Rumor: Zach Hyman is signing in Edmonton - Done deal per James Mirtle

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Besides his mom and dad, I THINK I was the first maple leaf fan to admire HYMAN.

Sorry, coaches don't count.

I have to give the Leafs and Hyman credit, I have gone from a couldn't give a rat's flabby arse of interest, to mild interest.

I really don't and didn't see Larry Tanenbaum letting the best jewish hockey player to ever lace em up, to leave Toronto.

Till I see it, I don't believe it.

If he leaves, he will go from playing with the tenth best NHLer, to the best. Nice.

Edmonton gets a bad rap, its a pretty good place to raise children. Smartest man in the world lives there, but no one has ever heard of him.

Love you hymer. I will always support you and your efforts.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think both Hyman and the Oilers know he's not going to finish that contract.

Not many forwards play until age 37 for starters, almost none that play the style that Hyman do.

He has a newborn baby, no? 1 year old? I'm guessing the actual plan here is to play until age 35 or so when the kid is ready to start school, then go on LTIR retirement and move the family back to Toronto.

On LTIR he'll collect an NHL salary for an additional 2-3 years for doing nothing.

I think he wanted to do this in Toronto, they just couldn't come up to the 5 million range to do it. So playing with McDavid/Draisaitl after Matthews/Marner just seemed like a natural fit for him I guess.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Azail

Oct 11, 2017
My God reading these forums is unbearable right now. The circle jerk Dubas hating crew are soooo loud and annoying. I'm almost convinced it's the same person posting on different accounts.

There isn't even discussion on these boards anymore. It's just Dubas hating.

WillTheThrill

Mar 2, 2016
It really really sucks to lose Hyman. He out of anyone deserved to lift a cup in Toronto. I remember in 2016 we were all begging Babcock to take him off Matthews line, by the end of his tenure we were begging Keefe to staple him to Matthews. I always thought Matthews and Marner were most dominant when Hyman was on their wing. For some reason this Hyman goal sticks out to me the most :

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I think both Hyman and the Oilers know he's not going to finish that contract.

Not many forwards play until age 37 for starters, almost none that play the style that Hyman do.

He has a newborn baby, no? 1 year old? I'm guessing the actual plan here is to play until age 35 or so when the kid is ready to start school, then go on LTIR retirement and move the family back to Toronto.

On LTIR he'll collect an NHL salary for an additional 2-3 years for doing nothing.

I think he wanted to do this in Toronto, they just couldn't come up to the 5 million range to do it. So playing with McDavid/Draisaitl after Matthews/Marner just seemed like a natural fit for him I guess.
I wonder if that’s how everyone rationalized the Eriksson, Neal, Lucic, Backes, etc. contracts at time of signing….

Reactions: Mancunian

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Something isn't adding up. Aren't 7 and 8 year terms for late 20s players used to bring the AAV down?

What does a 4-5 year deal look like for Hyman? North of 6M? Based on what comparables?

Not to mention in a flat cap world. What am I not seeing?

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I think we need to understand that even if the Big Four signed at 80% of their contract and the Leafs won back to back Cups like TB, there is still no way Hyman will be back for what he is going to sign with the Oilers.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
It really really sucks to lose Hyman. He out of anyone deserved to lift a cup in Toronto. I remember in 2016 we were all begging Babcock to take him off Matthews line, by the end of his tenure we were begging Keefe to staple him to Matthews. I always thought Matthews and Marner were most dominant when Hyman was on their wing. For some reason this Hyman goal sticks out to me the most :

Hyman's style meshes well with Matthews and Marner, but honestly... Would be 100% better if they could find a guy to play that spot that had some hands to go with it, because for every nice goal Hyman scored, he blew 9 or 10 GOOD scoring chances. In games 6 and 7, Marner REPEATEDLY set him up for golden chances in the slot, and he whiffed every single one. One of those go in, and we're having a completely different discussion.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Everyone here remembers that they all hated Hyman right?

Everyone screamed murder that he dared play even a single minute on Matthews line, even when it was apparent Hyman was actually pretty good.

It wasn't until Keefe kept playing him with the big boys that the sentiment started to change. Now everyone's acting like we're losing Gretzky...

Aus34Matt

Dec 10, 2017
My God reading these forums is unbearable right now. The circle jerk Dubas hating crew are soooo loud and annoying. I'm almost convinced it's the same person posting on different accounts.

There isn't even discussion on these boards anymore. It's just Dubas hating.
Trust me it's not just one person. Go see Twitter lmao.

Dubas did this to himself, he sucks as a newbie GM. He sucks at contract negotiations or closing trades, can't do either competently without handing out free picks.

Worse part is he bets on himself as if there'll be any consequences if he did.

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Everyone here remembers that they all hated Hyman right?

Everyone screamed murder that he dared play even a single minute on Matthews line, even when it was apparent Hyman was actually pretty good.

It wasn't until Keefe kept playing him with the big boys that the sentiment started to change. Now everyone's acting like we're losing Gretzky...
Define "everyone "

17 Clark

Mar 22, 2015

There isn't even discussion on these boards anymore. It's just Dubas hating.[/QUOTEl Sounds more like the Kyles boy fan club That have every excuse in the world I think if
people keep telling their selfs all good they might convince yourself that actually is lmao

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
Hyman is going to play with McDavid. I think he will be just fine. McDavid will get 100 pts next season. WRITE IT DOWN!
I don't see those two as a good fit. McDavid would be fuming the 8th time Hyman takes a 2 on 1 into the corner boards. I think Hyman with Draisaitl could be quite good though.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Something isn't adding up. Aren't 7 and 8 year terms for late 20s players used to bring the AAV down?

What does a 4-5 year deal look like for Hyman? North of 6M? Based on what comparables?

Not to mention in a flat cap world. What am I not seeing?

Yeah, I'd like to know which (if any) team is willing to give 6+ AAV for Hyman when Taylor only got 6 over four years. Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: ToneDog and Marshy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad