Proposal: Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

• Total voters

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
32 teams can get Matthews for nothing except $$$, 31 teams can get Stutzle for assets and $$$, so Matthews is actually "cheaper" to acquire.
Toronto is giving him away for no assets, just going to let him walk.
they aren’t going to move him if he won’t re-sign.
Better share what you’re having.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Is this question from a Toronto fans perspective or Ottawa fan? That makes a difference in how one answers and will skew the results. A TO fan answering yes is not the same as an Ottawa fan saying it
I could see one thinking that for sure, and maybe some did.

But if you look at first Post it’s based on Mark Methots tweet, who admits he like to poke fun at the leafs. Some serious. Some not.
So it’s from an Ottawa POV, or if you had Stutzle on your team.

Reactions: Crow

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
The problem for Ottawa trading Stutzle for Matthews is that they wouldn’t be able to sign him. Leafs wouldn’t do this trade either because they most likely will be able to sign him so they are better off keeping the better player.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba

But if you look at first Post it’s based on Mark Methots tweet, who admits he like to poke fun at the leafs. Some serious. Some not.
Ahh yes, makes sense. Thank you. For the record I would hold on to Stutzle in this scenario if I were Ottawa. The contract situation being the biggest factor for sure.

Crow

May 19, 2014

Yeah seems pretty obvious to me even way outside of Canada.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
This thread is kinda weird as it’s open to everyone. From Leafs end it’s something to consider if it was offered. Leaning towards yes due to contract difference and current contract status. Also factoring in Matthew’s may require a full 5 mil more to sign

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
I love HF so much. Ultimate foot in mouth message board. I still remember when everyone thought Ovechkin was cooked at the same age.
Matthews isn’t cooked but fyi at Matthews’ age, Ovechkin had already had his best goal scoring season.

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
Would I rather have a two-time Rocket Richard winner, the raining Hart Trophy winner, or Stuzle?
GP G A P +/-
53 12 17 29 -18
79 22 36 58 -27
59 31 35 66 0

Meh production on a non-playoff team, what am I missing here?One solid season, -45 player. Stuzle's best season is comparable to Matthew's worst.

HFBoard: Give me the guy that's 26th in scoring currently (Stuzle's only NHL major award)

JimmyApples

Sep 24, 2021
Would I rather have a two-time Rocket Richard winner, the raining Hart Trophy winner, or Stuzle?
GP G A P +/-
53 12 17 29 -18
79 22 36 58 -27
59 31 35 66 0

Meh production on a non-playoff team, what am I missing here?One solid season, -45 player. Stuzle's best season is comparable to Matthew's worst.

HFBoard: Give me the guy that's 26th in scoring currently (Stuzle's only NHL major award)
Can’t really fault HF for wanting the player with more goals and points this season

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Its close. I think Contact is what would win Stutzle over for me here. He’s still improving and signed to such a solid deal.

Matthews is incredible. But he will cost significantly more.

Stutzle + another player you can get with the cap saved > Matthews imo.

• Haha
Reactions: Leaf Fans

Zubrus Coffee Maker

Blinded by my Zubrus
Nov 14, 2008
Cobourg, ON
This one’s not that tough, Matthews is the better player but Stutzle with that contract is a top 5-10 asset in the league. Matthews with his fat contract coming up can’t compare, if he gets paid Mackinnon money, the question becomes Stutzle + 5 million in cap space

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad