Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Bingo. It's just plain stupid at this point.
And if you point this out you’re a “dub-ass supporter”. The obsession with identity politics is unbearable here.

Like most I’d assume, I’m not pro or anti Dubas. Just evaluate each move objectively with the best info available. The truth isn’t as easy to paint as these guys pretend it to be.

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015
And if you point this out you’re a “dub-ass supporter”. The obsession with identity politics is unbearable here.

Like most I’d assume, I’m not pro or anti Dubas. Just evaluate each move objectively with the best info available. The truth isn’t as easy to paint as these guys pretend it to be.
Kyle fan club wash rinse and repeat If you tell yourself he’s doing a good job enough time you might believe it

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
I plotted with the future leaf gm how we were going to take over MLSE.

Name any of the 2k players that have had a sniff and i have them on my cell phone.

That is why Salming, Gilmour Keon Hyman and my buds tucks and corse. well, they get first call.

ALL and ALL I am saying is that this guy, became something and yeah, maybe maybe, Dubas looks good for not signing him a la shatkins with the big three.

But the big three were all about xtreme production offensively.

Toronto will never possess a player like Hyman ever again, if they lose him. E

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
My God reading these forums is unbearable right now. The circle jerk Dubas hating crew are soooo loud and annoying. I'm almost convinced it's the same person posting on different accounts.

There isn't even discussion on these boards anymore. It's just Dubas hating.
Honestly i wish people would stop replying to them. Ignore them even if you don't put them on ignore. The 5 of them can talk to each other and pat themselves on the back. So much negativity

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Everyone here remembers that they all hated Hyman right?

Everyone screamed murder that he dared play even a single minute on Matthews line, even when it was apparent Hyman was actually pretty good.

It wasn't until Keefe kept playing him with the big boys that the sentiment started to change. Now everyone's acting like we're losing Gretzky...

Zach Hyman played with Auston Matthews since his rookie year (helping him win the Calder) and their RW rotated betweeen Nylander and Connor Brown.

Year #1 when the 3 Amigos were all rookies as were Hyman and Brown and Leafs made the playoffs against Washington.

Hyman---- Matthews --- Nylander/Brown
Komarov --- Kadri -------- Nylander/Brown
JVR --------- Bozak -------- Marner

Remember Hyman was Mike Babcock pet and favourite player and that is what bothered a lot of Leaf fans because he could do no wrong and Babs was tough love on Mitch and Willy. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: TDotMassive

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Honestly i wish people would stop replying to them. Ignore them even if you don't put them on ignore. The 5 of them can talk to each other and pat themselves on the back. So much negativity
I think it is funny most of the time, but admittedly, it does get a bit annoying sometimes.

Reactions: TML Dynasty

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
5 X 4.75
6 X 4.5
7 X 4.00

8 X 0 not on the table. Come on 37 year old broken down Hyman? Seriously?

Take it or leave it. Let Holland or another idiot GM have buyer's remorse in year 4 or 5 if they even stay employed that long.

Reactions: geo25

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Zach Hyman played with Auston Matthews since his rookie year (helping him win the Calder) and their RW rotated betweeen Nylander and Connor Brown.

Year #1 when the 3 Amigos were all rookies as were Hyman and Brown and Leafs made the playoffs against Washington.

Hyman---- Matthews --- Nylander/Brown
Komarov --- Kadri -------- Nylander/Brown
JVR --------- Bozak -------- Marner
Is there some type of word minimum they make you hit with these posts?

Reactions: keonsbitterness

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Surprised Holland is the GM making these type of moves. You would think a GM with his record and experience would be smarter then that. Oh well. Best wishes to him and Zach

he's the same guy who had the Wings payroll at 90+m pre salary cap, he doesn't mind spending the owners money

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Didn't we already offer 5 x 8 with an NMC which he rejected? Swear I heard this rumor a few days ago and saw someone post a tweet about it.
There was rumours he was offered 5aav, but that was denied by Hymans agent and retracted by the insider. At the time, they suggested it needed more term, so doubtful the report was 8yrs

Reactions: hamzarocks

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012

Hear!Hear!

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I wonder had we won that 2015 lottery.

Best player in the league (soon to be) leaves money on the table and says I want to help my GM afford some depth to fill out a competitive team.

Who is going to follow that up with grabbing every last penny they can in their negotiations?

The top 6 or 7 guys forego 500K - 750K thats $4M. That's a top 6 F or a top 4 D. No instead we have a team whose stars demanded top dollar and then proceeded to prove they weren't worth it when it really counted.

Last edited:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Edmonton giving an asset to add a year they shouldn't want??

I would think if hes good with 7 years they should get it done

Reactions: Brown Dog

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wonder if that’s how everyone rationalized the Eriksson, Neal, Lucic, Backes, etc. contracts at time of signing….

Those contracts weren't really designed that way though.

There's only 4 forwards in the league that are 37 or older right now, Thornton, Marleau, Staal, and Spezza, I mean lets be honest Hyman is not in that tier of star/superstar type players those guys were (multiple 70+ point seasons for all of them).

I have to think even on Hyman's part there's no way he seriously thinks he's going to be playing at age 37. He's not a Spezza tier player and even for Spezza tier players making it to age 37 is rare.

Reactions: d3SIGIRL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad