Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011

Screenshot_20230704_111101_Google.jpg

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Listened to the Hockey PDO Podcast today and Mitch Brown was quite adement that Benson jumps to the top of the Sabres prospect rankings.

Honestly been debating that myself. If I were to do the top 5 right now, I'd probably go

Levi
Benson
Savoie
Kulich
Ostlund

But it's close.

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Probably a long shot but does anybody know if video exists of the Benson pick on Sportsnet? Wanted to see the panels reaction. Can only find it on ESPN

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022

How was this guy passed on 12 times?

-Best player on the best team filled with older Top 10s overall
-Second Best +/-
-Most of his points were done on 5 vs 5, 4 vs 5.... unlike some other "generational talent" who scored 30-40% of his points on either PP and Empty netters.
-Benson has i think no empty net goals

Benson is a generational talent.

.... such a shame he's not recognized at his just value.

13th overall... gawd damn... no offense to Buffalo but this is easely one the biggest steals of all time.

Last edited:

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
How was this guy passed on 12 times?

-Best player on the best team filled with older Top 10s overall
-Second Best +/-
-Most of his points were done on 5 vs 5, 4 vs 5.... unlike some other "generational talent" who scored 30-40% of his points on either PP and Empty netters.
-Benson has i think no empty net goals

Benson is a generational talent.

.... such a shame he's not recognized at his just value.

13th overall... gawd damn... no offense to Buffalo but this is easely one the biggest steals of all time.
I don’t think anyone is offended by this. Most people here are shocked he was available.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
There's a bunch of highlights of him in junior doing the same thing. Dude is tenacious on the puck carrier. Defensemen have to hate him. :laugh:
He reminds me of Marchand minus the schnoz. As much as I dislike Marchand, the guy always seems to find the puck on his stick in a dangerous place.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad