GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
Honestly I like this draft a lot better than last years draft, especially after the 2nd round.

For this year:

2) Demidov
18) Hage
34) Badinka
50)Artamonov/Stiga
67) Mustard
72) Tarin Smith

This is likely how I would have drafted it.
Drafted a lot of big boys and a lot of speed. Future defense looks absolutely stacked now with Lev. Hate the Boisvert pick but it’s hard not to like in general with a draft that was considered weak.

Too many midgets on your list.

Reactions: pvr

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I don’t understand how there are so many fans here defending our 1st round and bashing those who are upset with the selections.

We passed on Demidov(in itself bad enough, you ALWAYS take the best available talent regardless of position of need when it’s this high of a pick) and then were gifted a chance at some redemption with Eiserman at #18(cant believe he was still available there…) only to then pass on him too….for someone underwhelming none the less. Did we even need to trade up to 18 to get this guy??

Look I’m all for trying to be positive and patient with the rebuild process and who knows what’s going to happen in the years to come….but there’s no way you can POSSIBLY sit there right now and tell me the Hawks/KD had a good 1st round. And what amplifies this is how important this draft was/is to our organization at this particular point in time.

We can’t be passing up on talents like Demidov at #2 and Eiserman(at #18?!?!?!?) and then think we’re doing our very best to build a contender around Bedard. Just one miss of that caliber is bad enough for a single first round. To have multiple misses(in terms of passing on best available talent) like that in one 1st round is abysmal IMO. We need to be MUCH better in the upcoming rounds and the next 2-3 drafts after this one. Hopefully the overall strength in #s and the sheer volume of 1sts and 2nds accumulated by the 26/27 season will be enough to make up for this years 1st round setback.
It's possible that KD and staff honestly felt that Lev & Boisvert was the BPA at those positions. There are many who disagree on this board, but that doesn't make the Hawks wrong yet.

Why did Eisermann fall to 20? It wasn't the Hawks passing on a slam dunk. Guys that fall like that in the draft from their rankings as 16-17 yo usually do so for a reason (Shremp and Esposito as 2 examples) and it usually doesn't end well.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
lol as predicted Peter’s list is out. One defensemen in top 10. If we didn’t get one this year everyone would be saying… oh shucks we have all these forwards with such skill but our defense needs some help and the pickins are slim.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
lol as predicted Peter’s list is out. One defensemen in top 10. If we didn’t get one this year everyone would be saying… oh shucks we have all these forwards with such skill but our defense needs some help and the pickins are slim.
Too early to tell where everything ends up. Also, I’d argue that our defense prospect pool is pretty good, and it’s unlikely that all play for the Hawks long term. More likely that one or two are acquired via trade or free agency to round things out.

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
The only forward under 6 foot listed in that top 10 is Hagens, which works in the Hawks’ favor. If they get him, that’s great but if not, they’ll be able to get someone with a bit of size

ndgt10

Jul 3, 2009
Poland
Why don’t you look at the odds bud?
1000018411.jpg

Reactions: Kurtosis

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
The only way you are allowed to form an opinion is if you talk about your beer league hockey team to no end as if anyone cares.

• Haha
Reactions: ndgt10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad