Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fuonki

Jan 2, 2020

Man I have to say I'm still a little upset how Bergevin & co decided to pick Mailloux instead of Räty with the late 1st pick. Even if Mailloux does still hold some promise, Räty seems like a surefire high end 3C with good 2C upside. High intensity player who is always in the right place at the right time.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Man I have to say I'm still a little upset how Bergevin & co decided to pick Mailloux instead of Räty with the late 1st pick. Even if Mailloux does still hold some promise, Räty seems like a surefire high end 3C with good 2C upside. High intensity player who is always in the right place at the right time.
Not only Raty but Zellwegger, Morrow, Buium, Stankoven, Knies, Moser... Top it off with Kapanen... huh. Tuch, Guhle, Mailloux. Cant say thats a good look on Timmins legacy... At least he picked a sure fire NHL player in Guhle but it has potential to massively backfire with players that went after.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Roy on the top line with McTavish and Bedard. Kidney an extra.

Is Bedard playing RW?

It's hard to make out if the C is the final guy or the middle guy in that roster list, as most players on the team are C/W, other than Roy ;)

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Is Bedard playing RW?

It's hard to make out if the C is the final guy or the middle guy in that roster list, as most players on the team are C/W, other than Roy ;)
Bedard played on Shane Wright's wing during the two games of the canceled holiday WJC. Also, Crosby in his draft year played the wing on a line with Bergeron at center and Perry on the other wing.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
How serious is the Guhle injury
I don't think it's anything too serious. He was playing right until the end of June and logging big minutes for Edmonton. I'm sure all parties felt it would be best if he uses the time to continue to refresh, get fully healthy and focus on being ready (physically and mentally) for NHL camp. The same decision was made by many other players from the holiday Team Canada squad. This WJC tournament in mid-August is a bit of a fraud tournament to recover revenues that Hockey Canada and the IIHF lost out on when the holiday WJC was canceled. I still can't believe the Ducks have sent McTavish to it.

Jul 6, 2016
So listening to the sick podcast yesterday, the Athletic’s Scott Wheeler thinks Joshua Roy will play a prominent role for Team Canada. Prob starting on the 3rd line. He also thinks Kidney is a top 9 or nothing player since they’re going for more grit on the 4th line and right now he won’t have a spot.

I’m excited to at least see what Roy can do. Really hope his exceptional Q translates to a higher level. Was disappointed to only catch 1 game in the AHL this year so this will be something to look forward to.
Roy will play with McTavish and Bedard. Not bad for a 5th rounder.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Funny to read a lot these days that Farell is a better prospect than Roy.....when Farell will turn 21...years old in...3 months...

...and Roy turned 19....this week...

2.years.difference is huge at that age.

Farell was nowhere near Roy 2 years ago at the same age..

We.will see.how it will be in the future but for me...right now.. Joshua Roy is the best prospect after Kaiden Guhle

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Sherwoo9

Jul 17, 2018
The US D Corps must be impressive if they cut Lane Hutson.
Dont Forget this is 2022 WJC and eligible players from January are still eligible… so it’s more or less like Hutson trying to make the team as a 17 y.o.
It’s already very good that he should make the 2023 team easily. Some of these guys have an opportunity because of the high profile first rounders not going but nonetheless it’s a 19 yo tournament on a year that is his D-1. If he had made the team… that would have given him the opportunity to play in 3 different WJC. I see nothing wrong with him being cut.

Reactions: Tyson

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Funny to read a lot these days that Farell is a better prospect than Roy.....when Farell will turn 21...years old in...3 months...

...and Roy turned 19....this week...

2.years.difference is huge at that age.

Farell was nowhere near Roy 2 years ago at the same age..

We.will see.how it will be in the future but for me...right now.. Joshua Roy is the best prospect after Kaiden Guhle

On the other hand, Roy has not yet been tested against men like Farrell has.... They are both legit prospects, just in very different situations.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I don't think it's anything too serious. He was playing right until the end of June and logging big minutes for Edmonton. I'm sure all parties felt it would be best if he uses the time to continue to refresh, get fully healthy and focus on being ready (physically and mentally) for NHL camp. The same decision was made by many other players from the holiday Team Canada squad. This WJC tournament in mid-August is a bit of a fraud tournament to recover revenues that Hockey Canada and the IIHF lost out on when the holiday WJC was canceled. I still can't believe the Ducks have sent McTavish to it.

It's McTavish last chance, he really wanted to go.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad