Worst Logo Tournament - Anaheim Ducks vs. Los Angeles Kings

Which logo is worse?

• Total voters

Weztex

Feb 6, 2006
Seriously.

Two of the best and now two of the worst
I agree with the Ducks logo. But except for nostalgia's sake, I don't think that Kings logo is particularly good. Incorporating the team or city name inside a logo is always a challenge. They went with both.

You get a coat of arms that's expanded to fit a name in italic with speed lines (that even overlap the outline), giving the whole logo a kind of imbalanced feel. You insert the city name in a font that might as well be Calibri. The whole things just have that disjointed look that screams ''Hey guys, we just got a new computer. It can handle layers''. And on top of that, you cannot unsee the Chevrolet logo.

The crown is pretty cool tho'.

Reactions: tarheelhockey

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
To be clear, the current logo is a combination of all their prior logos.

Los-Angeles-Kings-Logo-history.jpg

Shield from 1967, crown placement from 1975/87, colors from 1988, “LA” and font from 1998, crown design from 2002.

The shield design that pisses everyone off so much has been part of their logo for 43 of their 56 year history.

I love the original, they should go back to purple and gold. That’s royalty, black grey and white is bland. And I don’t think it’s the shield itself people object to, but the way it’s implemented on this current logo. It’s just bizarre- the LA is huge, there’s the odd divide, then a lil crown. Blah, bad design.

I’m goin LA.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Semi-finals! yeah, baby!

Still can't believe the Ducks went from the best logo to the worst...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad