Value of: Yamamoto + 2022 First

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yamamoto got overrated after a great start to his NHL career. But we may now be at the point he’s now underrated after a disappointing second season. A 1st + Yamamoto for Rakell is a deal the Ducks should jump all over if Anaheim is retaining 50%. Or just taking back Koskinen instead.

that makes sense as a deal.

koskinen (negative value/cap space) + Yamamoto + 1st for Rakell (no retention). Oil dump a bad goalie on bad contract, a late 1st and middle six winger for a top six winger/goal scorer they should attempt to resign. Anaheim probably adding something here like solid B level prospect.

OKR

Nov 18, 2015
I guess you don’t read the many proposals from Habs fans.
There are shit ton of more Habs fans on these boards, so obviously they will show up more in bad as well as good, but Oilers have two of the best forwards in hockey and still fail to make any real damage, but yet every Oilers fans still asks for a kings ransom for their role players.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
There are shit ton of more Habs fans on these boards, so obviously they will show up more in bad as well as good, but Oilers have two of the best forwards in hockey and still fail to make any real damage, but yet every Oilers fans still asks for a kings ransom for their role players.

Another salty take. 'Nuff said.

Last edited:

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Yamamoto got overrated after a great start to his NHL career. But we may now be at the point he’s now underrated after a disappointing second season. A 1st + Yamamoto for Rakell is a deal the Ducks should jump all over if Anaheim is retaining 50%. Or just taking back Koskinen instead.

that makes sense as a deal.

koskinen (negative value/cap space) + Yamamoto + 1st for Rakell (no retention). Oil dump a bad goalie on bad contract, a late 1st and middle six winger for a top six winger/goal scorer they should attempt to resign. Anaheim probably adding something here like solid B level prospect.

I personally think that is an overpay for Rakell, especially since he is a pending free agent at the end of the year. I suppose Anaheim would demand a premium from a divisional rival, however.

Not a trade I think Holland should, or would, ever make.

edit: Rakell is an upgrade on Yamamoto. To be clear.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Reclamation project? You're out to lunch.

He is a 2017 draft pick. Look who else is from that draft- Tippett, Kostin, Foote, Valamaki, Chytil, Tolvanen etc who are just not establishing themselves in the NHL and would be considered valuable pieces by their respective organizations. And they've proven less than Yamamoto
Was Lias Andersson not a reclamation project? Would Erik Brannstrom not be? 2017 is 5 years ago. Typical first rounders take 2-3 years to break into the league.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Was Lias Andersson not a reclamation project? Would Erik Brannstrom not be? 2017 is 5 years ago. Typical first rounders take 2-3 years to break into the league.
They never found NHL success, so they'd be a player that a team would acquire to see if there is an NHL player there.

Yamamoto scored 26 points in 27 games as a rookie. Then had a sophomore slump last year. Thats not someone whose NHL career is in question and could be bought for pennies on the dollar

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
They never found NHL success, so they'd be a player that a team would acquire to see if there is an NHL player there.

Yamamoto scored 26 points in 27 games as a rookie. Then had a sophomore slump last year. Thats not someone whose NHL career is in question and could be bought for pennies on the dollar

And even during his sophomore slump managed to play at a >30 point pace while being a strong PKer and defensive forward.

People should not be giving up on him after 2 bad games.

Reactions: zar

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta

I dont think people buy his success is his own. His advanced stats are meh, and all his points come from playing with Edmontons top dogs.

We have seen in the past how even someone like Kassian scored well playing with the worlds best player.

I dont think hes worthless, but to imply hes worth a lot is asking a lot from people. Id value him a bit higher than a second rounder

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
I remember it wasn’t too long ago we used to have these threads about Puljujarvi.

We should actually dredge up a couple of those and see what everyone thought of him all those 12-14 months ago.

I was just going through some old threads (I get bored at work) and I found loads of threads where Oiler fans were willing to part with Puljujarvi + Nurse to land OEL when he was on Arizona.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Basically every team has fans like this on these forums.

Consider it the opposite of being told everyone on the team is a product of McDavid, cause that's all we ever hear.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

The kid has 3 career NHL points playing away from McDavid and/or Draisaitl. I think it's very fair to question his NHL career, because he's done essentially nothing to show that he isn't just leeching points from two of the best scorers in the NHL.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
The kid has 3 career NHL points playing away from McDavid and/or Draisaitl. I think it's very fair to question his NHL career, because he's done essentially nothing to show that he isn't just leeching points from two of the best scorers in the NHL.

The Oilers have gone through dozens of forwards over the last few years who they can only wish would leech some points from the top guys. There are players that have been tried with them that do not score at all.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Yamamoto + 1st is a nice package, but practically speaking there isn't going to be a big trade until the deadline. The Oilers don't have cap space and teams like Anaheim are going to try to win some games first.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
absolutely no interest in yamamoto but i think the habs and oilers could be good partners .

gallagher ( 1 million retained)
chariot ( 50% retained )
allen ( 25 % retained )

in exchange for

bouchard
koskinen
turris ( oiler's option )

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
absolutely no interest in yamamoto but i think the habs and oilers could be good partners .

gallagher ( 1 million retained)
chariot ( 50% retained )
allen ( 25 % retained )

in exchange for

bouchard
koskinen
turris ( oiler's option )
Get outta here. Bouchard was bumped up to our top pair last game and looked good there. He's not going anywhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad