Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
I was impressed with Dvorsky. He plays a really mature game & goes into the hard areas of the ice with purpose and confidence. Looks good.
I was eager to see him play because he is a prospect placed in the first 10 choices for the draft of 2023 but after the 2 games at the WJC, I am not impressed. at all...

Reactions: Chr1s97

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
His will. His biggest issue is knee bend. He's not bending his knees enough to generate power.
If it's technique they should be able to fix it. If speed just needs to improve a little to be an NHL skater a skating coach should be able to help. Jason Robertson was probably Cheechoo slow to start but is apparently good enough for the NHL now. Sasha Pastujov was supposed to be working with Barb Underhill last year. He will be playing at 10 pm. Some say his skating hasn't improved much.

I was eager to see him play because he is a prospect placed in the first 10 choices for the draft of 2023 but after the 2 games at the WJC, I am not impressed. at all...
There is very little talent on the WJC team for him to work with.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
As close to a NHL player as there is in this prospect pool forward-wise.
Not trying to take anything away from Mysak but he's also over 20 years old playing in a watered down version of what's supposed to be a U20 tournament. I saw him play three games in person at the Memorial Cup. Solid prospect who I really like but he's a few years away from a possibility of sticking in the NHL.

Locks

May 28, 2005
Roy did what he could on the top line but it's clear he's better being the top dog on his line vs trying to open up space for two other guys.

Foerster should be out for Kidney.

I know Roy does need to be a better skater but his IQ and competitiveness will allow him to play. He's really good at somehow getting on top of people and forcing turnovers
Yes, high IQ and anticipation do that, kind of like Mark Stone who is an ace at causing turnovers and stealing pucks despite being well below average skater. But I hope he does improve his skating though - given his skill it can take him to another level.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So in the end...I wasn't hating on Roy because I wanted to....I was pointing out that he was not at ease on that line. And he showed it immediatley after being removed from it. Despite the number of points with them. He always will have to improve his skating. But he needs to play his strenghts, which he wasn't with BedTavish.

• Love
Reactions: HomaridII

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
It’s only a tweak for Dach. The elephant in the room is his shot. And he needs to be practicing his face offs as we speak.
So, he is weak skater, has a poor shot and can't win face-offs. And this is the player we gave up 13 OA for?

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It certainly won't get better without one.
All of these kids have had top skating coaches, I always laugh at the notion that fans believe they are having a eureka moment when they suggest NHL prospects get a skating coach.

Only fans who have never played or been around AAA players and/or CHLers in Canada could possibly think such silliness. The worst skaters in the NHL have worked with top skating coaches for a very long time and don't improve much. Coaching is not a magic elixir and results vary mostly dependent on the players physiology. Some players just don't have the skeletal/muscular structure to ever be good skaters while others do but have just learned poor habits. A good skating coach can fix the latter but can't do much with the former.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Yup. 1 goal and 3 assists.

He has 5 pts in 2 games so far this tournament.

And when you consider what you say, goes down in the line-up and gets limited PP time, it's impressive.

Hopefully he keeps this going when the competition gets tougher.
Miller and Johnson mentioned something about that during the game. Bedard and McTavish both gravitate to the slot so where is Roy supposed to go? Being an unselfish player he adapts. I think @Whitesnake had an excellent point. Roy on a line with Bedard and McT is a waste. They should put Roy on a line where he is the #1 offensive player.

Canada later on will need more energy and intelligence shifts from Kidney than Foerster for sure. And as much as I'M a Stankhoven fan....other than just being a product of on the PP....would Kidney do worst?
Against Latvia, Kidney looked lost on the ice. He started to get involved in the 3rd period.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
So, he is weak skater, has a poor shot and can't win face-offs. And this is the player we gave up 13 OA for?
Dach is an excellent skater. Stupid to say otherwise. He is ridiculously bad at face-offs, as in worst in the league last year, and he needs to have more confidence in his shot.

The one that worries me the most TBH is the face-offs, seeing as he is a center.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
It's pretty amazing that Roy was on a line with those two guys. They are both among the worlds top prospects right now. I hope he learns a few things from this tournament.

Reactions: HankyZetts

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Not sure how he'll ever be in the NHL...but let's correct a mistake somehow and go get Dufour.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad