Value of: Yzerplan put 18.1 million to Holl, Gostisbehere, Reimer, Compher, Sprong and Kostin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Am I supposed to excuse Detroit's eternal rebuild because they didn't win lottery's? Maybe he should have stopped trying to galaxy brain all his picks.

Getting higher picks ususally gets you higher talent, that's how the draft works 99% of the time.

Reactions: wings95

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
They really don’t have at F.

Larkin/Raymond/Kasper is an about average F core to build around as you can get

Right now that roster is limited and will keep them away from drafting that missing franchise F player
Curious- what’s their prospect pipeline looking like? I know Yzerman believes in development in the minors

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Top 10 picks should get you a good team. Don't blame the lottery.
lol dude you got gifted Eichel, Dahlin and Power. Cmon. Talking shit about other rebuilds when you haven't made the playoffs despite 3 1st overall picks (including 1 that you traded and watched them win a Cup and almost a Smythe) feels like "throwing rocks from glass houses" territory.

At least make the playoffs before you bury an org that finished only 4 spots behind you this year.

Reactions: gprep93 and wings95

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Using Buffalo as an example is hilarious. Sabres have the longest playoff drought in the league and have missed the playoffs for nearly double the length Detroit has missed.
Rebuilds. Sabres have had quite a few in that span. whether they work out or not is not relevant to the conversation. Detroit according to their GM is STILL rebuilding somehow.
lol dude you got gifted Eichel, Dahlin and Power. Cmon. Talking shit about other rebuilds when you haven't made the playoffs despite 3 1st overall picks (including 1 that you traded and watched them win a Cup and almost a Smythe) feels like "throwing rocks from glass houses" territory.

At least make the playoffs before you bury an org that finished only 4 spots behind you this year.
Gifted is a stretch. Did you know we never won the lottery and moved up? Eichel was 2nd to McDavid we lost that lottery. You passed on Hughes to draft Zadina. Yzerman screwed up and is trying to cover his butt.

• Haha
Reactions: redwings8831

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
View attachment 725234

And the Yzerplan is? to finish dead last?

With

Chiarot, Gostisbehere and Holl for your D playing night after night,
that will not be very difficult.. lol

You have Olli Määttä as the only one who is good at playing D
and that says a lot, i like Määttä and he has grown to be surprisingly good
with playing his own calm game, but still he is Olli Määttä and not.. lets say someone like Esa Lindell.

I feel sorry for the Red Wings fans.
What a horrible take. This person doesn't even know who plays for Detroit.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Rebuilds. Sabres have had quite a few in that span. whether they work out or not is not relevant to the conversation. Detroit according to their GM is STILL rebuilding somehow.

Gifted is a stretch. Did you know we never won the lottery and moved up? Eichel was 2nd to McDavid we lost that lottery. You passed on Hughes to draft Zadina. Yzerman screwed up and is trying to cover his butt.

I am not a Wings fan, I just think you dunking on their build is a bit silly.

Dahlin and Power were both layups. Eichel was also a layup. There was no crafty GMing there, those players were all consensus.

I really like Buffalos drafting and rebuilding, but how different would it look without those layups?

Like I said, Buffalo hasn't really reached a point where they should be looking down on other rebuilds. There is a lot of potential, but it needs to become playoff runs for it to mean anything.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
18/6 = 3 AAV on average.

Looks at list of players; yep that’s about right

Reactions: DoMakc

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA

Holland drafted Zadina, but thanks for playing.

Last edited:

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Well over a decade since your team has made the playoffs and you're in here talking about your rebuild being complete.

I am not going to let one bad Buffalo poster impact my opinion of the rest of them but god damn it's cringey to see that kind of snobbery from potentially the worst run organization of the 2000's.

If that doesn't give you humility, nothing will!

PajamaBoy

Sponsor
Sep 16, 2020
Sabres rebuilt, tore down, and rebuilt again in the time Detroit is rebuilding. Maybe we will win a cup before Detroit finishes the rebuild. Yzerman making excuses.
Yeah won 3 lotteries too. Forget this part ... then traded away stanley cup champ for alot of good pieces. Still haven't made the playoffs so i dunno what your point is.

Holland draft Zadina, but thanks for playing.
Hes 13 leave him alone.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
I am not going to let one bad Buffalo poster impact my opinion of the rest of them but god damn it's cringey to see that kind of snobbery from potentially the worst run organization of the 2000's.

If that doesn't give you humility, nothing will!
Snob? I never even said the Sabres were good. I said their rebuild was done. Detroit's was supposed to be done last year when they brought in multiple players last year to try and make playoffs. Yet Yzerman says still rebuilding.

JMath

Aug 1, 2019
Top 10 picks should get you a good team. Don't blame the lottery.
Buffalo has had a top 10 pick in the draft every year from 2013-2022 and still hasn't made the playoffs. They've had two 1st overalls and two 2nd overalls during that time. Detroit's highest pick was #4. How many top 10 picks should it take to "get you a good team?"

Buffalo is just now finally looking like you are a playoff team with a playoff drought that's the longest in the NHL. Your final breakthrough in potentially being a playoff team also just so happens to coincide with getting multiple #1 overall picks and the assets you received from trading one of the former #2 picks you had.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
Sabres rebuilt, tore down, and rebuilt again in the time Detroit is rebuilding. Maybe we will win a cup before Detroit finishes the rebuild. Yzerman making excuses.

The Sabres have also had a top 10 pick in ten of the last eleven drafts, with two first overalls and two second overalls.

Maybe you just need another top 10 pick before you finally make the playoffs.

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
My experience with Sabres fans has been almost universally positive so I'm going to assume this user is a troll or a kid or both due to the obvious lack of self awareness, no need to feed it IMO

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Buffalo has had a top 10 pick in the draft every year from 2013-2022 and still hasn't made the playoffs. They've had two 1st overalls and two 2nd overalls during that time. Detroit's highest pick was #4. How many top 10 picks should it take to "get you a good team?"

Buffalo is just now finally looking like you are a playoff team with a playoff drought that's the longest in the NHL. Your final breakthrough in potentially being a playoff team also just so happens to coincide with getting multiple #1 overall picks and the assets you received from trading one of the former #2 picks you had.
And I have 0 issue admitting how inept our organization was all this time.

Reactions: SENStastic

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I remember watching a post season presser where Yzerman took all responsibility for trading away some top guys causing the club to nose dive. Clearly he’s got a plan that includes getting elite players and he needs high draft picks to find them.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
I guess I'm just not really wired this way, but I'll always find it bizarre how such a core part of being a hockey fan and enjoying hockey for alot of people is trying to make fans of other struggling teams eternally miserable and hoping that they stop enjoying hockey.

I mean it absolutely happens to every fan base from every other fanbase, I'm not pointing any fingers specifically

Maybe I'm principal skinner in that meme, but holy hell is it ever weird. Anyhoo, I don't care that much on a personal level if a random fan of a different team needs to cope about their own fandom by telling me that my team is shit and that I should be miserable about it (lol!), just an observation.

Last edited:

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
It is complete. Time to start winning.

Sure, your gm(s) screwed up.
Can’t blame Yzerman for Holland’s draft failures. You can argue that Yzerman failed in his development of Zadina, but even that would he hard because he was already playing in the NHL the year prior to Yzerman becoming GM.

Reactions: SoupNazi

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Snob? I never even said the Sabres were good. I said their rebuild was done. Detroit's was supposed to be done last year when they brought in multiple players last year to try and make playoffs. Yet Yzerman says still rebuilding.

Can you actually find me 1 person who said Detroit was done rebuilding last year? Yzerman has never said that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad