Proposal: Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

Would you trade Stutzle for Matthews?

• Total voters

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
No.

Only because Matthews has 1 year left compared to Stutzle at 7 (?)

If Matthews gets his deal, then it might changed based on how much he costs, but I imagine it will be the top contract in the league when it's signed
Yeah, I think it’s very likely the Leafs re-sign him, but you have to think he’ll point to last season and demand at least MacKinnon’s $s.

Reactions: LokiDog

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Yeah, I think it’s very likely the Leafs re-sign him, but you have to think he’ll point to last season and demand at least MacKinnon’s $s.
Yeah at least, but I'm thinking towards 14.

As of today, I'd say Matthews is the better player. However, is he 6-7 mill per better ? Not in my opinion..

For anyone else like me, I thought Stutzle was on his signed contract already, but he's not, so he's got 8 years left with the sens..

Funny that he can't spell his first or last name correctly.
That was like 70% of leaf Nation for the 1st 4 years he was there...

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
7 years of Stutzl at 8.35

VS

7 years of Matthews at 13 Million? 14 million? 15 million?

I go Stutzl and Matthews it he better player today.

Reactions: Vinny and Bfan14

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
He's quite obviously trolling leafs fans on Twitter. He occasionally does that. He intentionally made those mistakes.
I understand that he's trying to troll and get attention, but I didn't read his tweet and think 'oh he intentionally got his name wrong, just for the lulz'. Just seems like he doesn't know how to spell.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
If I could guarantee Matthews re-signs then absolutely. When healthy, he's at least a 50 goal scorer and ppg+ player. Do people really think Stutzle is better or is this more of a contract thing?

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
If I could guarantee Matthews re-signs then absolutely. When healthy, he's at least a 50 goal scorer and ppg+ player. Do people really think Stutzle is better or is this more of a contract thing?
Stutzle is pacing for 43 goals and 91 points this year and is 21. I'd say Matthews is still better, but at 21, Stutzle has more room to improve and the contract uncertainty around Matthews is a deal breaker IMO.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
Stutzle is pacing for 43 goals and 91 points this year and is 21. I'd say Matthews is still better, but at 21, Stutzle has more room to improve and the contract uncertainty around Matthews is a deal breaker IMO.
Is his Ceiling as high as Matthews' though? Maybe I'm wrong but I consider Matthews's season this year to be more of an anomaly than the norm. His past 3 seasons were pretty consistent as far as his pace is concerned. I expect him to rebound next year

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Is his Ceiling as high as Matthews' though? Maybe I'm wrong but I consider Matthews's season this year to be more of an anomaly than the norm. His past 3 seasons were pretty consistent as far as his pace is concerned. I expect him to rebound next year
Fair question. Who knows. A 91 point pace at 21 years old is nothing to sneeze at, and the way Ottawa is going, he should have talent to play with. For comparison, when Matthews was 21 he had 73 points in 68 games, an 88 point pace.

8 years of control on a reasonable contract is a nice perk too.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
No due to contracts. If that wasn’t an issue or if Matthews wasn’t going to end up being the highest paid in the league, you take that trade all day and run.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
What does Austin Matthews have to do in the next year of his contract for us to win a Stanley Cup? Go a goal a game through the regular season and playoffs?

I love the player but he’s not going to do that, and I’m not convinced we’re a lock for the cup even if he does.

We got a great group of Americans here but I think it’s as close to a lock as possible that he would be leaving the following year.

Reactions: Bileur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad