Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

I don't think $4 million a year for Domi is "bad" but I don't know why you'd ever give him a 4 year term.

With that being said, Domi for 4 years at $4 million is a deal I'd hate a lot less than a bunch of other UFA moves this team could make. I'd like that Domi deal to be the Penguins 3C a hell of a lot more than paying Wennberg $3+ million over 4 years.

Not a fan of Domi at all.

I would take Wennberg over him every day.

If you want that Domi skill set you can probably get Roslovic cheaper.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Suter looking to break the record and make it three teams that had to buy him out.
I can't imagine any team offering any money or term that makes that an issue.

I would laugh the agent off the phone if he asked for a NTC or NMC. 900k, 1yr. Max. You suck, you're going to the AHL or on waivers.

It would be my standard practice that any one under contract for ages 35+, there would be no NMC or NTC. And it would be a breaking point in negotiations if necessary.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Domi would be a good add if you could do a 2yr deal. Like a $3-4mil x 2yrs. He was...better...last year but his play still leaves a lot to be desired if you are committing big money long term.

Reactions: Maninthebox87

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Suter looking to break the record and make it three teams that had to buy him out.
1719518412156.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
So Dubas is looking to get a first round pick in the draft and he said he also wants to get more prospects and honor the core’s NMCs…and then we hear he also wants to re-sign Petts….totally contradictory…if you want a first and more prospects, the only player they have who could do that is Petts…he better be gone by tomorrow lol…

Our D stats are middle of the road so why would he trade Petts.

We (they) still want to push for the playoffs.

Reactions: Andy99

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
So Dubas is looking to get a first round pick in the draft and he said he also wants to get more prospects and honor the core’s NMCs…and then we hear he also wants to re-sign Petts….totally contradictory…if you want a first and more prospects, the only player they have who could do that is Petts…he better be gone by tomorrow lol…

I hope we dont burn a bunch of picks to try to get into the first round. Seems like quantity is alot better to have in this draft.

Reactions: Andy99

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Status quo. Couldn’t find a deal we liked. We are comfortable with our tandem in Tristan and Ned. We will hope things come loose this summer.

Frank hasn’t been accurate about anything for months.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Yakov Trenin and a 7th/8th defenseman is what I would want during free agency. Maybe take a chance on a Kubalik or Vrana at close to league-minimum. There’s no real incentive to spend money on an aging core.
I want the coaching staff to eat a JFK style magic puck during preseason.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Our D stats are middle of the road so why would he trade Petts.

We (they) still want to push for the playoffs.
Do we want a first round pick and younger prospects more? That’s what they have to decide….think they can make the playoffs without Petts but they’ll need to sign a FA LD like walker

Speaking of insight, I know everyone here has been waiting for the latest TIOPS update lol…

Jarry’s reps at Newport Sports that know what’s going on around the league are said to have gone into mode where they feel a trade has accelerated to 50/50. At least two possible suitors are kicking the idea around.
- Reilly Smith was nearly dealt to LA at the deadline and those talks could be revisited. Not sure what the return would be.
- Don't expect the Penguins to sign many (if at all) over 30 UFAs

In other words, Jarry won’t be traded, Smith won’t go to LA and we’ll be signing a lot of old UFAs lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Darren McCord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad