Value of: Yamamoto + 2022 First

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Reclamation? He’s literally played one season in the league…smh.:help:

He was literally called up in 2019/20 and played the rest of that season plus another and had been called up 2 other times to the NHL and didn't stick, and has zero points so far this year. His only good run was in the 2019/20 season, which according to you doesn't count as one of his seasons...The top 6 winger role on Edmonton is a dream role in terms of point production. Just about anyone can put up some kind of production there. Chiasson, Cagguila, and even Kassian had descent numbers there.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Yama may be a spare part but he is more valuable than a 2nd Rd pick or a non NHL prospect.

If ANA is looking to trade Rakell or Lindholm for a pick + prospect then Yama+1st would be very enticing.
If I'm ANA I'd prefer a 2nd round pick over Yamamoto

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He was literally called up in 2019/20 and played the rest of that season plus another and had been called up 2 other times to the NHL and didn't stick, and has zero points so far this year. His only good run was in the 2019/20 season, which according to you doesn't count as one of his seasons...The top 6 winger role on Edmonton is a dream role in terms of point production. Just about anyone can put up some kind of production there. Chiasson, Cagguila, and even Kassian had descent numbers there.
We are only 3 games into the season. You being a flames fan obviously have a bias against Oilers players and Oilers fans would be biased towards him. He is a Dube like player. .. dime a dozen player to Oilers fan but Flames fans watching him more closely would value him a bit higher.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Zero points in three games isn't the end of the world. The three examples you gave put up points next to McDavid. Yamamoto put up points next to Draisaitl in 19/20, struggled last year, but isn't playing with McDavid or Draisaitl yet this year, so those three are not really the best comparables.

I agree that reclamation is not the right word. I get what you're saying, he's a project, but a reclamation project is more than just a player that still needs some development. That's all semantics though, so whatever.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I don't think our first is on the table, Holland has a long track record of holding and drafting with his 1sts and this year is especially deep. Yamo is quickly going to be a mainstay on line 3 as there are a few prospects below him that are tracking to be considerably more valuable offensively. I doubt we get Rakell for him in a package, but he may get dangled for a similar return as Bear.

Regarding goalies, unless it's short term, I'm not sure we look for one. The longer it takes to upgrade the position, the closer that Skinner and Kono get to pushing for a spot. Holland seems fine to just let Smith get replaced by someone internally and transition into a veteran backup or ride off into the sunset.

Zenos

Oct 4, 2009
I don't think our first is on the table, Holland has a long track record of holding and drafting with his 1sts and this year is especially deep.

I realise it's essentially ancient history at this point, but it's still worth noting that Holland also pulled the trigger on a couple of absolutely huge trades involving his firsts: Chelios and Hasek.

There's a ton of hockey to go, but if the Oilers look good late in the season, I could definitely see them being buyers at the deadline.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
I realise it's essentially ancient history at this point, but it's still worth noting that Holland also pulled the trigger on a couple of absolutely huge trades involving his firsts: Chelios and Hasek.

There's a ton of hockey to go, but if the Oilers look good late in the season, I could definitely see them being buyers at the deadline.

Yeah, he's traded them before but he just seems to be a lot more gun-shy than some of his contemporaries, notably - Dubas.

Reactions: Zenos

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
Here we go again. Oiler posters trading a player at his lowest value.. and then expecting HF posters to think he's worth something.

Almost everyone on HF has a what has he done lately attitude and to be quite honest, Yamamoto does not have enough history of producing to say they are wrong this time.

He had a good stretch when he had that stretch with 29 and 93 just prior to covid and not much else since. He is a very hard worker and is not afraid to go to the dirty areas for such a small guy but he needs to start producing more to hold any significant value. He has promise but without production he is not going to be valued any more than a bottom 6 guy.

Reactions: GOilers88

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Bottom 4 LHD?

Ben Chiarot is yours for a 2nd.

His deal end this year too so at worst, it's only a year, and at his best, he's the 3rd or 4th best d-man you'd have on your team

ElPrimeTime

Dec 23, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I'd probably look to trade them separately. Possibly contact Seattle and see what the add onto Yamo is for Driedger. Could see the appeal for Seattle to bring in a local kid to play middle 6 minutes for them. Then flip the 2022 first for a replacement.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I'd probably look to trade them separately. Possibly contact Seattle and see what the add onto Yamo is for Driedger. Could see the appeal for Seattle to bring in a local kid to play middle 6 minutes for them. Then flip the 2022 first for a replacement.
In what world does it make sense for Edmonton to add for a backup goalie?

Reactions: Ragdoll

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I remember it wasn’t too long ago we used to have these threads about Puljujarvi.

We should actually dredge up a couple of those and see what everyone thought of him all those 12-14 months ago.

I'd agree. This is why you hang onto a young struggling player. It's too big of a risk to move him for peanuts and at this point most, especially the HF pundits, believe that's all he's worth. Yamamoto has an upside... he works hard, plays above his weight class with respect to aggressiveness, has a positive attitude and has shown glimpses of decent offensive skill.

We should just keep Yamamoto. If he doesn't turn it around this year, he's only getting the bare bones minimum required bump up to qualify him. If he shows something, you then have options. Today is not the day to be making offer involving him

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
I'd agree. This is why you hang onto a young struggling player. It's too big of a risk to move him for peanuts and at this point most, especially the HF pundits, believe that's all he's worth. Yamamoto has an upside... he works hard, plays above his weight class with respect to aggressiveness, has a positive attitude and has shown glimpses of decent offensive skill.

We should just keep Yamamoto. If he doesn't turn it around this year, he's only getting the bare bones minimum required bump up to qualify him. If he shows something, you then have options. Today is not the day to be making offer involving him

Why does Edmonton want to run every player out of town? He's at worst a 3rd line option and cheap.

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Honestly Yamomoto being centred by Nugent-Hopkins is just not the best fit.

I think ideally he plays a third line type role, or they go back to the well with him on the wing with Draisaitl and Nugent-Hopkins and hope that line finds it's mojo again. He is a wee little guy who plays harder than his size and is a pretty good puck hound, just needs some people to support him in that because he's not the most natural finisher out there. Think he needs some bigger bodies around him to help balance out his lack of size.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Yam isnt gonna be worth much. Reclamation projects dont get used in big packages.
Reclamation project? You're out to lunch.

He is a 2017 draft pick. Look who else is from that draft- Tippett, Kostin, Foote, Valamaki, Chytil, Tolvanen etc who are just not establishing themselves in the NHL and would be considered valuable pieces by their respective organizations. And they've proven less than Yamamoto

Reactions: Ragdoll

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If Oilers want Lindholm its Holloway + 1st.
No to Yamamato(small, barely scores on a good team and looks like he'll end up waived eventually) and no to Broberg(very low hockeyIQ, the kind of D prospect i do not want anywhere near the Ducks).

To me a 2nd would hold more value than Yamamato and i think the Ducks could draft a better prospect with a late 1st than Broberg.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
No to Yamamato(small, barely scores on a good team and looks like he'll end up waived eventually) and no to Broberg(very low hockeyIQ, the kind of D prospect i do not want anywhere near the Ducks).

To me a 2nd would hold more value than Yamamato and i think the Ducks could draft a better prospect with a late 1st than Broberg.
And if Oilers are trading Holloway+1st they would be getting back Drysdale+++ not Lindholm

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
There are small players and then there are physical weak players who happen to be small. Yamamoto is the latter

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

Wow you have issues.

Broberg is worth a lot more than a late 1st.
He certainly does not have a low hockey IQ.
You're certainly not getting Holloway+1st for lindholm.
Yamamoto is more valuable than a 2nd.

All 4 of your arguments are wrong. just terrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad