GDT: 2024 NHL Draft Talk - Picked 2nd, 18th, 27th, 67th, 72nd, 92nd, 138th, & 163rd Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
We are well beyond the point of me knowing who these guys are. I'm usually done by the beginning of the 3rd round.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
There's an old Hat Films video of them opening a bunch of Pokémon card packs, and they very clearly have never heard of most of them, but when they see one that they recognize they jump up and down and shout "we know that one!" while airhorns are blaring.

That's rounds 4 and later in a nutshell on these boards

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bolts drafted a Saarelainen.

What about my dream of us drafting a ridiculously long surname? There's gotta be some Fitzpatrick-O'Shaughnessy in some tier three junior league out there, damn it. I'll buy a shirsey with that name on the back.

And Toronto got a Plesovskikh. Save some letters for everyone else. Utah got stuck with a mere Cech.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
The NHL draft is such a crap shoot, you might get a few sure things and the rest are a real guessing game. These kids are still in juniors, college, etc and most don’t have the physical maturity to compete in the NHL for many years. To anticipate how a kid is going to develop in 3-4 years is so difficult, although it seems posters in here have the ability to figure this out. My guess is someone who most thought the Hawks should have drafted 4 or 5 years ago as a cant miss prospect and they passed on is either struggling in the ECHL now or is out of hockey entirely.

Reactions: Pez68

Kurtosis

GHG
May 26, 2010
The Village Within the City
The NHL draft is such a crap shoot, you might get a few sure things and the rest are a real guessing game. These kids are still in juniors, college, etc and most don’t have the physical maturity to compete in the NHL for many years. To anticipate how a kid is going to develop in 3-4 years is so difficult, although it seems posters in here have the ability to figure this out. My guess is someone who most thought the Hawks should have drafted 4 or 5 years ago as a cant miss prospect and they passed on is either struggling in the ECHL now or is out of hockey entirely.
Amen.

Reactions: Pez68

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would trade our 2025 7th round pick for one of the last picks of the draft to take a flyer on Alexander Zetterberg.

He's a smurf, but he's a high octane player that'll have time to develop at BU.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad