Proposal: Yakupov/Pouliot for a C

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Pretty much this. You got McDavid, Drai and RNH. Lucic/Eberle/Pulju on the wings. If anything you should be trading one of those centers away for more help. Move RNH for a young top 3 D-Man or a D-man with good potential. Or Yak for a veteran winger that can play in the top 9. That would make more sense imo. The resources are all there it's gonna come down to whether Chia can execute properly.

It also comes down to a lack of depth down the middle after those 3. Letestu is not someone you want on the 2nd or 3rd line in the event of injuries. We don't really have any great forward prospects to call up at C. Not to mention RNH is the only real veteran of the 3 Cs with Mcdavid and Drai being able to benefit from him doing much of the heavy lifting. Personally I would love to acquire Bozak and play Drai on 2RW with Bozak (or someone similar) at 3C. The Oilers have been bitten on not having any center depth for years, we should try and maintain it now that we are starting to get some.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
There a few reasons I'm in the
- trade for a C group

1) Injuries (and overall depth). Last year both Nuge and McDavid missed significant portions of the season.
2) Experience. Don't have to explain this one.
3) Faceeoff ability. Don't want Letestu on the ice at key moments again.
4) Not rushing Drai. He had an elite streak then levelled off as a 0.5 ppg player. Let him develop comfortably on the wing in a top6 role.

Not feeling it. Develop Drai in a sheltered role in his natural position C. Without Pouliot our left wing depth becomes Lucic and that's it in terms of proven top 6 options. It's a bigger hole than we currently have at C. If we trade Yak I'd rather it be for a D where we need a home run. Just doesn't make sense to me.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Not feeling it. Develop Drai in a sheltered role in his natural position C. Without Pouliot our left wing depth becomes Lucic and that's it in terms of proven top 6 options. It's a bigger hole than we currently have at C. If we trade Yak I'd rather it be for a D where we need a home run. Just doesn't make sense to me.

With the price of D you aren't going to get a home run for Yak. At LW we will also have Puljujarvi, Caggiula, Khaira, Versteeg, Beck, Maroon, Slepyshev as potential options. We aren't exactly flush with replacement wingers but its alot easier to throw a C on the wing than a wing at C. Any upgrades at D will likely come through waivers or trades after training camp. Probably won't see anything good become available until some team (hopefully not the Oilers) goes out of contention and is willing to sell a bit.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
With the price of D you aren't going to get a home run for Yak. At LW we will also have Puljujarvi, Caggiula, Khaira, Versteeg, Beck, Maroon, Slepyshev as potential options. We aren't exactly flush with replacement wingers but its alot easier to throw a C on the wing than a wing at C. Any upgrades at D will likely come through waivers or trades after training camp. Probably won't see anything good become available until some team (hopefully not the Oilers) goes out of contention and is willing to sell a bit.
So a bunch of prospects one who's never as I know ever played left wing plus Versteeg and maroon two guys who have question marks. I'd rather keep Pouliot. Yak I'd move but your not getting a 3C for Yak anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad