He was still in a lot of scouts' top 10...I'm not talking about "independent scouts" and the likes of Cox or Button..but NHL scouts...personally I think the knocks on his "offensive upside" have been overblown just as they were for Dylan Larkin...I think his game will translate well to the NHL..and at the very least he'll be a number 2 center for the Devils who will play a very complete game and be one of the best faceoff men and penalty killers in the league. I think you guys got a gem. I saw him live a couple of times this year where he simply blew me away..one of my favourite prospects to watch in the decade that I've been scouting professionally.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=120688865&postcount=293

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
McKenzie had him 15 in his final rankings which are a compilation from 10 NHL scouts. IMO 15 is close to where he belonged. Brown was 10th in that same list... I don't think the real answer lies in the rankings. We will have to wait and see.

In this particular trade proposal ... Nylander is definitely the better prospect to date.

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
One dumb move by oils gm doesn't mean leafs would do it lmaoooo

To be fair, this trade has been universally hailed as ridiculously one sided in NJ's favour, probably wouldn't set my watch to this being the new market value for Larsson level defensemen.

Top pairing right shot defensemen are a premium in today's market. In Larsson's case, he already is an excellent #3, can probably play as a passable #2 and still has room to grow.

zharkenby

Jun 17, 2011
You might have got Nylander for Larsson. But not this. There is value there but you did nothing to consider actual TML need so the proposal gets a b- from this poster.

We got hall for larsson... So Nylander=Hall? Hmmmmm

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
We got hall for larsson... So Nylander=Hall? Hmmmmm

Don't expect the Hall for Larsson deal to be the new norm, universally and unwaveringly hailed as a terrible deal for EDM. Congrats on winning the deal (unless Hall plays 20 games a season and retires before 30) but a top 10 prospect for a #2/3 defenseman is a pretty decent return

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I don't like the idea of trading prospects for prospects for any team unless it's forward for defense. I think both teams pass and I couldn't blame either team for doing so. Who knows who ends up as the best player from this group. Anyone who thinks they know with any degree of certainty is fooling themselves.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Don't expect the Hall for Larsson deal to be the new norm, universally and unwaveringly hailed as a terrible deal for EDM. Congrats on winning the deal (unless Hall plays 20 games a season and retires before 30) but a top 10 prospect for a #2/3 defenseman is a pretty decent return

the Devils definitely won the Hall/Larsson swap, but I don't think its that outrageous

if the Devils traded Larsson for Nylander I would NOT have been happy.

BA Carroll

Mar 2, 2014
Hey, let the Blues in on this action.

If any of Zacha, McLeod, Nylander or Galchenyuk are being considered for trade, it ought to be as part of a package to the Blues for Shattenkirk +.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad