Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I don’t see how Dubas gets back into the 1st unless he’s packaging a second rounder with Jarry or something. I feel like besides the generational talent being available in the first round they’ve mostly sucked at drafting there… they seem to do better in the second and third rounds.

He doesn't, but what else is he supposed to say after he fumbled the bag last year so badly?

I guess he could blame Hextall like everyone else in Pittsburgh seems to do for him.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
From what the scouts say, there's not a ton of difference between the three player taken at those slots.

People need to curb expectations for this draft a bit.

I have zero expectations. NHL drafts are borderline pointless when you pick in the lower half of the first round at best, your entire scouting and player development infrastructure is a running joke and you have a head coach that would rather take a bubble bath with his grandma than play youth.

GilbertSeinfeld

Mar 4, 2024
"We should take best player available." -Dubas

"Shut up, we're taking a grinder." -Sullivan

"The Pittsburgh Penguins are proud to select *random grinder*."

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Also we need some posters with discerning palates to conduct a blind taste test for florsheim’s orthopedic grandpa shoes. Can your tongue tell the difference between NHL wife midnight blue and Patrick Kane blackout black?

If we were picking top 15, we could probably get a good player in this draft.
But we won’t explore that possiblity so please and thanks!

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
Also we need some posters with discerning palates to conduct a blind taste test for florsheim’s orthopedic grandpa shoes. Can your tongue tell the difference between NHL wife midnight blue and Patrick Kane blackout black?

But we won’t explore that possiblity so please and thanks!

Oh, I just meant that's where we would be picking lol.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
You know your team is a joke when guys would rather freeze in Chicago winters than live in sunny California just to avoid playing for you.
Yeah but "Sunny California" is San Jose, California. Unless you're a rich tech guy in the Palo Alto area, that entire Bay Area is a disgusting cesspool.

If you're talking San Diego or Malibu, it might be different.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
At first I was like:

"Well I wouldn't want to live in SJ either..." but then...Chicago.

"Well, I wouldn't want to play on that shit team either..." but then...Chicago.

Sharks are getting Celebrini so it's not like there wouldn't be someone to play with to help your value.

Here’s the real story

IMG_9974.png

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad