GDT: Your New Jersey Devils @ Anaheim Ducks, 10 PM EST, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiredswede

Dec 6, 2016
Using assistant GM years wasn’t on my bingo card but the anti Fitz agenda is in full swing.
Well, he has been doing a lot of good moves. But his inaction this year and being completely invisible is eroding his position quite significantly

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I like how he says “we” when he was out there for 3 goals against with 2 horrible turnovers that directly resulted in goals against.
You're hatred of Nico is bizarre. Dude has been rock solid for weeks now but he has one mediocre game and you're talking about him like he's the worst problem on the team.

What is wrong with some people?

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I wonder if they even have the numbers in hand and are prepared, or if it's just a "Jack is the man, this is his moment"

Jack had a great game and I don't mind the idea of your best player taking it but if you can choose, he's definitely not my first person doing it. It shouldn't even have come down to that in the first place anyway lol

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I believe we will still make the playoffs

Hey! Stop hogging the bottle brudda

R.2df3ea37a208ffe1d0ae9632b67cc5f8

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
He isn't blaming the goalie when he says that, he's talking about himself and the entire team. Stop reading for things that aren't there. Daws should have made saves, but they shouldn't have had the turnover on goal #1 or the breakdown on goal #4.

Sometimes, the mental gymnastics are unnecessary.
The lengths you guys go to defend nico. “They” shouldt have had the turnover and the breakdown.

NICO IS THEY.

Nico inexplicably went deep into his own zone causing the turnover on the first goal. Nico turned it over, and then lazily skated back and didn’t pick up his man on the 4th goal.

Not “they.” Nico Hischier.

Reactions: vtdevils2k

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
This team feels like the complete opposite team as last year. Even when we put up 50 shots, it doesn't feel like we do enough.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Honestly though, is anybody really surprised by tonight? After a beatdown on a bad team it was almost inevitable with the way this season has gone they'd lose against the next bad team they played.

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
The lengths you guys go to defend nico. “They” shouldt have had the turnover and the breakdown.

NICO IS THEY.

Nico inexplicably went deep into his own zone causing the turnover on the first goal. Nico turned it over, and then lazily skated back and didn’t pick up his man on the 4th goal.

Not “they.” Nico Hischier.
It’s clear Hughes should be captain over Nico. It’s like if the Pens chose Fleury to be the captain over Crosby. Nonsensical.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
He isn't blaming the goalie when he says that, he's talking about himself and the entire team. Stop reading for things that aren't there. Daws should have made saves, but they shouldn't have had the turnover on goal #1 or the breakdown on goal #4.

Sometimes, the mental gymnastics are unnecessary.
at some point you can't NOT blame goalies at all though, like if i went in and let in 10, they aren't gonna blame themselves

daws is young and may grow, but where we are, we are in desperate need of solid goaltending to step forward

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Ruff put it squarely on the goalie and said the team didn’t give up much

I agree

Not one big save by Daws, and one more normal save was needed on goal 1 or 2.

That is the game while the goalie on the other end had a +2.4 expected goals saved night.

But I also blame Lindy on overworking Daws.

Just give me Markstrom. Roll with him and Akira the next two season.

ndkjr70

Jan 30, 2023
You're hatred of Nico is bizarre. Dude has been rock solid for weeks now but he has one mediocre game and you're talking about him like he's the worst problem on the team.

What is wrong with some people?
I don’t hate Nico. I’ve hated, since his rookie year, his tendency to take games (and sometimes stretches of games) off.

Nico did not show up to the hockey rink ready to play the game today. That should not be the guy with a C on his jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad