Proposal: Yakupov/Pouliot for a C

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

vipernsx

Flatus Expeller
Sep 4, 2005
Can't imagine any team wants to swap out a center for a winger when the center is usually good enough to move over to wing. Edmonton's going to have to add to get bottom 6 C for a bottom 6 winger.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Can't imagine any team wants to swap out a center for a winger when the center is usually good enough to move over to wing. Edmonton's going to have to add to get bottom 6 C for a bottom 6 winger.
Pouliot is easily a 2nd LW

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
If Lazar is out there for Yakupov, I would personally drive Yak to the airport, I don't hate the kid, but its just not working out here.....and Lazar would be a SOLID 3rd line center former OIL KING, and far better then any 2nd rd pick return that was rumored. I have my doubts on this anyways.

Lucic -- McDavid -- Eberle
Pouliot -- RNH -- Draisaitl
Maroon -- Lazar -- Puljujarvi
Hendricks -- Letestu -- Verteeg (Versteeg can move up and down the RW side to eaz minutes for Pulj and Drai)
Ex. Kassian/Pakarinen
Yea, because those have worked out so well for us in the past.
Ewanyk, Musil, Gernat, Moroz and the jury is still out on Reinhart/Brossoit(Good thing Keegan Lowe begged his dad not to draft him)

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
I think enough fans from both fan bases approved the Berglund for Yakupov deal.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Pouliot - RNH - Draisaitl
Maroon - Berglund - Puljujarvi

Lets Puljujarvi play along side another Swede as well.

Schwartz Lehtera Tarasenko
Fabbri Stastny Yakupov
Steen Sobotka Perron

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle

Fabbri Stastny Yakupov
Steen Sobotka Perron

Like the deal. Pulju is a Fin not a Swede, but I've read somewhere he's fluent in Swedish so could work nicely.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Like the deal. Pulju is a Fin not a Swede, but I've read somewhere he's fluent in Swedish so could work nicely.

Born in Sweden, but to Finnish parents and he moved back there when still really young. I'm pretty sure he just knows Finnish.

Though I'd be (reluctantly, still love the kid) open to a Yak for Berglund (or Filppula) type of deal.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
That seems crazy too me. You guys are going to strand Puljio with Yak on the 3rd line?

Lucic - McDavid - X
X - Leon - Eberle
X - RNH - Pulji

Spread it out a bit and give him someone with experience.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Hopkins-Puljuarvi
Maroon-Leon-Yakupov

I think it looks more like that. But Yakupov has a shot at starting the season off as our #13 forward.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Ideally don't want to trade either player, but our lineup is starting to roundout and many fans (including myself) prefer to play Draisaitl top6 minutes.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Yak/Pou - #3C - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - LW
Yak - RW but can play LW, needs to ply with top6 players to be successful.
Why not just trade RNH and a 3rd/4th/5thishh for a #4D and a 3C. Drai gets his top 6 minutes at the pos he should be and can develop right.meanwhile you trade your 3C which could be a 2C on 50% of the teams in the league who is getting slightly overpaid but has term and get out from under that before you have mcdavid and others contracts coming. If you trade yak or pouliot you aren't getting much back. One is a bust who is worth more to your own team then he will be to another and every team has a player like pouliot that can play 3rd line its not a high quality chip as to where even quality 3rd line C have more value.

Letestu is a great 4C we loved him in CBJs line up and most were pissed he wasn't kept. You have 2 extremely valuable Cs and another that has good value. Trading RNH gets you a 27-33 proven 2nd pair defender and a proven 3C. I honestly feel for the team as a whole that is the best option to improve it long term.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle

Fabbri Stastny Yakupov
Steen Sobotka Perron

Berglund for Yakupov has been discussed a couple times, both sides seem to be warm to it.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Why would the blues put yak on the.2nd line? All 3 of the guys on the 3rd are.better and more productive.

Side question when did Sobotka come back from Russia I missed him he was a beast!!

Spektre

Apr 10, 2010
Krynn
Why would the blues put yak on the.2nd line? All 3 of the guys on the 3rd are.better and more productive.

Side question when did Sobotka come back from Russia I missed him he was a beast!!

I think Yakupov would benefit more from Stastny & Fabbri than Perron. Perron wasn't putting up #'s playing along side Crosby.

Sobotka by all accounts is returning the Blues this year.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
I think Yakupov would benefit more from Stastny & Fabbri than Perron. Perron wasn't putting up #'s playing along side Crosby.

Sobotka by all accounts is returning the Blues this year.

Perron seems to be really hot and cold. With the Oilers, Pens and Ducks he looked great at the start, but by the second season he seemed to fall off a cliff (Though he wasn't with Anaheim that long.). When hes on his game he is as skilled/dangerous as Eberle but with more grit. I believe if you acquired Yak you would be right in putting him with Statsny or Fabbri (would probably lean towards the veteran) give him the benefit of a skilled center and a chance to show what hes capable of. If you can ever get Yakupov to play at the level he is capable of he would be the better player of the two. Perron doesn't look bad on a 3rd line until Yak shows whether or not he fits.

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
I'd do Flip for Yak. Wouldn't retain. I'd add a pick though, since we'd likely need to do anyway to get him off the books. Wouldn't do much more than a 3rd though.

bigwillie

Jul 14, 2006
Portland, OR
Tommy Wingels+ for Yak? Battled injury last year and never really had the chance to establish himself in Deboer's system, but the two years before that he approached 40 points while providing a great physical presence. Mostly played wing in SJ but is a natural centerman. Decent wheels, good on the PK, no real holes in his game.

Most Shark fans won't agree with me that Yak would be a good target but I think he'd do well here.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
Tommy Wingels+ for Yak? Battled injury last year and never really had the chance to establish himself in Deboer's system, but the two years before that he approached 40 points while providing a great physical presence. Mostly played wing in SJ but is a natural centerman. Decent wheels, good on the PK, no real holes in his game.

Most Shark fans won't agree with me that Yak would be a good target but I think he'd do well here.

I imagine Chiarelli woud be all over that. Don't know that I would pull the trigger myself as I think Wingels would be better on the 4th line defeating the purpose. Seeing Yak succeed in the division would also be a bitter pill to swallow.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Ideally don't want to trade either player, but our lineup is starting to roundout and many fans (including myself) prefer to play Draisaitl top6 minutes.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Yak/Pou - #3C - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - LW
Yak - RW but can play LW, needs to ply with top6 players to be successful.

What about Holland from the Leafs. Seems like he is on the way out and would fit a 3C role pretty well.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
What about Holland from the Leafs. Seems like he is on the way out and would fit a 3C role pretty well.
I'd rather play Letestu at 3C over Holland. Letestu puts up the same points but can kill penalties, and very good on the dot.
McDavid, RNH, Draisaitl, Letestu, and Lander on the roster right now

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I'd do Flip for Yak. Wouldn't retain. I'd add a pick though, since we'd likely need to do anyway to get him off the books. Wouldn't do much more than a 3rd though.

Works for me
Filpulla + 3rd for Yakupov

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - Nuge - Drai
Pou - Filpulla - Puljujarvi/Versteeg

Last edited:

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
I don't agree with the premise of this trade. I don't have any desire to move either player for a C.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I don't agree with the premise of this trade. I don't have any desire to move either player for a C.

Pretty much this. You got McDavid, Drai and RNH. Lucic/Eberle/Pulju on the wings. If anything you should be trading one of those centers away for more help. Move RNH for a young top 3 D-Man or a D-man with good potential. Or Yak for a veteran winger that can play in the top 9. That would make more sense imo. The resources are all there it's gonna come down to whether Chia can execute properly.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton

There a few reasons I'm in the
- trade for a C group

1) Injuries (and overall depth). Last year both Nuge and McDavid missed significant portions of the season.
2) Experience. Don't have to explain this one.
3) Faceeoff ability. Don't want Letestu on the ice at key moments again.
4) Not rushing Drai. He had an elite streak then levelled off as a 0.5 ppg player. Let him develop comfortably on the wing in a top6 role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad