News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I wish Bogo would have consulted me. I know I could have found a doppelganger who would report to Rochester in his place and we could have split the $1.68 remaining on his contract 3 ways.
He's stupid for giving up the cash. Pro-rated league minimum is probably in the $50k-$100k range. He's actually gambling that he can get a 'show me' deal and get a one-way contract next year. His best assets were his skating and his toughness. His mobility is a train wreck, and he doesn't engage in physical play anymore (probably because he's worried about injury), let alone fight.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
He's stupid for giving up the cash. Pro-rated league minimum is probably in the $50k-$100k range. He's actually gambling that he can get a 'show me' deal and get a one-way contract next year. His best assets were his skating and his toughness. His mobility is a train wreck, and he doesn't engage in physical play anymore (probably because he's worried about injury), let alone fight.

He just wants to play somewhere and his contract is preventing him from moving on. He’s already made 42+mil in his career. I’m pretty sure he doesn’t care about the money he would or wouldn’t make from now until the end of the season.

Last edited:

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
So.... weeks/months ago, Botts could've taken this same approach and gained all that cap space?
@dotcommunism ?

Dreger was saying today that the Sabres were trying to dump him with half of salary retention for a wile and their were no takers..

Also Marty was saying today if the Sabres would have waived him earlier in the season Bogo would have reported to Roc for the money and that the Sabres prob did not want a pissed off Bogo in Roc at all..

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Dreger was saying today that the Sabres were trying to dump him with half of salary retention for a wile and their were no takers..

Also Marty was saying today if the Sabres would have waived him earlier in the season Bogo would have reported to Roc for the money and that the Sabres prob did not want a pissed off Bogo in Roc at all..

That doesn’t square at all... first, the reporting on Bogo was that he was too prideful to handle being scratched.... so him reporting to Rochester was never likely.... not to mention he was willing to flush 1.3 million down the toilet, but 2.6 million was a bridge too far?

And lastly.... If he reported, he wouldn’t have had as easy of an out to get back to the NHL this year.

more than likely Marty is simply providing organizational cover for GM Dingleberry

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
That doesn’t square at all... first, the reporting on Bogo was that he was too prideful to handle being scratched.... so him reporting to Rochester was never likely.... not to mention he was willing to flush 1.3 million down the toilet, but 2.6 million was a bridge too far?

And lastly.... If he reported, he wouldn’t have had as easy of an out to get back to the NHL this year.

more than likely Marty is simply providing organizational cover for GM Dingleberry
If he reported he could always stop showing up for practices later and place himself in breach of contract.

Reactions: seagull

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
If he reported he could always stop showing up for practices later and place himself in breach of contract.

And we could terminate his contract on Tuesday, giving him no chance to sign with another team... I’m sure his agent could explain the “2 can play that game” angle...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
And we could terminate his contract on Tuesday, giving him no chance to sign with another team... I’m sure his agent could explain the “2 can play that game” angle...

He can still sign with another team.

I just don't know if it would impact his ability to play in the playoffs.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

So they didn’t a waive a guy who, based on Marty’s opinion would’ve accepted the assignment and reported to Rochester, because they didn’t want an already pissed off guy (based on the December trade request) to be pissed off in Rochester. That seems off to me.

Sounds like an employee pundit creating a narrative so that it doesn’t look as bad for the organization with how poorly they handled the player situation and cover up the failure to move Bogo.

Reactions: Chainshot

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
So they didn’t a waive a guy who, based on Marty’s opinion would’ve accepted the assignment and reported to Rochester, because they didn’t want an already pissed off guy (based on the December trade request) to be pissed off in Rochester. That seems off to me.

Sounds like an employee pundit creating a narrative so that it doesn’t look as bad for the organization with how poorly they handled the player situation and cover up the failure to move Bogo.
As if we needed any more examples of the Sabres asset management clown show....

Reactions: DatGuy

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Yeah, that tale holds no water. Too many holes.

Reactions: OkimLom

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Right, but my point is that if they had waived him back in December or whenever, his reporting then would not have prevented him from later breaching his contract if he decided he wanted an out.

Reactions: debaser66

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
best part is the doppelgänger doesn’t even need to know how to play hockey to fill in for him

Fact: some awful footballer managed to con his way into a hefty contract with a good team by making calls pretending to be a scout, a former coach, etc.- the moment he hit the pitch the team realized they’d been had, it was that obvious.

speculation: that man then switched to his version of hockey, changed his name to Bogosian, and has had much greater success pretending to be a hockey player.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
Yeah, let’s not optimize Buffalo’s post season chances at the expense of upsetting the AHL affiliate “culture.” Calder Cup or bust!

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
Yeah, let’s not optimize Buffalo’s post season chances at the expense of upsetting the AHL affiliate “culture.” Calder Cup or bust!

I'm not saying I agree with Marty today he was just coughing up scenarios based on what Jame was saying trying not to take a side on either Bogo's or the Sabres, god help if an alumni would question another alumni or the team around here lol

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
Fact: some awful footballer managed to con his way into a hefty contract with a good team by making calls pretending to be a scout, a former coach, etc.- the moment he hit the pitch the team realized they’d been had, it was that obvious.

speculation: that man then switched to his version of hockey, changed his name to Bogosian, and has had much greater success pretending to be a hockey player.

Carlos Kaiser (footballer) - Wikipedia

This guy knew how to avoid the pitch...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad