Proposal: Yakupov/Pouliot for a C

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
As mentioned earlier, Bozak would make sense from a Leafs perspective. Maybe a small add from each side to balance out salary. I love Bozak, but I'd prefer to run with Nylander,Kadri,and Matthews down the middle. He's the perfect number three for a team like the Oilers that cant shake the injury bug. If one of the big two get injured he's a decent top 6'er as well.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
How'd you know? And sorry about not a lot of posts, new account, my email got hacked so I can't get my old one back, he's a vet though, can keep the kids intact and be a great role model for them, but we can make a bigger trade?

What he means is that a 3rd for Stajan is not selling a little low :laugh:

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
F-Lucic, Nuge, Eberle, Draisaitl, Pouliot, Maroon, Filppula
D-Sekera, Klefbom, Larsson
G-Talbot

Would lose Davidson/Reinhart/Fayne/Letestu. I'm personally in favor of keeping Yak because I believe he'll rebound, but the Yak for Filppula swap is one of the ones I like the most.

Unfortunately the NMC also means Filppula gets final say, and I can't imagine he'd want to leave a legit cup threat that resides in sunny TBay for frigid E-Town where the team isn't a legit threat until after Filppula's deal expires.

He'd be the perfect mentor for Puljujarvi, but it's not happening.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I'd be game for Bozak. Probably need retention or an addition to go along with him but he would be a great #3C and he's a RHS too.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I think the Oilers would bite on Lazar for Yakupov but I think they will try Yakupov with McDavid one more time.

The Cheez

Aug 14, 2015
I think the Oilers should just wait and see if we can get a C on a pto, and hopefully they can do a decent enough job on the third line.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
What would TB fans say on a Filpulla for Yak swap? Either would have to retain or add a pick looking at his contract.
2 years left at 5 million, contract up when McDavids begins so not too bad.

This is pretty much the only circumstance in which I'd have anything to do with Yakupov. What sort of pick were you thinking of adding?

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
No thanks. We'd rather hold onto our best forward prospect not named Puljujarvi. We'll need his cheap ELC in a few years if his development goes as planned.

That isn't a bad offer for Bozak. But, a deal involving Yakupov would probably be more attractive for the Leafs anyway. They have many prospects of Benson's ilk, a couple 2nd's each of the next 2 drafts. The pool is pretty strong. You can always add more, but an NHL forward to replace Bozak in the lineup with the youth and potential Yakupov has would be a smart transition for the Leafs even though he's far from a sure bet long-term. Yak better fits the Leafs timeline and moving Bozak opens up room in the middle for Nylander/Marner at center, which opens up plenty of space for Yakupov on the wing.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
That isn't a bad offer for Bozak. But, a deal involving Yakupov would probably be more attractive for the Leafs anyway. They have many prospects of Benson's ilk, a couple 2nd's each of the next 2 drafts. The pool is pretty strong. You can always add more, but an NHL forward to replace Bozak in the lineup with the youth and potential Yakupov has would be a smart transition for the Leafs even though he's far from a sure bet long-term. Yak better fits the Leafs timeline and moving Bozak opens up room in the middle for Nylander/Marner at center, which opens up plenty of space for Yakupov on the wing.

Yakupov would probably actually get a chance to play with some skilled forwards in TOR. He's been buried on the bottom lines with offensive duds as his centre in EDM since his rookie year. He's shown he can produce when given an opportunity with a skilled centre (i.e. Roy, McDavid).

Now that we're finally talking players, here's deals that seem fair I think:

Yak for Berglund
Yak for Bozak (20% retention).

With TOR in their rebuild still, I would toss a 4th for the retention on Bozak.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
Yakupov would probably actually get a chance to play with some skilled forwards in TOR. He's been buried on the bottom lines with offensive duds as his centre in EDM since his rookie year. He's shown he can produce when given an opportunity with a skilled centre (i.e. Roy, McDavid).

Now that we're finally talking players, here's deals that seem fair I think:

Yak for Berglund
Yak for Bozak (20% retention).

With TOR in their rebuild still, I would toss a 4th for the retention on Bozak.

I think it would be a great fit. He would come in with no pressure, considering all the Leafs recent top-10's seem to be coming in this year and Babcock will be drawing the attention. He'd get to work with arguably the best coach in the world. With highly skilled linemates, PP & top-6 time which includes a shot at being Matthews wingman for the next 10 years. If he couldn't carve out a career here, I think he'd probably be headed for the KHL.

I think your valuation is in the right ball park.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I think it would be a great fit. He would come in with no pressure, considering all the Leafs recent top-10's seem to be coming in this year and Babcock will be drawing the attention. He'd get to work with arguably the best coach in the world. With highly skilled linemates, PP & top-6 time which includes a shot at being Matthews wingman for the next 10 years. If he couldn't carve out a career here, I think he'd probably be headed for the KHL.

I think your valuation is in the right ball park.

Plus Uncle Leo as a mentor and a few fellow Russian players around him, it could be a nice fit.

One thing about Yakupov, despite his recent struggles, you never question his love of the game and passion for hockey. He's a kid that's easy to root for and good in the community. I really want to see him succeed, hopefully with us, but if he's not going to get a chance with a skilled centre, time to move on. Babcock would be perfect for him and I think could bring out the best in him, he needs people who believe in him.

I think Yak for Bozak as a base fits needs for both of us as well. We could use a right handed #3 centre, you guys are in full rebuild mode and need to open up space for your young centres. We want more players with experience. To offset a 20% retention, I would throw in a mid round pick.

Fair for both sides, I think?

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Ideally don't want to trade either player, but our lineup is starting to roundout and many fans (including myself) prefer to play Draisaitl top6 minutes.

Lucic - McDavid - Eberle
Maroon - RNH - Draisaitl
Yak/Pou - #3C - Puljujarvi

Pouliot - LW
Yak - RW but can play LW, needs to ply with top6 players to be successful.

In this example, why wouldn't EDM slide RNH or Draisaitl down to #3C and move one of Yak/Pouliot/Puljujarvi up?

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Can we stop with the Yakupov trades and moving one of our C's . Our C will play their natural position . Here is a few quotes from Chia .

Chiarelli says the jury’s still out on Yakupov.

“Certainly last year was well-chronicled to moving him … I don’t want to revisit that stuff,” said Chiarelli. “He’s a world-class talent who hasn’t been playing that way. He tells me through his agent that he wants to stay in Edmonton and play, so let’s see.”

If the Oilers choose to keep Draisaitl in the middle for a three-pronged centre attack with McDavid and Nugent-Hopkins rather than shove him over to the right-wing, it’s a grab-bag situation after that. Eberle is the first-line RW; then it’s a lot of question marks.

Chiarelli likes Draisaitl in the middle.

“That’s his natural position

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Don't think many leafs fans will trade Bozak for yakupov.

I fully expect Bozak to go to a contender at the deadline for a 1st round pick or a 2nd + prospect.

Both of those are more valuable than yak, and that allows the leafs to keep Bozak for the season to insulate the youth.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
Don't think many leafs fans will trade Bozak for yakupov.

I fully expect Bozak to go to a contender at the deadline for a 1st round pick or a 2nd + prospect.

Both of those are more valuable than yak, and that allows the leafs to keep Bozak for the season to insulate the youth.

Wouldn't expect to get a 1st back for Bozak at the deadline! Sure he's a valuable player but 1st round picks are harder and harder to get at the deadline! Only one got traded past deadline and it was for Andrew Ladd... but I can see 2nd+B prospect, sure!

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Wouldn't expect to get a 1st back for Bozak at the deadline! Sure he's a valuable player but 1st round picks are harder and harder to get at the deadline! Only one got traded past deadline and it was for Andrew Ladd... but I can see 2nd+B prospect, sure!

We'll see :) a 1st is my dream scenario. I just know that prices at the deadline are insane for centers. All depends on the market too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad