Your most hated commentator lines

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Jim Hughson won't stop calling the Bruins top line the "perfection line" and it's getting annoying.

Jamestown

Dec 17, 2014
Got a Bee under his Bonnet
D 2 D
Carries over the 8 Spoked B
OOOHH ITS ROCKEM SOCKEM ROBOTS
They have beaten them, and now, they have beaten them up
we got a donybrook on our hands
Tic tac goal!

too many gems
Let's not forget...

Tumblin Muffin
It's winning time (actually like this one)
A Johnny Rocket (did'nt like it, but miss it)

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
John Gianonne is so anti-climatic and just ****ing awful.

Steve Cangialosi is awful as well. “HE SCARSSSS!!!” I haven’t been able to sit through a Devils game in years, and it’s mostly because of him.

I cant believe the devils went with cangialosi. There are much better guys available the year mike emerick left.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Whenever an American commentator refers to the boards as walls.

“Along the wall...”

Pisses me off.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Can't remember the name, I should know it, but it's an fsn guy who growls, "SCORRRRE" after a goal. Score? This is hockey

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
Anything that is considered a dangerous lead.
I kinda like it when they go full John Madden though and start stating obvious things like "If they score here, they will tie this game up."

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
I hate whenever the color commentator starts talking about "effort" or "wanting it more". Usually, it's just bull**** filler because they can't figure out why one team is winning or why one goaltender is just stopping more shots.

I guarantee you, the losing goaltender doesn't wake up the morning of Game 7 in the Stanley Cup playoffs and think, "Meh, but do I really feel like winning today? Maybe. We'll just play it by ear and see."

So, I wonder which team will "want" it more tonight. Did anyone interview the players this morning and ask them if they still want to win Game 7?

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Is that really a thing? That would drive me crazy.

It's not a thing, no.

The National Broadcasters in Canada try excessively hard not to be biased in favor of Canadian teams; they often overdue it, which is why so many fans get irritated with crews like Jim Hughson and Craig Simpson.

But no - blatantly affiliating themselves with a Canadian team is something they do not do.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
The constant using of the word "speed"

There are very few slow players in the NHL now a days.

Especially when teams use a stretch pass system aka "cherry picking".

Its not really impressive if the players floating around the blue line...............

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Pierre generally making any ridiculous comment about a player that makes no sense..

Examples:
"it's really tough for them to keep up with the speed of Killorn"... Alex Killorn skates like pond water.

"that play really highlights the brains of Paquette". Ain't no one going to confuse Cedric Paquette with a Rocket Scientist.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad