News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I’m assuming this is all a dance and his deal gets terminated. But if he reports to Amerks, I will alternate between crying and laughing maniacally
I'm sort of on the 'I don't really care what happens' side of the issue. It's highly unlikely they'll use the $5m cap for anything consequential like trading for a #2 center (Trocheck anyone?).

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Buffalo willing to retain on Bogo for a likely 7th, but not willing to retain on Scandella for a 2nd?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Buffalo willing to retain on Bogo for a likely 7th, but not willing to retain on Scandella for a 2nd?

The Botts argument would be that they needed the full cap space to add Frolik...

The real argument today is, why didn't he just waive Bogo, unconditional waivers, making him free to sign elsewhere, and clearing all the cap space that way. Then he could've held on to Scandella to get a 2nd at the deadline, while still having the cap space to waste on Frolik

He's the worst GM in history... he's epic blunders are of the Milbury variety, but he's also got like 2 dozen moves on the margins that all look stupid as f***.

ForsbergMoDo21

Feb 19, 2008
Rochester NY
Somehow enticing the Leafs to add Bogo to their team is Corleone level conniving. Destroy your rival from the inside.

It really is amazing how some players can sustain their careers through draft status for so long. I guess Bogo has had the what if he’s healthy factor going for him forever too.

Reactions: toomuchsauce

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

I am not defending Botts anymore but there was no 2nd to be had. The only reason the Blues panicked and gave that up is totally because of Bouwmeesters incident. And at the time of the Scandella trade I dont think we even had the ability to retain 2 mil.

Reactions: jd1970

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
I am not defending Botts anymore but there was no 2nd to be had. The only reason the Blues panicked and gave that up is totally because of Bouwmeesters incident. And at the time of the Scandella trade I dont think we even had the ability to retain 2 mil.

We had the ability to retain.... unfortunately the dope at the helm wanted to add Frolik at full price, and he wanted to pay to do it.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
No one is giving up assets to acquire Bogo, even at 50% retained.
Prices are high, but it's encouraging that we are seeing contracts moved and not just pending UFA rentals. While I don't want Botterill to buy when prices are high, I also don't want them to let the right player go to another team because it's a sellers market. Can't be penny wise/pound foolish if your 2020 first rounder+ lands you a top 6 forward.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
The Botts argument would be that they needed the full cap space to add Frolik...

The real argument today is, why didn't he just waive Bogo, unconditional waivers, making him free to sign elsewhere, and clearing all the cap space that way. Then he could've held on to Scandella to get a 2nd at the deadline, while still having the cap space to waste on Frolik

He's the worst GM in history... he's epic blunders are of the Milbury variety, but he's also got like 2 dozen moves on the margins that all look stupid as f*ck.

Reminder Bogo asked for a trade request back in December. Did he just call one GM a day to get the idea on if they would take him? By December 15th he should've known where Bogo's value stood.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Reminder Bogo asked for a trade request back in December. Did he just call one GM a day to get the idea on if they would take him? By December 15th he should've known where Bogo's value stood.

And they could see his play on the ice. He could have sent him down then, forced Bogo’s hand to either report or sit, and had cap relief of one degree or another earlier.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
That was my point yesterday: same point you made above that they could’ve done this instead of trading Scandella when they did. There’s just so little forethought over there.

It's amazing when you get over all the Mike Milbury stuff he did... and you begin to realize literally every move has some level of stupidity attached to it.

Remember when there was a condition in the Sheary, Hunwick trade.... that if we traded Hunwick before 2019 we had to give them a 3rd round pick.... like, how does that condition even end up in a trade? It's almost as if Rutherford was making a joke, "hey... if you're actually able to turn this garbage in to something of value... you owe me a royalty for teaching you how to manage a roster".... and Botts was like, "ok, how about a conditional 3rd boss?"

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
It's amazing when you get over all the Mike Milbury stuff he did... and you begin to realize literally every move has some level of stupidity attached to it.

Remember when there was a condition in the Sheary, Hunwick trade.... that if we traded Hunwick before 2019 we had to give them a 3rd round pick.... like, how does that condition even end up in a trade? It's almost as if Rutherford was making a joke, "hey... if you're actually able to turn this garbage in to something of value... you owe me a royalty for teaching you how to manage a roster".... and Botts was like, "ok, how about a conditional 3rd boss?"

Its remarkable that Botts always seems to have conditional draft picks in his trade....but never ones in our favor.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
That was my point yesterday: same point you made above that they could’ve done this instead of trading Scandella when they did. There’s just so little forethought over there.
Or, you know, he's your captain's 4th for card games on the plane.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Or, you know, he's your captain's 4th for card games on the plane.

And? Own the f*** up to him being a shitty player and move him off the roster. He cost them games. COST THEM GAMES. I don’t care if he is tucking Jack in at night and tying his skate laces, run the team.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Could they have even put Bogo on unconditional waivers the first time?

I thought that was used for contract termination - a buyout or breach of contract.

Would Bogosian have had to agreed to a mutual termination or left the Sabres so he was in breach of contract (like Berglund did) to use unconditional waivers the 1st time, or no?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad