Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
I don't know what player we're talking about if you think Duclair isn't "a finesse or sniper guy".

I don't view anything at 3 years or under as a "term" that's a problem, especially considering Duclair is only 28.

It's the 4-6 year deals that are a problem.

Pretty sure the same Duclair that I already said looks allergic to his skates. The amount that guy falls or chops he's bound to be one of the first injured Penguins.

Most of what I've seen of him is dumping a dirty goal within 6 ft of the net.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Duclair is a decent scorer but Sullivan will play him in the bottom six lol…guarantee unless Rakell continues to suck…I don’t want another middle six tweener…rather have a dominant shooter like Stamkos if we’re signing someone from Tampa

That's the other issue. Duclair is pretty much identical to everyone else we have in our top six.

Pretty sure the same Duclair that I already said looks allergic to his skates. The amount that guy falls or chops he's bound to be one of the first injured Penguins.

You must have him mixed up. Duclair is a good skater and a perimeter guy.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Then why do you care about the Mikheyev contract having two years lol.

The problem with Mikheyev wasn't his 2 years of term. The problem was I didn't want to waste cap space on him without sending someone else out.

Yeah this is not Duclair at all.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't know what player we're talking about if you think Duclair isn't "a finesse or sniper guy".

I don't view anything at 3 years or under as a "term" that's a problem, especially considering Duclair is only 28.

It's the 4-6 year deals that are a problem.

He had a comfortably better shooting % than any penguin last year at 18.6%

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Ylonen is a nice option for us. He has speed, is still young enough to become a solid bottom-six winger, can play either wing. Unlike most young players, Sullivan might actually like him for a change.

There should be more guys like this available. The non-QO players is where Dubas will likely be shopping this summer...aside from that elusive top-six winger.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
That's the other issue. Duclair is pretty much identical to everyone else we have in our top six.

You must have him mixed up. Duclair is a good skater and a perimeter guy.

In Tampa? I didn't watch every game. But I did not see anything remotely close to what he was pegged at even 4 years ago.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Saying Duclair isn't a speedster or isn't a "finesse" guy just makes me wonder if we're talking about the same player:

Calling him "Grabner with sick hands" is probably a pretty accurate comparison.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Canucks fans / management are pretending that the team they had last year was good instead of realizing that all of their players had unsustainable years.

They going to miss the playoffs next year and it's going to be hilarious.

Yeah Canucks fans are saying "this is an amazing deal!" to every signing, even this one.

Myers is 34 years old and has been terrible for most of his recent years. Sure, a $3 million AAV is fine, but 3 years at his age?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Saying Duclair isn't a speedster or isn't a "finesse" guy just makes me wonder if we're talking about the same player:

Calling him "Grabner with sick hands" is probably a pretty accurate comparison.

Dude not even one of your clips has him skating faster than 38 year old Malkin.

He's lost a step for sure. He WAS a speedster like 4-5 years ago and I think he was in the speed comp back then? Practically all the clips lately seem like he chops his way in and falls down. He's also had a sporadic history of games played looking at his stats.

We have money. We should create more money with Smith/Rakell/Graves/Jarry whomever off the books. We need legit top 6 is all I'm saying. If we were in the position to sign depth - where it mattered - I could see that luxury of a guy who's proven he can play top 6...I just don't assess Duclair as a staple top 6 at all. Moreso hammering the DOC comparison.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
A 3x3 for Myers makes a lot of sense if you're smart and paying attention.

The problem for Myers wasn't so much his play, it was the contract. He wasn't worth $6mil but he's worth every penny at $3mil especially when it comes time for the playoffs where we see positional, stay at home, large, physical dmen be impact players. 3 years is one longer than I'd want but in 3 years, the cap will be up high enough that $3mil on the bottom pairing or a HS won't mean much.

Bringing back Joshua and Myers indicates that JR and Allvin understand how teams should be built for the playoffs.

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Canucks fans / management are pretending that the team they had last year was good instead of realizing that all of their players had unsustainable years.

They going to miss the playoffs next year and it's going to be hilarious.

They have a good team, good goalie, and good coach. If they swing Guentzel or Reinhart, they're firmly in the playoffs for sure.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
A 3x3 for Myers makes a lot of sense if you're smart and paying attention.

The problem for Myers wasn't so much his play, it was the contract. He wasn't worth $6mil but he's worth every penny at $3mil especially when it comes time for the playoffs where we see positional, stay at home, large, physical dmen be impact players. 3 years is one longer than I'd want but in 3 years, the cap will be up high enough that $3mil on the bottom pairing or a HS won't mean much.

Bringing back Joshua and Myers indicates that JR and Allvin understand how teams should be built for the playoffs.

No, it doesn't. He's awful.

They have a good team, good goalie, and good coach. If they swing Guentzel or Reinhart, they're firmly in the playoffs for sure.

Nope. Overachieved all over their roster. Joshua is going to come crashing down, Myers is going to turn back into a pumpkin, and Demko and Boeser likely will be injured.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
No, it doesn't. He's awful.

Nope. Overachieved all over their roster. Joshua is going to come crashing down, Myers is going to turn back into a pumpkin, and Demko and Boeser likely will be injured.

Didn't watch much hockey this playoffs, did you? Makes sense.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
They have JR running their socials.

"LESLIE HOW DO I ACCEPT COOKIES?!? THEY'D BETTER BE WARM!"

Warm Cookies, @Dipsy Doodle ?

Didn't watch much hockey this playoffs, did you? Makes sense.

I can not wait for this one to blow up completely in your face.

Tyler Myers sucks ass. He had a decent year this year. But, he's awful.

Dakota Joshua wasn't even that great in the playoffs and he shot 20+%. Dude is going to score like 9 goals and 20 points next year next to Blueger and everyone is going to be like "whattt happen!?!?"

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad