Your most hated commentator lines

czechmate

Jan 1, 2016
"(Insert any player) scoops up the loose puck"

- Any EA Sports NHL Game throughout the last years.

BennetAintInit

Sep 7, 2018
Fl.
Every play, goal, players ability, blocked shot, etc.. for Pierre must be "Phenomenal". get another adjective already dude.

TakeTheBody

Jan 10, 2018
Every interview between periods the last question is what do you need to do this period? The answer is always get the puck deep. Every game. Every interviewer. Every player. Play a cartoon or something.........

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
Anytime Pierre feels the need to tell us about a players background playing hockey. "Yeah he grew up playing on an outdoor rink in western ontario, his coaches third cousin twice removed used to play for the Nordiques, thats where he learned how to skate backwards from".

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
This guy had a really rough go... try not to cringe:

Poor guy was shooting video for the tv show and the regular guy called in sick. So he volunteered to step in.

Not so easy apparently.

He finished... to his credit and works in media content now.

HartAU

Mar 28, 2014
Emrick: HIT. THE. POST. WITH. THE. SHOT.

As if a crime has just been committed in a dark alley.

Oh yeah, it's this one for me.

Love the clarification that he hit the post WITH THE SHOT. As if without said clarification, I would have assumed he hit the post with a jellyfish.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I just hate how pierre mcguire adds a Y at the end of EVERY first name.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
Anytime Pierre feels the need to tell us about a players background playing hockey. "Yeah he grew up playing on an outdoor rink in western ontario, his coaches third cousin twice removed used to play for the Nordiques, thats where he learned how to skate backwards from".
hahah this is true.

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
"we bring it up to Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson in the booth, take it away gentlemen" the game goes downhill from there.

byrath

Jan 28, 2008
St. Louis, MO
That guy who always says "THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU" always bugs me. I kinda get pissed when I hear the term slap pass too.
That's the Blues guy, John Kelly. He generally reserves that for relatively big games or big comebacks, but yeah, I can't say I'm a big fan of it either.

"Never a bad idea to get the puck on goal/net" - Obviously, making a pass or hanging on to the puck is sometimes a much better idea.
"Should've taken the shot on that play" - Even when the pass would've led to an easy tap-in vs. a low percentage shot.
Almost every announcer does both of these regularly. Reminds me of fans who yell 'Shooooot!" after 10 seconds of zone time on the PP.

Kale Hulls

May 15, 2013
That's the Blues guy, John Kelly. He generally reserves that for relatively big games or big comebacks, but yeah, I can't say I'm a big fan of it either.

"Never a bad idea to get the puck on goal/net" - Obviously, making a pass or hanging on to the puck is sometimes a much better idea.
"Should've taken the shot on that play" - Even when the pass would've led to an easy tap-in vs. a low percentage shot.
Almost every announcer does both of these regularly. Reminds me of fans who yell 'Shooooot!" after 10 seconds of zone time on the PP.
Didn't he call the Colorado games for a season or two? I feel like I've seen him on alot of different broadcasts.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
"No carryover penalties nor power plays."

Well duh. If there are no carryover penalties, then it goes without saying that there is, in fact, no carryover power play.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
I've generally liked Doc Emrick's work, especially his emotion, but I think he's starting to lose it.

I think it was game 6 CBus/Bos, 3rd period, and a Blooj D man is chasing a dump in and clears it right as he gets pounded by a Bruin forechecker. Doc says something like this "And he will have a penalty for that hit". So I'm looking for a ref with his arm up, none there. I do the 15 second rewind and watch the play and don't see anything illegal. As the puck moves up through center, Doc continues to say that "he didn't do anything wrong there, so its not a penalty"... blah blah, and then more about "he payed a penalty for making the play" (I'm still confused) and then some thing like "I just mean he payed a price for that hit" and finally something like "I didn't mean a minor penalty".

At that point I'm just like WTF dude, please retire already.

Reactions: Pia8988

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Ward (or current Carolina goalie) says no. Can you imagine a goalie compulsory saying "No" after each save?

I can’t stand that announcer especially when he says after a goal “and Carolina is off and running”. Predictable and lame.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad