Your most hated commentator lines

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Anytime Doc says "waffleboarded"
This is actually one of my favorite things, precisely because I only know wtf that means based on context.

I don’t mind some random PbP flavor here and there, it’s seems like the absolutely most casual thing you can do, making up a random sounding word lol

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Any time Doc takes the extra time to say there's 120 seconds left in the period! (could have just said 2 minutes... Try hard)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Kind of an oddity, but the commercial on TV right now with the kid scoring a goal in a road hockey gam and they sync in the TML local announcer calling a goal of Auston Matthews' into an empty-net and screaming "holy mackinaw" - that whole commercial's sound grates on my nerves. I'm not sure if the TML announcer always sounds like that, but in that particular commercial, he sounds borderline incoherent and somewhat like an angry alcoholic yelling at kids in the street.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Goring constantly goes on about how the Isles need to get their “chip and chase” game going

Dilderon

Nov 29, 2018
Anything Emerick says. Can't stand his obnoxious voice and how much of a dweeb he is. I can hardly watch games he calls.

I am a Flyers fan so for Jim Jackson it would be "joust for the puck", "diminutive forward/defenseman", "exchanging pleasantries" "LASER", there are more I can't remember, its just so unbelievably annoying to me.

Feb 24, 2017
I really hated the call of the avs game 6 winner by Landeskog to force a game 7 in San Jose.

“OH CAPTAIN, MY CAPTAIN!!!!! DO YOU KNOW THE WAY TO SAN JOSE?????!!!!!”

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
haha Jim Hughson when Vancouver used to play Chicago in the playoffs.

"Daniel to Henrik back to Daniel"

"here comes Pat Kane"

Just the way he called everyone by their first names annoyed me. Not to mention nobody even calls Patrick Kane "Pat" except Jim Hughson.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Yeah I'd have to avoid any NESN highlights, if that comes to fruition. Jack Edwards is just nauseating.

I'll settle for either CBC audio, or muted. :laugh:

Luckily for you that is impossible. NBC has exclusive rights after the 1st round. Last game Edwards will call this season was game 7 of the first round.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Kind of an oddity, but the commercial on TV right now with the kid scoring a goal in a road hockey gam and they sync in the TML local announcer calling a goal of Auston Matthews' into an empty-net and screaming "holy mackinaw" - that whole commercial's sound grates on my nerves. I'm not sure if the TML announcer always sounds like that, but in that particular commercial, he sounds borderline incoherent and somewhat like an angry alcoholic yelling at kids in the street.

I too hate this commercial. I haven't watched a game on cable since that series but are they still running it as much? same with that stupid Mastercard commercial with Marner and Nylander. Boston truly did every Canadian a favor knocking out the leafs if those commercials get less air time.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Luckily for you that is impossible. NBC has exclusive rights after the 1st round. Last game Edwards will call this season was game 7 of the first round.

FYI, that post was a rollercoaster. At first I thought you were saying it'd be impossible to avoid NESN highlights.

Which is scary enough.

But then you saved the day with all that talk about Edwards having mercifully called his last game already this season.

Much obliged. :laugh:

Reactions: KlausJopling

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad