Prospect Info: Zach Benson, LW/C, Wenatchee (WHL), Signed ELC- 2023, 13th Overall

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I bet some teams are going to look at Tage Thompson's breakout and try to chase that for themselves. We already have it, though, so there's nothing to chase. Plus Cozens, Tuch, and some big blue liners. We're not a small team, even if you sprinkle a few 5'10"-6' prospects into the mix.
Give me a smaller player with that fire in his belly over a bigger player who lacks that fire.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I almost feel obligated to make a joke, just a little one, impossible to make it a big joke not a hard joke either, just a small soft joke but i am unenthused currently and the joke wouldn't even be a flop it'd be a flap
This is literally the moment your username was created for. Don't go all flaccid on us now Faceboner.

ckg927

Apr 2, 2007
Buffalo, NY
Now that we've analyzed this pick to death, how about a bit of fun? I KNOW we're going to have to wait a few years, but if the Sabres are still letting the players pick their goal songs by the time Benson debuts here, it'd be a blast to have the person running the audio for the games NOT include the Law and Order "doink doink" sound effect either before the song starts or after it ends. (If you're an L & O fan, you'll probably get the joke.)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Now that we've analyzed this pick to death, how about a bit of fun? I KNOW we're going to have to wait a few years, but if the Sabres are still letting the players pick their goal songs by the time Benson debuts here, it'd be a blast to have the person running the audio for the games NOT include the Law and Order "doink doink" sound effect either before the song starts or after it ends. (If you're an L & O fan, you'll probably get the joke.)

Three good choices for Benson's goal song:

The last one was a plot point in an episode of the great Columbo-ish show Poker Face on Peacock.

Reactions: ckg927 and BUCKSHOT

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Three good choices for Benson's goal song:

The last one was a plot point in an episode of the great Columbo-ish show Poker Face on Peacock.

Give Me the Night would be an incredible goal song even from 0:00 to 0:15. But anything would be better than Tage's mid contemporary country ballad.

Some good culture talk bubbling up from this board these days. Maybe I should unmute the OT threads.

SabresNorth

Nov 6, 2021
I don't know if this has been discussed to death already but the fact he's a 3rs generation carnie is amazing to me. He's going to have some tricks up his sleeve.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
The more I read and see.........I remember a post a while ago talking about levels of "puck-houndedness" in our system.

I feel like Benson is his own tier: "The puck is mine. If I don't have it, I will do unspeakable things to you until it is. And when it is, I will do unspeakable things to you to keep it"
he looks like he'd fit in so well with the way thompson, tuch, and dahlin play in the o zone, and a possible second line/future replacement for Skinner

Im a marner fanboy and hes been getting a bunch of comparisons to Mitch

because of the AHL playoffs hes probably third in my prospect rankings behind levi and kulich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad