News Article: Zach Bogosian - Signs with Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
Bogo will be just fine as a 7/8 insurance d-man on a minimum Vet salary, just not at the 6 million he was being paid, or even half that with salary retained.

Bendium

Oct 18, 2019
He was 7/8 on a bad team and still somehow made us worse.
Overall. I actually don't think the Sabres are as bad as their record from a talent standpoint. Its just that they have a broken spine and noone standing in front of the net on either end. A 2C and even marginally better goaltending would have made this club competitive. A strange case where they are worse than the sum of their parts. ;)

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
If you love something, mutually agree to terminate their contract.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Reactions: Chainshot

Bobby Bottle Service

Win for Rick
Dec 15, 2005
Toronto
Overall. I actually don't think the Sabres are as bad as their record from a talent standpoint. Its just that they have a broken spine and noone standing in front of the net on either end. A 2C and even marginally better goaltending would have made this club competitive. A strange case where they are worse than the sum of their parts. ;)

That's not true... Risto is great at screening in front of the net... sometimes he'll even screen the other goalie.

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
I hope the Red Wings sign him. Spoiled millionaires refusing to play rubs me the wrong way. Completely unprofessional

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Doesn't he have to clear waivers if he signs somewhere?
No. Players who come over from Europe mid-season have to pass through waivers (unless they were on loan, or on the reserve list of the team they're signing with). If Bogosian's new team wanted to send him down to the AHL, too, he'd have to go through waivers, but it's too late for that now. He wouldn't be able to hit waivers until tomorrow, which means he couldn't clear until Tuesday when it would be too late to send him down.

Reactions: Chainshot

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
No. Players who come over from Europe mid-season have to pass through waivers (unless they were on loan, or on the reserve list of the team they're signing with). If Bogosian's new team wanted to send him down to the AHL, too, he'd have to go through waivers, but it's too late for that now. He wouldn't be able to hit waivers until tomorrow, which means he couldn't clear until Tuesday when it would be too late to send him down.

Thanks! I had lost memory on what those rules are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad