Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is it that Slaf is not playing in these world juniors?

Not a dumb question.

But Slaf will prepare for rookie and main camps.

Same with Mesar.

Habs had asked Mesar not to participate, but ultimately left the decision up to Mesar.

And that's not just Habs. A lot of prospects opted not to participate.

The fact the tournament is close to training camps, a lot of players preferred to take this time to prepare for camps.

They opted out for the upcoming season
No idea why Mesar did

Same reason for Mesar.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sweet finish by McTavish.

Something to keep an eye on. Either it was one shift or maybe Cameron making a few changes.

lillypad33

Sep 20, 2008
Kitchener
So... What's up with Roy? He looks useless out there. Not that he can't skate quick... More like he's choosing to float out there. Like every second!

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Not a dumb question.

Same with Mesar.

Habs had asked Mesar not to participate, but ultimately left the decision up to Mesar.

The fact the tournament is close to training camps, a lot of players preferred to take this time to prepare for camps.

Same reason for Mesar.
Slaf is legit, Mesar I can't see even coming close to making it this year unless he's hoping to be assigned to the A

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Slaf is legit, Mesar I can't see even coming close to making it this year unless he's hoping to be assigned to the A

For one, he will prepare to go to camp to make the Habs.

But also, even if he ends up playing in Laval. He still needs to prepare for rookie camp, main camp, and even in Laval, their season starts at the same time as Montreal's.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Mesar’s hoping to be assigned to the A. Habs is not in the cards

He will still go to camp to try and crack the Habs.

But even if he ends up in Laval, he still prefers to prepare for camps and get ready for the season.

In fact, even if he heads to Kitchener, he will still take part in rookie and Habs camp and then get ready for the seasons.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Roy had his share of points...but seemed intimidated somehow. But with Dufour you already see he's a totally different player!

Reactions: lillypad33

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Riley Kidney is a solid prospect for Habs. When I watch him, I really think he have really good floor.... he got all tools to become a solid 3rd line player, even more. He is very smart, great hockey IQ, his skating is better than past years. He don't scare of contact, he is a good two-way player. I really like his passing ability and his hands.

Joshua Roy and Riley Kidney are two great prospect to develop for Habs future... if the new department of development develop them well... I think we have two solid NHL players with them. They are talented and smart.
Two great finds by our Q scout

Reactions: KevSkillz4

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Not a dumb question.

Same with Mesar.

Same reason for Mesar.
Ah makes sense. Thank you

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Me hating Roy makes me think that the Dufour-Roy pairing is awesome. As I said before.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad