Your failed Binky(s)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Reactions: Blowfish

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
i remembered one from 1999.
after his good playoff i though landon wilson was going to go off. never happened.lol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Paul "The Shot" Hurley was literally a childhood hockey star of mine beginning in 1st-2nd grade when he played for Melrose HS. He ended up playing 1 game for the B's at the end of the 1968-69 season when he went from BC to the B's.

It was his only NHL game. He can thank the late great Eddie Shack for it as Shack took multiple penalties the night before in Montreal helping seal Boston's loss and any chance at winning the RS title, so Hurley played the next and last game of the 1968-69 season. He got an assist, on I think a Phil Esposito goal.

So he was a one game binky.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Martin Karaums
Petr Kalus
Wacey Rabbit
Wacey Rabbit for the name alone deserved to be in the NHL...Kalus showed NHL talent for a few games and suddenly disappeared into the abyss.

I watched several Moncton QMJHL games specifically to watch Bruin 2004 draft pick prospect Karsums only to walk away loving unknown Marchand ... a future 2006 3rd pick for Boston.

I had high hope for one Kris Versteeg...and Boston sent him packing to the Hawks. Well we all know how that turned out. Bochenski for Versteeg + is up there in the bad trades category for bruins.

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Going back aways. Doug Gibson

Cameron Mann, Shayne Stevenson, Martin Samuelson.

Ben Clymer, he was going to be a top 4 D as Thornton and Samsonov carried the offense.

Rob Cimetta, Doug Morrison, Lane MacDermid.

Geoff Benic, camp invite in 1988. Looked like and fought like Dave Brown, made Brown look like Gretzky as a player, really wanted him in the AHL but it didn't happen.

Last edited:

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I guess for this I'm going to use the following criteria as "failed binky"

1. Didn't play 100 games in the NHL
2. Drafted by the Bruins
3. I didn't want to trade or held out hope to long for

Senyshyn - I defended him till the very end, but he did nothing after leaving Boston and is now playing in the DEL

JFK - This was the guy for me that was going to be a close to the next Bergeron as we'd get. He hasn't played anywhere professionally for the last 2yrs.

Khokhlachev - Back when I was still playing fantasy hockey I named my team Coocoo for Koko because of him. Thought he didn't get a fair shot in Boston. He's carved out a nice career back in Russia though

Players that played over 100 NHL games but never hit the potential I thought they would:

Studnicka
Heinen
Bjork
Vaakanainen
Donato
Colborne

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010

2. Drafted by the Bruins

Senyshyn - I defended him till the very end, but he did nothing after leaving Boston and is now playing in the DEL

JFK - This was the guy for me that was going to be a close to the next Bergeron as we'd get. He hasn't played anywhere professionally for the last 2yrs.

Khokhlachev - Back when I was still playing fantasy hockey I named my team Coocoo for Koko because of him. Thought he didn't get a fair shot in Boston. He's carved out a nice career back in Russia though

Players that played over 100 NHL games but never hit the potential I thought they would:

Studnicka
Heinen
Bjork
Vaakanainen
Donato
Colborne
Great list. Koko is having himself a nice career in the khl.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
Zach Hamill.

No failed binkies.

Sorry about that.

Binkies off the top of my head (with a time limit, as I'm off for a smoke in two minutes):

Jay Miller

Gary Galley

Dave Poulin

Steve Leach

PJ Stock (my, weren't those dark days?)

Chris Kelly

Shawn Thornton, Milan, Z, etc. on all of those guys.

Okay, gotta go.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

2. Drafted by the Bruins

Studnicka
Heinen
Bjork
Vaakanainen
Donato
Colborne
Wow ... our Binkys are so close...What about Spooner?

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
Richie LeDuc. Big scorer in Jrs. and for the Braves and had the coolest hair outside of Derek. Couldn't bust through with the big club and bolted for the WHA. Not a complete bust of a binky though as he potted 50 one year and was elected into the WHA Hall of Fame.

1690762841375.png

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015

Jesse "the Bod" Gabrielle, Cameron Mann, Spooner, ....and Bob Sweeney ..although he is more recent failed binky...also loved Gilles Gilbert and by no means a failed binky unless you listened to Don Cherry while he was coaching him....cringe​

Reactions: G Backup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad