Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

RefsIdeas

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2011
Savoie also dealt with injuries last year, just earlier on, which is why he started so slowly and played his best hockey at the end of the season. Both of these kids were fantastic when they were playing healthy.
He was healthy enough to play in the Sabres prospect tournament and in preseason games. His shoulder was fine at the start of the year. Getting on Bensons line more frequently and getting away from his perimeter play that he was doing at the start of the year helped him more than anything.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Benson - Mitts - Savoie
Power - Dahlin

is the Icetrotters.
ZLKl39Z.png

Reactions: Meichel Kane

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
I think of the '87 draft and a smaller built guy out of the WHL falling into the teens and yet he was still the class of his draft class.
Did you know that former Amerks HC Dan Lambert played with him in juniors?

Because I just learned that while cheating to figure out who you meant

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Did you know that former Amerks HC Dan Lambert played with him in juniors?

Because I just learned that while cheating to figure out who you meant

And Lindy's brother was on that team as well, Brent, who died that season in the Broncos bus crash.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Know how Marchand just has a "punchable face"????

In 10 years, I have this gut feeling that fans are going to say that Zach Benson has a "punchable face".
100%. Throw in the family's background as carnival entertainment entrepreneurs and how many times Benson said "stoked" on draft night, and I think we have a unique character on our hand.

Other newly punchable items on my radar this week: Reinbacher's nose.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Benson is an absolute stud, I lost my shit when we took him. You just can't teach the unstoppable motor and insane IQ that Benson has, he's going to will himself into being a very, very useful forward for this team sooner rather than later. He draws realistic comparisons to players like Point, Marner, even Marchand but without the face licking.

Exciting times to be a Buffalo fan in my opinion, doubters will be proven wrong once Benson arrives.
The question is..Will he be a winger or centerman in the NHL ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad