World Cup: Aug 31 GDT - USA vs. Canada

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

loadie

Official Beer Taster
Sponsor
Jan 1, 2003
New Brunswick
Chaos said:
Nice job of Brodeur of dragging Konowalchuk into the net...then breaking his stick on someones legs :dunno:

I think Kono went in the net on his own, and then Brodeur grabbed him. I never saw a stick broken on anyones legs. :dunno:

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
HollyG said:
Perhaps this has already been asked, but who is the idiot in the booth with Thorne and Clement? He's very minor league, if that.

Jeremy Roenick

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
loadie said:
I think Kono went in the net on his own, and then Brodeur grabbed him. I never saw a stick broken on anyones legs. :dunno:

Well Sakic drove him into the net....that seemed kind of clear....maybe he didnt break his stick on a leg...I was going by what Thorne and co. were saying...although I know that may not be the smartest thing to do ;)

blah

Jun 24, 2003
HollyG said:
Perhaps this has already been asked, but who is the idiot in the booth with Thorne and Clement? He's very minor league, if that.
Are you serious? How can you not know whose mouth that voice is coming out of?

sketchykg

Nov 17, 2003
Referee is french for Pejorative Slured.

Roenick is french for Pejorative Slured too.

CarlRacki

Feb 9, 2004
Can someone explain how Iginla can jump into a fight (well, it was sort of a fight), drop his gloves and throw punches but end up with zero penalty minutes? The home cooking is mighty tasty for Canada so far tonight.

EaGLE1

Feb 17, 2004
Quebec City
Where is Lemieux? He looks finished. Like Gretzky in his last year in NHL.
He's not superhuman anymore. Sad but true.

HF_Rangers

Jan 16, 2004
Winston-Salem, NC
wilka91 said:
You know Canada has a long history of cheating in Canada Cups ... so this comes as no surprise to me. :shakehead

Never lived to see those Canada Cups... but I remember the 2002 Olympics for the bad refereeing in the Gold Medal Game... yet the U.S. play didn't help much either.

SopelFan*

EaGLE1 said:
Where is Lemieux? He looks finished. Like Gretzky in his last year in NHL.
He's not superhuman anymore. Sad but true.
Lemieux owned Konowalchuk.

Holly Gunning

Mar 9, 2002
out and about
Visit site
Parise = The Future said:
Jeremy Roenick. He had an interview with Steve Levy between periods regarding the betting incidents earlier and has been doing commentary all game long.
Oh. Well that explains why he's rooting for a side then. He sounds very unprofessional as a broadcaster, but if he's a player, then that's fine. Carry on.

Reilly311

HF_Rangers said:
Never lived to see those Canada Cups... but I remember the 2002 Olympics for the bad refereeing in the Gold Medal Game... yet the U.S. play didn't help much either.

I wouldnt say it was the bad reffing as much as it was the pathetic diving going on.

Vic Rattlehead*

wilka91 said:
You know Canada has a long history of cheating in Canada Cups ... so this comes as no surprise to me. :shakehead
A russian fan talking trash? Tsk. Maybe you should go cheer for what's left of the Russian team.

EaGLE1

Feb 17, 2004
Quebec City
SopelFan said:
Lemieux owned Konowalchuk.

Maybe, but it's not his job. I seen 1 good play by Lemieux. He made a pass à la Gretzky from behind the net. Not very impressive overall, he better be good in 3rd period.

Reilly311

cds said:
Uh oh, he's busting out the conspiracy theory, folks.

what game are you watching? How you can justify canada getting a power play out of all that? you're crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad