News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I suppose the team is trying to hold out hope of flipping him for something at this point. I can't understand why they have dragged their feet on going to termination and just letting him move on with his career.

He is trying what the Jets are with Big Buff, I guess...

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
I mean, if it’s not mutual: wouldn’t it make sense to see if you need the cap space before the trade deadline? If we need it, then terminate it. But if not, why terminate the contract just to see him sign a deal with Toronto or Florida?

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
I mean, if it’s not mutual: wouldn’t it make sense to see if you need the cap space before the trade deadline? If we need it, then terminate it. But if not, why terminate the contract just to see him sign a deal with Toronto or Florida?

Because I'd love to see him sign in Toronto or Florida, and do to their defense / goalies what he's been doing to us for the past few years.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Perhaps Botts knows who is interested and is playing chicken? Perhaps they still think he can play since they did roll him out repeatedly even though it was obvious he is cooked? They don’t seem to have a good grasp of player value nor a sense of velocity so instead of just calling it done, they hold on?

Last edited:
Reactions: Dirty Dog

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
I suppose the team is trying to hold out hope of flipping him for something at this point. I can't understand why they have dragged their feet on going to termination and just letting him move on with his career.

I actually think it's the other way around. I suspect that Bogo's agent is trying to find out if there really are any takers out there that would sign him if there was a mutual termination , and if there were, what they would be willing to pay.

Slugging out the last 2 months in Rochester might be a way better financial decision for him.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Perhaps Botts knows who is interested and is playing chicken? Perhaps they still think he can play since they did roll him out repeatedly even though it was obvious he is cooked? They don’t seem to have a good grasp of player value nor a sense of velocity so instead of just calling it done, they hold on?

On second thought, maybe it’s best not to try and find the logic in this organizations roster moves :laugh:

Last edited:
Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I actually think it's the other way around. I suspect that Bogo's agent is trying to find out if there really are any takers out there that would sign him if there was a mutual termination , and if there were, what they would be willing to pay.

Slugging out the last 2 months in Rochester might be a way better financial decision for him.

I would rather they don’t waste a vet roster spot playing him in Rochester. Just terminate his contact and move on. It is business. Stop being Fredo, start being Michael.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
He doesn't count against the cap while suspended.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I’m assuming this is all a dance and his deal gets terminated. But if he reports to Amerks, I will alternate between crying and laughing maniacally

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I’m assuming this is all a dance and his deal gets terminated. But if he reports to Amerks, I will alternate between crying and laughing maniacally

I get that Jack loves him, but come on. Just make the right decision for the team's cap and terminate the deal.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
They will terminate Bogo and then Botts will fail to use the cap space to take on an expiring UFA contract that another team needs to move in order to get a sweetener asset the team can use.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just for those who wonder why I have hated on this guy as a player...

This? This is my beef with Murray. Everyone has one. Bogosian is mine. Every year was supposed to be the year he was healthy, the year he fulfilled on the promise of his draft profile, the year he was physically prepared properly to face the rigors of an NHL season and contribute. And every year he let down the team, let down the fans, by how he played if he played. At least Ristolainen, for all of his bad metrics and shortcomings plays. And here's something else to think about - if Bogosian had been the player Chevy thought deserved that contract, would Risto have had to shoulder the load he has for almost 5 years with Bogosian on the roster? This guy is the reason we were inflicted with Matt Tennyson. This guy.

f*** off Murray, you jackass, whatever hole you are hiding in.

Reactions: jd1970

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad