Your most hated commentator lines

Flair19Woo

Nov 10, 2006
Doc emrick: “and he shoots it into the paraphernalia of....”

He’s just trying too hard at that point using that word.

DOCHockeyGuy

Jan 8, 2019
Wisconsin
Anytime Pierre feels the need to tell us about a players background playing hockey. "Yeah he grew up playing on an outdoor rink in western ontario, his coaches third cousin twice removed used to play for the Nordiques, thats where he learned how to skate backwards from".
I know I’m in the minority but I actually love Pierre and how he tells about guys backgrounds. *ducks*

Reactions: Halakitlikethat

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
So offsetting penalties don't exist? Not all penalties result in power plays, so this statement actually makes sense.
That's sort of what I'm saying. Obviously there can be penalties without a power play, but there can't be a power play without penalties. So saying there are no carryover power plays isn't necessary when also saying there are no carryover penalties. It's a case of "A can exist without B, but B cannot exist without A." Just saying "no carryover penalties" would be sufficient.

E: Part of what's annoying about it for me is how predictable it is. Unless there actually is a guy in the box, he's guaranteed to say those exact words in that exact order at the start of every second, third, and overtime period. So it's a staple of his broadcast, rather than something that gets sprinkled in from time to time, but it seems like he never actually thought about the sentence logically.

Last edited:

remer

Oct 18, 2005
"we bring it up to Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson in the booth, take it away gentlemen" the game goes downhill from there.

So true. They are brutal. You always know which team they want to win the game. Very bias. HNIC with Nick Kypreos and Kelly Hrudey are not a lot better to listen too.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
When you listen to the same commentators night after night there's bound to be certain lines they repeat. And eventually you get really tired of them. What are your most hated ones?

As someone who follows mostly Canes here's my top 2:

''Hey Hey What do you say!''
''That's Hockey baby!''

At this point I almost wanna hit mute every time Carolina scores so I don't have to hear them again.

So you hate both catch phrases of the team you follow?

Sucks

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Some Jack Edwards gems:

"..with the reach around"
"Tumbling muffin"

And the best one of all...

Starts at 15 seconds in.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
100 seconds to go!

Spoons it into the corner

The post is 3" wide

From NHL 19, not sure if Doc actually says this is in real life...

OFF HIS HELMET MASK! what?

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
When a commentator says "the goalie had no chance on that one".

Also, I've never liked Sam Rosen's "IT'S A POWER PLAY GOOAALL"....but I don't have a legitimate reason as to why that is.

Reactions: Sentinel

P10p

May 15, 2012
When anyone on a Wild broadcast, that isn't Carter or Lapanta, talks.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Also, a new drinking game - take a shot every time that Arizona's broadcaster uses some variation of "to the front".

You'd be dead by the end of the 1st period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad