Salary Cap: Pens 2024 Summer Thread: "Thus, knocking us out of these superior numbers when we emerge! Mr. President, we must not allow a non-playoff bound gap!"

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turin

Erik Karlsson is good
Feb 27, 2018
Myers stunk in Van until this year where he was better under Tochett. Can’t go wrong with 3 mil, not like that’s untradable.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
A 3x3 for Myers makes a lot of sense if you're smart and paying attention.

The problem for Myers wasn't so much his play, it was the contract. He wasn't worth $6mil but he's worth every penny at $3mil especially when it comes time for the playoffs where we see positional, stay at home, large, physical dmen be impact players. 3 years is one longer than I'd want but in 3 years, the cap will be up high enough that $3mil on the bottom pairing or a HS won't mean much.

Bringing back Joshua and Myers indicates that JR and Allvin understand how teams should be built for the playoffs.
A 34 year old who’s usually just bad gets 3 yrs? They should have walked away. Bad contracts can quickly add up for playoff teams and can hinder other moves.

1719528908123.gif

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
I don't think they have the money to get both Guentzel and Tanev.

They're sitting with $15.4 million in cap space with needing at minimum a top-6 winger, 1 bottom-6 forward, a good 2nd/3rd pair D and a backup goalie. Guentzel plus Tanev probably takes up $15 million of that alone.

Guentzel and Tanev solve 2 of those issues and Silovs they can probably get for nothing.

Guentzel - Pettersson - Hoglander
Suter - Miller - Boeser
Joshua - Blueger - Garland
Podkolzin - Gisueppe - Aman

Hughes - Hronek
Soucy - Tanev
Juulsen - Myers

Demko
Silovs

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
They can afford both. Verhaeghe isn't up until next year. Bennett and Ekblad are off the books.

If Cats are truly smart they will trade Ekblad immediately.

They only have 19 mill in cap and only have 7 forwards and 5 dmen signed

They have to sign
Reinhart
Lundell
Montour

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
They won't have the cap space to fill out their roster with paying Guentzel and Tanev for that.

Guentzel's costing over $10 million on his deal.

If Guentzel gets over 10 million, I'll eat a sock.

They only have 19 mill in cap and only have 7 forwards and 5 dmen signed

They have to sign
Reinhart
Lundell
Montour

No chance they are signing Montour.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

They're sitting with $15.4 million in cap space with needing at minimum a top-6 winger, 1 bottom-6 forward, a good 2nd/3rd pair D and a backup goalie. Guentzel plus Tanev probably takes up $15 million of that alone.

Toronto is probably going to throw money at Tanev and that’s where he’s from.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012

They are probably hoping to get Guentzel at around 9-9.5 and Tanev at around 4m. We know JR doesnt mind being inches away from the cap. They likely give Tanev way too much term to bring the AAV down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad