Confirmed Trade: [WSH/LAK] Pierre-Luc Dubois for Darcy Kuemper (no salary retained)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
The managers also get paid to do a job too. Some players need to be put in the best spot to produce. Paying Dubois $8.5M and moving him to 3C is not the right management. Fans are thinking... but yeah, he deserved it! Well is that how you manage a guy you just signed 8x $8.5M? Think about it more
There are 23 players on a team, an organization bending over backwards to give a SINGLE player everything he wants no matter what so that he can be happy is a great way to piss off everybody else on the team. They tried him everywhere and he sucked everywhere, this isn't a rebuilding team that can afford to focus on the development of a few players, he was supposed to be their missing piece.

I have thought about it - and I think he is a big boy who should get up and do the work. For the record, I'd bet he'll have a better year in Washington and maybe never another year as bad as the one he just had, still a major win for LA to get out from that deal

Reactions: shuchukfan

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade a cap dump for Kuemper instead of a 1st rd pick for Markstrom.

Don't get me wrong Markstrom should be the better goalie, but I don't think they're that far apart

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I think we can move past all the wishful thinking. This is obviously going to blow up in WSH's face... if they are looking to be competitive. Otherwise, they got their tank commander for the dark years ahead.

Reactions: Dog

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
Kings are going to look very bad if Dubois plays #1C (20 min/game) and puts up 80 pts with Ovi.

On the other hand, Caps might look bad if Dubois continues his up/down play and doesn't show up game/game.

Which one would you bet on? I can see more of a rollercoaster ride

If PLD's booboo lip quivered at Tortarella chewing him out, just wait till Ovechkin gets tired of him...

• Haha
Reactions: TS Quint

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Call me crazy, but I'd rather trade a cap dump for Kuemper instead of a 1st rd pick for Markstrom.

Don't get me wrong Markstrom should be the better goalie, but I don't think they're that far apart
Kuemper is done. Idk about Markstrom.

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Really don’t think this is bad for the Caps.

They were ostensibly paying 5 million for a guy that wasn’t even playing the majority of games, for a trade off of 3 million and some years you get an every day player. By the time the contracts no longer overlap the salary cap will have risen to a place where this isn’t horrendous.

Also the Caps are in a place now where they need to either suck hard or be great, middle ground doesn’t cut it. Taking big risks makes sense.

I like this more than acquiring Guentzel because that’s a move that makes them just slightly better, this is either boom or bust and they need to live in one of those two areas
I think from everything we've seen Guentzel at his best is better than PLD at his best... and at their worst, well...

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Washington should have used that fancy new salary site they bought last week and checked PLDs contract numbers first.

Weird deal.

Reactions: Block

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Markstrom was 9th in goals saved above expected last season with +13,7. Kuemper was 75th with -4,8. They are very far apart.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I think from everything we've seen Guentzel at his best is better than PLD at his best... and at their worst, well...
Guentzel is 29, PLD is 25, that’s literally the point.

Guentzel’s best has likely passed him at this point, if you can get PLD to in arms reach of that in 4 years you’ve got a good deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think we can move past all the wishful thinking. This is obviously going to blow up in WSH's face... if they are looking to be competitive. Otherwise, they got their tank commander for the dark years ahead.

Dubois was a point/game player with Connor on the Jets. Why can't he be that again with Ovi?

I don't think there is any "obvious" narrative we can predict on this. What I do know today is the internet hate bandwagon towards Dubois was shocked today. Imagine

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Oldie but a goodie. Always somehow relevant.

Messenger_creation_7148169248610423.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad