your team's top 10 prospects

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Anaheim is interesting with so many of their big guys graduating. As of now, I'd put it as this:

Zellweger
Luneau
Terrance
Helleson
Hinds
Gaucher
Moore
Clang
Warren
Perreault

With colangelo/myatovic/Clara/pitre right there.

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Calgary:
1) Wolf
2) Coronato •20 points in 16 games AHL
3) Zary (recency bias) •16 points in 21 games NHL
4) Honzek •7 points in 5 games WHL
5) Pelletier •N/A
6) Jeremie Poirier •7 points in 4 games AHL
7) Etienne Morin •22 points in 26 games QMJHL
8) Martin Pospisil •7 points in 20 games NHL
9) Rory Kerins •16 points in 18 games AHL
10) Ayder Suniev • 12 points in 15 games NCAA

Pelletier may be considered graduated but I included him anyways. Honestly Calgary sneakily has a very good prospect pool, no potential star or superstar amongst the group (Wolf has the potential) but pretty much the top 7 all have chances of being high impact NHLers. Poirier would have the potential to be a star defenseman with his offensive output if he wasn’t iffy defensively even at the AHL level. Before this season Zary was firmly at number 5, which puts the strength of Calgarys top 5 prospects in perspective.

Last edited:

Rayquaza64

McMichael>McDavid
May 30, 2019
Virginia
1. Ivan Miroshnichenko
2. Andrew Cristall
3. Ryan Leonard
4. Hendrix Lapierre
5. Vincent Iorio
6. Ryan Chesley
7. Alexander Suzdalev
8. Ludwig Persson
9. Bogdan Trineyev
10. Ryan Hofer
I’m sure I’m missing someone but this is all I got off the top of my head

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

For NJ it depends upon how you view a prospect. If it includes Luke Hughes, Simon Nemec and Alex Holtz then this would be the top three probably followed by Akira Schmid although plenty of NJ fans will want to put Sean Casey ahead of Schmid. Beyond them you would likely have Lenni Hameenaho and Arseni Gritsyuk and then Josh Filmon. One player that came to camp and made an impression is Danil Misyul. He played with some skill and pace and edge. By multiple accounts he’s looked good in the AHL . He is blocked for now because NJ is working two raw rookies and one second year player in Kevin Bahl into prominent defensive roles. There are several KHL defenders that have a chance to develop over the next couple of years including two more Danills in Karpovich and Orlov. The rookies breaking in are obviously top end guys but the next wave doesn’t look like anything special right now beyond maybe Casey. I’ll give Nico Daws a pass for this season as he is just returning from hip surgery and it sounds like he’s on a pitch count.

Reactions: neelynugs

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
For Isles, at the beginning of the season the consensus was:

PLAYERHFB RANK
William Dufour
1​
Samuel Bolduc
2​
Matthew Maggio
3​
Simon Holmstrom
4​
Danny Nelson
5​
Ruslan Iskhakov
6​
Arnaud DurandeauTraded
Calle Odelius
7​
Robin Salo
8​
Isaiah George
9​
Alex Jefferies
10​
Eetu Liukas
11​
Quinn Finley
12​
Jesse Nurmi
13​
Aleksi Malinen14
Tristan Lennox15
Zach SchulzHM1
Cameron BergHM2
Daylan KueflerHM3
thoughts on the first half of the season - risers/disappointments?

holmstrom is a stud. really impressive. looks like a 10-15 year guy for the middle 6.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
4) Ryan Johnson: D - I almost have him as graduated. He was a recall after injury and has slotted in well on both his natural side and on the opposite/off-hand side. It seems like he's around for good as they've sent a depth player to waivers in order to keep him up as other forwards come off the IR. Smart, smooth and surprisingly offensively aggressive after years of being a safety valve at UM.
You could use almost the same words to describe Brock Faber, his d partner at the U of MN. Faber is now running the #1 PP, whereas he(and Johnson) never sniffed it in college, even though they both have the skills.

Both Faber and Johnson might be the odd cases of being better in the NHL than they were in college, though Faber was high profile in a low profile kind of way. Certainly both players are a testament to slow cooking your prospects at their age levels rather than rushing them into the AHL(i.e. Turcotte) or NHL for some perceived advantage. This especially applies to Dmen, IMO.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
You could use almost the same words to describe Brock Faber, his d partner at the U of MN. Faber is now running the #1 PP, whereas he(and Johnson) never sniffed it in college, even though they both have the skills.

Both Faber and Johnson might be the odd cases of being better in the NHL than they were in college, though Faber was high profile in a low profile kind of way. Certainly both players are a testament to slow cooking your prospects at their age levels rather than rushing them into the AHL(i.e. Turcotte) or NHL for some perceived advantage. This especially applies to Dmen, IMO.

Yeah, after years of Lacombe getting the lion's share of the PP time, it wasn't a surprise to see him move into Anaheim's lineup. Nor was it a surprise with how good Faber was at just pure defending at the collegiate level that he stepped into the Wild lineup. But it's been something to see Faber especially just run with the opportunity with the Spurgeon injury. RJohnson seems to have been told to gamble now, use his speed and passing more aggressively which has been very interesting indeed. He's already pushed the returning #7 out of the NHL with how well he's played.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
thoughts on the first half of the season - risers/disappointments?

holmstrom is a stud. really impressive. looks like a 10-15 year guy for the middle 6.
Odelius getting hurt and missing the U20 WJC is a big disappointment. Dufour and Maggio (along with all of Bridgeport) has been a dumpster fire, almost have to throw this whole year out to evaluate most of our pool because of how much of a shit show that team is.

Holmstrom has really come into his own, he could be a Grabner-light at his peak for us, very much a specialty player vs a core guy. He has skills in his smarts, skating and hands really stand out and that extra time in Bridgeport really accelerated his development. Wahlstrom while not on this list is trending heavily towards bust territory, I'd be shocked if he is an Islander after the deadline.

Reactions: neelynugs

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Obviously Bedard isn't a "prospect" anymore and I wouldn't call Reichel a prospect anymore either.

However, the Hawks have had 5 rookie d-men play in the NHL this season and all of them are still technically prospects - Vlassic, Korchinski, Kaiser, Phillips and Crevier.

The top prospects to not play any NHL games:

1. Ethan del Mastro
2. Nolan Allan
3. Frank Nazar
4. Oliver Moore
5. Nick Lardis
6. Martin Misiak
7. Sam Rinzel
8. Gavin Hayes
9. Ryan Greene
10. Paul Ludwinski
11. Colton Dach
12. Landon Slaggert

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers

1. Perreault
2. Othmann
3. Sykora
4. Garand
5. Fortsecue
6. Chmelar
7. Laba
8. McConell-Barker
9. Lamb
10. Berard

Edstrom, Ollas, Roobroeck, Robertson, Rempe

Those 15 are the only ones I think have a chance to play NHL games. The first four could conceivably be top half of the league NHL'ers, while the rest are fighting for bottom of the lineup roles. Very sad state of affairs. Drury refuses to draft players from Russia. Drafts very few Euros in total. Drafts all these grinders from North America that don't get close to being worth a contract.

Reactions: hn777

LazyCircuits

Dec 14, 2019
Europia
I will count someone in their first NHL season as a prospect so no Cole
Sillinger, Nick Blankenburg or Daniil Tarasov.

1. Kent Johnson
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko
4. Denton Mateychuk
5. Jordan Dumais (I love this guy but he is the ultimate boom or bust swing for the fences)
6. Stanislav Svozil
7. Corson Ceulemans
8. Dimitri Voronkov
9. Luca Del Bel Belluz
10. James Malatesta

When you factor in the near certainty of a top five draft pick coming up, the future seems bright with a good prospect pool.

I typed this before we drafted Adam Fantilli who is definitely the number 1 on the list now.

Voronkov is already the centre on our best and most complete line of late so he moved up from 8.

Jordan Dumais is the only longer shot prospect that I have ever been massively high on who looks like they might pan out as hoped. After all, even a broken clock is right twice per day.

1. Adam Fantilli
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko (almost graduated)
4. Dimitri Voronkov
5. Kent Johnson
6. Jordan Dumais
7. Denton Mateychuk
8. Stan Svozil
9. James Malatesta
10. Gavin Brindley

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I will count someone in their first NHL season as a prospect so no Cole
Sillinger, Nick Blankenburg or Daniil Tarasov.

1. Kent Johnson
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko
4. Denton Mateychuk
5. Jordan Dumais (I love this guy but he is the ultimate boom or bust swing for the fences)
6. Stanislav Svozil
7. Corson Ceulemans
8. Dimitri Voronkov
9. Luca Del Bel Belluz
10. James Malatesta

When you factor in the near certainty of a top five draft pick coming up, the future seems bright with a good prospect pool.

I typed this before we drafted Adam Fantilli who is definitely the number 1 on the list now.

Voronkov is already the centre on our best and most complete line of late so he moved up from 8.

Jordan Dumais is the only longer shot prospect that I have ever been massively high on who looks like they might pan out as hoped. After all, even a broken clock is right twice per day.

1. Adam Fantilli
2. David Jiricek
3. Kirill Marchenko (almost graduated)
4. Dimitri Voronkov
5. Kent Johnson
6. Jordan Dumais
7. Denton Mateychuk
8. Stan Svozil
9. James Malatesta
10. Gavin Brindley

The success rate is looking pretty damn good in the last couple years.

Taking out the 5 on the NHL roster, my list looks like this:

1. LD Denton Mateychuk
2. W Jordan Dumais
3. LD Stanislav Svozil
4. W Gavin Brindley
5. G Jet Greaves

6. G Sergei Ivanov
7. W James Malatesta
8. C Luca Del Bel Belluz
9. W Kirill Dolzhenkov
10. C Oiva Keskinen

Reactions: Goodman68 and hn777

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
Seattle

1. Shane Wright
2. Ryker Evans
3. Jagger Firkus
4. Carson Rehkopf
5. Jani Nyman
6. David Goyette
7. Eduard Sale
8. Ty Nelson
9. Caden Price
10. Lukas Dragicevic
Niklas Kokko not in here intentionally?

edit: not disagreeing, no horse in this race, just curious.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Wolf
2. Coronato
3. Pelletier
4. Poirier
5. Honzek
6. E. Morin
7. Solovyov
8. Kerins
9. Kuznetsov
10. Ciona

Graduated: Pospisil, Zary.

2-6 pretty interchangeable imo

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
:nashville

1. Askarov
2.Parssinen
3.Kemell
4.Evangalista
5. L'Hereux
6. Svechkov
7. Afanasyev
8. Ufko
9. Prokop
10.Kulonummi

HM. Cambell, Matier,

Update:

:nashville
1.Askarov
2.Kemell
3.Evangelista
4.Svechkov
5. Wood
6. Molendyk
7. L'Hereaux
8. Afanasyev (Should be an NHL regular any day now)
9. Stastney
10. Del Gaizo

HM: Livingstone, Chistyakov(Will he come over?)

Parssinen graduated, Wood and Molendyk debut on the list. Tough having L'Hereaux all the way at 7, apparently the coaches in Milwaukee thinks he's NHL ready now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad