your team's top 10 prospects

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
no top 10 list , just a few observations :
COSSA-have become high on him because of the athleticism/agility/quickness in such a huge body.has some mental n glove development to accomplish and if does could be allstar level.yzerman saw elite level potential because of his tools that nobody else out there has.yzerman saw same thing with #1 edvinsson

GIBSON-good skating,big,rugged.the type that could surprise.he's about 8th on my list and like the first two mentioned above this is another case of tools

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Wallstedt
Yurov

Khusnutdinov
Ohgren

Peart
Stramel
Heidt

Kumpalainen
Hunt
Lambos

Stramel is still just a freshman age wise and he was always going to be a project so im higher on him than most.

Always been a big Jack Peart guy and still a believer in Khusnutdinov’s swiss-army knife skillset despite a downyear offensively.

Khovanov & Beckman did same thing Heidt is doing in the CHL so I need to see him against men before I get hurt again.

Wallstedt probably deserves his own tier because he is about as bulletproof a goalie prospect as I can remember in my life.

ToastedRavioli

Jun 29, 2023
Here is my updated list from August 31st. I consider Neighbours, Hofer, Tucker, and Alexandrov graduates now.

1. Dalibor Dvorsky (-)
2. Jimmy Snuggerud (-)
3. Zachary Bolduc (-)
4. Otto Stenberg (+1)
5. Theo Lindstein. (+1)
6. Vadim Zherenko (+5)
7. Zach Dean (-3)
8. Juraj Pekarcik (+5)
9. Michael Buchinger (+1)
10. Aleksanteri Kaskimaki (+6)

Top 3 stayed the same. It has been an interesting year for all three. They all faced struggles at one point this year. Bolduc has been much improved in the AHL as of late, and Dvorsky has been insane in the OHL. Snuggerud is still finding his game. Stenberg and Lindstein both move up 1, less because of what they did and more because of Zach Dean's abysmal start to his pro career. I was already high on Zherenko, but his stellar year coupled with 3 prospects ahead of him graduating and Dean's poor start has shot him up 5 spots. Pekarcik I would define as the fastest riser, as his rise is mostly due to his own play. He has had a fantastic year in the USHL. He's currently third in PPG behind only Hagens and Eiserman, both of which have played significantly less games than him. The biggest thing to note here is how young Pekarcik is. He was one of the youngest in the draft. If he were only a few weeks younger, he might have been a first rounder in this upcoming draft. Buchinger has had an alright year, he moved up 1 spot, but only because three players in front of him graduated. Kaskimaki Has had a surprisingly alright year, that coupled with 4 players graduating in front of him led him to move up six spots.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wallstedt
Yurov

Khusnutdinov
Ohgren

Peart
Stramel
Heidt

Kumpalainen
Hunt
Lambos

Stramel is still just a freshman age wise and he was always going to be a project so im higher on him than most.

Always been a big Jack Peart guy and still a believer in Khusnutdinov’s swiss-army knife skillset despite a downyear offensively.

Khovanov & Beckman did same thing Heidt is doing in the CHL so I need to see him against men before I get hurt again.

Wallstedt probably deserves his own tier because he is about as bulletproof a goalie prospect as I can remember in my life.
D+1 years

Khovanov. 74 points. 28 in his draft year.

Beckman. 107. 62 pts in his draft year

Heidt - on pace for about 130. 97 in his draft year. 58 in his D-1 year.

Beckman had a great D+1 year, but what Heidt is doing is well beyond that. Doesn't mean that he will be a NHL'er, but he has shown consistency, and constant improvement thoughout his time in the WHL. I think he is a different level of prospect.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Dallas is ridiculously top heavy and then has a massive drop off.

I'm not in love with anyone after the top 5 and a dozen names could possibly be here. My opinion differs pretty drastically than others but here goes.

1. Stankoven - Putting up absurd numbers in his rookie AHL season
2. Bourque - If you switched him and Stank I wouldn't hate it. Dominating the AHL right now.
3) Bichsel - Too many penalties and just went back to Sweden but has size and skating to handle the NHL.
4.) Poirier - Just getting his feet wet in the AHL but has put up great numbers in his career so far.
5) Stranges - Non-stop motor with fantastic offensive skills. Can his brain keep up so he makes better decisions is the question.
6. MacDonnell - Skating is elite and he's put up good stats as a 2nd line center on a good team, draft +1.
7. Blumel - Tunnel vision with the puck holds him back cause he cannot or does not use his teammates well in the offensive zone.
8. Murray - Older 4 year college goalie, may develop into an NHL backup someday. He's going to get his chance in the next week or 3 now.
9. Gardiner - If you flipped he and MacDonnell I wouldn't argue too much, but he should be putting up better numbers on a good team.
10. Bertucci - Started awful this season but has been a point/game guy lately. Defense needs massive work but there's some nice skills to build upon.

HM:

Gurshnikov - You never notice him and that's not a bad thing for a defenseman, but he almost always leaves you wanting just a bit more.

Wheatcroft - Has great hands/size. Cannot stay healthy.

Martino - College guy with good numbers but buried on a deep forward depth chart. Does he sign with the Stars this Spring?

Back - Does he have the skating to be an effective 4th liner in the NHL?

Minnetian - We'll see how the world juniors goes before my opinion on him truly forms.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets Top 10 as voted by the board over the summer (where I think they rank now in brackets):

1. F-Rutger McGroarty 42.3% (2 ⬇️)
2. F-Chaz Lucius 30.6% (4 ⬇️)
3. F-Brad Lambert 40.0% (3 ↕️)
4. F-Colby Barlow 73.0% (7 ⬇️
5. D-Ville Heinola 60.2% (6 ⬇️)
6. D-Elias Salomonsson 50.0% (5 ⬆️)
7. F-Nikita Chibrikov 61.1% (1 ⬆️)
8. G-Domenic DiVincentiis 45.3% (11-20 ⬇️)
9. D-Declan Chisholm 54.3% (8 ⬆️)
10. F-Dmitri Rashevsky (11-20 ⬇️)

IMO, 8. Domenic DiVincentiis drops out of the top 10 based on the awful season he's having.
Also 10. Rashevsky slips out because he's not taking huge steps forward in the K, also he's in the K for a couple more seasons.

Prospects to move into the Top 10 (summer ranking in brackets)
9. F-Jacob Julien who's really having a good season for the London Knights in the O. (Unranked)
10. G-Thomas Milic who's been very good in the ECHL as a 20 year-old. (12)

Chibrikov has been very good in the AHL for the Manitoba Moose. 20 years old, leads the team in scoring, dynamic, good shot, good sense. Looks like a player. I vault him all the way to #1 prospect.

McGroarty was doing well until his injury.

Lambert is also doing great with the Moose - as a 19 year old (turning 20 tomorrow - still nearly 2 years younger than Chibrikov).

Barlow slips down a few - back injury problems. Was only ppg in the 14 he's played this year.

Salomonsson is looking steady in the SHL.

That pushes down Heinola who looked really good in camp and then fractured his ankle in the preseason as it looked like he'd won a spot in the regular lineup. Bad luck...

Chisholm's gotten into a few games with the Jets. He's looked alright. There's some rotation between Chisholm, Stanley and Nate Schmidt for that 6th/7th D spot.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Vancouver:

1. Tom Willander
2. Jonathan Lekkerimaki
3. Elias Pettersson (D)
4. Aatu Raty
5. Arshdeep Bains
6. Arturs Silovs
7. Hunter Brz
8. Cole McWard
9. Jackson Dorrington
10. Sawyer Mynio

Big drop-off past #7 or so and a lot of names could go between 8 and 15 in pretty much any order.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Dallas is ridiculously top heavy and then has a massive drop off.

I'm not in love with anyone after the top 5 and a dozen names could possibly be here. My opinion differs pretty drastically than others but here goes.

1. Stankoven - Putting up absurd numbers in his rookie AHL season
2. Bourque - If you switched him and Stank I wouldn't hate it. Dominating the AHL right now.
3) Bichsel - Too many penalties and just went back to Sweden but has size and skating to handle the NHL.
4.) Poirier - Just getting his feet wet in the AHL but has put up great numbers in his career so far.
5) Stranges - Non-stop motor with fantastic offensive skills. Can his brain keep up so he makes better decisions is the question.
6. MacDonnell - Skating is elite and he's put up good stats as a 2nd line center on a good team, draft +1.
7. Blumel - Tunnel vision with the puck holds him back cause he cannot or does not use his teammates well in the offensive zone.
8. Murray - Older 4 year college goalie, may develop into an NHL backup someday. He's going to get his chance in the next week or 3 now.
9. Gardiner - If you flipped he and MacDonnell I wouldn't argue too much, but he should be putting up better numbers on a good team.
10. Bertucci - Started awful this season but has been a point/game guy lately. Defense needs massive work but there's some nice skills to build upon.

HM:

Gurshnikov - You never notice him and that's not a bad thing for a defenseman, but he almost always leaves you wanting just a bit more.

Wheatcroft - Has great hands/size. Cannot stay healthy.

Martino - College guy with good numbers but buried on a deep forward depth chart. Does he sign with the Stars this Spring?

Back - Does he have the skating to be an effective 4th liner in the NHL?

Minnetian - We'll see how the world juniors goes before my opinion on him truly forms.
what's up with kyrou and seminoff? haven't checked in on those guys.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
:wings

1. Simon Edvinsson
2. Marco Kasper
3. Jonatan Berggren
4. Elmer Soderblom
5. William Wallinder
6. Sebastian Cossa
7. Carter Mazur
8. Albert Johansson
9. Dimitri Buchelnikov
10. Cross Hanas

HM: Theo Niederbach, Donovan Sebrango, Amadeus Lombardi, Emil Viro, Red Savage, Dylan James, Robert Mastrosimone
Your list is pretty good. I think you may have forgotten Nate Danielson though ;)

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:sabres

Going to leave out the graduates:

1)Matthew Savoie
2) Devon Levi
3) Isak Rosen/Jiri Kulich
4) Jiri Kulich/Isak Rosen
5) Noah Ostland
6) Ryan Johnson
7) Josh Bloom
8) Olivier Nadeau
9) Brandon Biro
10) Lukas Rousek

I would consider Zach Benson and Devon Levi graduated. Since I don't have these guys graded out right at the moment, I'm gunna go off the cuff and probably regret it later:

1A) Matthew Savoie: RW/C - averaging over 2 pts/game since he went back to the WHL, had 5 in a 6-game assignment to the AHL and now off to the U20s. He's playing almost all RW in viewing in the WHL thus far. In the 18 games he has played across three leagues, he has put up points in 15. His pre-season rookie camp injury may have kept him off the NHL roster.
1B) Jiri Kulich: C/W - Still only 19, still crushing pucks at the AHL level. His 10 ES goals leads all AHL goal scorers. His 6 on the PP is tied for 2nd in the AHL. He has three OT GWG's for this year and his first taste of the NHL. Did I mention he's playing center? Because he's almost always lined up at center. Oh, and he's being allowed to go to another U20.
3) Isak Rosen: LW/RW - got a longer recall than Kulich but part of that is A) he's a year older and B) his defensive game at the AHL level is much better right now.
4) Ryan Johnson: D - I almost have him as graduated. He was a recall after injury and has slotted in well on both his natural side and on the opposite/off-hand side. It seems like he's around for good as they've sent a depth player to waivers in order to keep him up as other forwards come off the IR. Smart, smooth and surprisingly offensively aggressive after years of being a safety valve at UM.
5) Noah Ostlund: C/LW - Should be Sweden's first line center at the U20's if he's healthy, but he's been out of Växjö's lineup for a month now. Hoping he is in and can spring board into the end of his club season there before coming over. He's mostly played depth roles for Växjö but still over 16 minutes a game (like Walberg) but for the 2nd place team in the SHL.
6) Anton Walberg: W/C - Could be on Ostlund's wing at the U20's, a nice collection of size and willingness to go into traffic to apply it offensively which is a rarity among the high end of the Sabre prospects (they have a lot of smaller guys at forward). He's pulling down over 16 minutes a game for Malmö which is in their top 6 among forwards (yay!) but Malmö is also third last in the SHL (boo!).
7) Prokhor Poltapov: W - Just came off a long-ish goal drought in the KHL, but has a bunch of capable tools, including being a bit abrasive as well as somewhat timely with how he produces offense.
8) Vsevolod Komarov: RD - Was one of the key drivers for Quebec's Q championship and MemCup winner, now part of a big deal to Drummondville who are also looking to go deep and perhaps get to Saginaw for another Memorial Cup appearance. Another guy who can do it all, could develop into a good 4 as he continues to round out his game.
9) Maxim Strbak: RD - The "other" freshman defenseman at Michigan State behind highly touted Levshunov. Strong on the international stage, should be a key player for the Slovaks' U20 team in a few weeks. Can do a bit over everything, but the physical play is probably his ticket to the next level.
10) Nikita Novikov: LD - At times since R. Johnson's call-up to the NHL, he's been the Amerks' best defenseman at AHL level. Safe. Should be a player IMO.

Yes, I left out Levi who has mostly been in the NHL but had a 2-game reset in the AHL. His numbers since returning are very strong, even if he has work yet to improve things like rebound control. Similarly, Benson not only has made the team but he went from being part of the only line they had working well at the start of the season (third line with Mittelstadt and Greenway) to a 2nd line with Cozens and Peterka and is now playing on the top line with Tuch and Thompson. And he really is the straw that stirs the drink and has deserved the promotion up the lineup.

HM's would probably be forward Tyson Kozak who plays like a grizzled pro at the AHL level but hasn't turned 21 yet.

I figure I will regret not grading these out but if there are any wild variables, I'll make an adjustment. :biglaugh:

Last edited:

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
:hawks
With Bedard, Korchinski, Reichel, Vlasic, and Soderblom graduating here are the Hawks prospects (note: Phillips and Kaiser are both currently in the NHL only due to a log jam of blue line injuries, so not considering them graduates just yet).

1. Frank Nazar
2. Oliver Moore
3. Nick Lardis
4. Drew Commesso
5. Colton Dach
6. Sam Rinzel
7. Isaak Phillips
8. Adam Gajan
9. Ethan Del Mastro
10. Nolan Allan

Wyatt Kaiser, Gavin Hayes, Ryan Greene, Paul Ludwinski, and Martin Misiak are some other names I contemplated. Those five, along with the last four on the list, are pretty interchangeable.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
:hawks
With Bedard, Korchinski, Reichel, Vlasic, and Soderblom graduating here are the Hawks prospects (note: Phillips and Kaiser are both currently in the NHL only due to a log jam of blue line injuries, so not considering them graduates just yet).

1. Frank Nazar
2. Oliver Moore
3. Nick Lardis
4. Drew Commesso
5. Colton Dach
6. Sam Rinzel
7. Isaak Phillips
8. Adam Gajan
9. Ethan Del Mastro
10. Nolan Allan

Wyatt Kaiser, Gavin Hayes, Ryan Greene, Paul Ludwinski, and Martin Misiak are some other names I contemplated. Those five, along with the last four on the list, are pretty interchangeable.
Does Phillips have what it takes to stick at the NHL level? He's had some games this year and last.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Does Phillips have what it takes to stick at the NHL level? He's had some games this year and last.
Yeah, I'd say so. He's not far off from being what a regular (non dumpster-fire) team would ice on a bottom pairing, and he's young and has room to improve.

His upside is middle pairing, but I'd be surprised if he doesn't stick at least as a bottom pairing guy.

Reactions: Dominance

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The Rangers' list is mostly AHL and NCAA players.

Othmann
Perreault
Berard
Sykora
Garand
Fortescue
Edstrom
McConnell-Barker
Laba
Chmelar

Honorable Mention: Lamb, Mancini, Korczak, Vaisanen
Graduated: Cuylle

Reactions: neelynugs

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
what's up with kyrou and seminoff? haven't checked in on those guys.
Kyrou is all gas no brakes and poor decisions with the puck causing atrocious turnovers. He's been better lately but he's nowhere near the prospect his brother was.

Seminoff has been buried on the 4th line in the AHL. Dallas is pretty deep there this year. He's been penalty killing but no PP and not good offensive linemates. Turnover next season should give him a much better chance to play on a more offensive line and then we'll have a much better idea as to how he stacks up. At worst I think he's a future 4th liner but is he more than that, who knows right now.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
For Isles, at the beginning of the season the consensus was:

PLAYERHFB RANK
William Dufour
1​
Samuel Bolduc
2​
Matthew Maggio
3​
Simon Holmstrom
4​
Danny Nelson
5​
Ruslan Iskhakov
6​
Arnaud DurandeauTraded
Calle Odelius
7​
Robin Salo
8​
Isaiah George
9​
Alex Jefferies
10​
Eetu Liukas
11​
Quinn Finley
12​
Jesse Nurmi
13​
Aleksi Malinen14
Tristan Lennox15
Zach SchulzHM1
Cameron BergHM2
Daylan KueflerHM3

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I honestly don't think Ottawa has anyone left in their prospect pool that has top-line/top-pair potential even if all goes well. I guess maybe Sogaard can become a legit starter, but goalies are so hard to judge. Their pool has been decimated by graduations, which isn't necesarily a bad thing I guess.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
1. Hutson
2. Reinbacher
3. Roy
4. Mailloux
5. Mesar
6. Beck
7. Norlinder
8. Engstrom
9. Heinemen
10. Konyushkov
11. Fowler
12. Volokhin

Had to include some goalies.

Graduated Harris, struble, Lindstrom, ylonen as they all go up and down.

We have a log jam of NHL talent coming up

Reactions: CapSpace

Antonche

Jan 13, 2015
Russia, Siberia.
AZ. Moser and Maccelli - gradueted.
1) Cooley
2) Guenther
3) Soderstrom
4) Geekie
5) Duda
6) Doan
7) Jenik
8) Matikka
9) Lamoureux
10) Lipkin

PS: i think draft 2023 will change half of this list.
Updated. Cooley graduated.
1) Guenther
2) Geekie
3) But
4) Simashev
5) Doan
6) Lamoureux
7) Soderstrom
8) Lipkin
9) Lutz
10) Hrabal

HM (not so far from top-10): Castagna, Duda, Szuber, Langlois, Ludtke, Kipkie, Matikka, Jenik, Nordh.

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Pretty ugly for the Sens now that Sanderson and Pinto have graduated:

:sens

1. C/LW, Ridly Greig
2. C/LW, Zach Ostapchuk
3. G, Mads Sogaard
4. LW, Roby Jarventie
5. D, Tyler Kleven
6. RW, Egor Sokolov
7. D, Jacob Bernard Docker
8. D, Lassi Thomson
9. LW, Angus Crookshank
10. RW, Oskar Pettersson
HM: Boucher, Guenette, Donovan
Man what a bad pick Boucher was. Any of the next 8-10 picks would have been an upgrade.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad