World Cup: Aug 31 GDT - USA vs. Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jovo Cop

We are the Champions ..we are the Champions ....huh ..you mean there are more games ????? :)

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Great game...but you all should have won by 3 or 4...hope to meet you when it counts, and maybe we can have a repeat of 96 ;)

Reilly311

that game was a prime example of why no one cares about hockey in the US.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Great game all around. Full marks to Canada for DOMINATING the 1st period, but props to the U.S. for coming around in the 2nd and 3rd. Both goaltenders were great, and there was a generous amount of hitting. I hope Modano's okay, and Rafalski can get in the line-up against Russia.

Erik

Jul 28, 2004
Tampa, FL
Damn you Canadians...... :p:

That was a great, exciting (although almost pointless besides bragging rights), poorly officiated game.....

Oh well, you got us this time, but I can't wait 'till it counts!!!

Also, this game really helped us. Esche really proved himself as our #1 goalie.

Last edited:

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
Great game for Canada. The U.S. did seem to pick up play, though, midway through the game which is semi-encouraging :).

Best Player by Team:

USA - Robert Esche
Canada - Joe Sakic......I came under fire in the chat for choosing Joe, but he really looked like the most dangerous player on the ice to me tonight..

Reilly311

oilers_guy_eddie said:
...because Americans prefer sports they dominate. :teach:

how about they perfer exciting action. The 3rd period was dreadful. I miss the wider rinks. Apparenly Poker is more exciting than hockey.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Dear Lord.

I haven't seen this much *****ing in a thread since I went into the Leafs forum.

Didn't anyone just enjoy the game? Jesus Christ. Great game I thought. Canada dominated the first period, but Esche kept them in it and the USA kept coming throughout the game.

People, let's enjoy hockey while it's still around and save the tears for something else.

EaGLE1

Feb 17, 2004
Quebec City
Reilly311 said:
how about they perfer exciting action. The 3rd period was dreadful. I miss the wider rinks. Apparenly Poker is more exciting than hockey.

Go play poker. We don't need losers who don't like hockey on this board.
This game was perfect.

Johnny

Mar 11, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Reilly311 said:

Yes, because baseball is so exciting....Football too, with a stoppage of play every 5 seconds. Whoa what excitement...

go back to sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad