Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
If this caught him off guard he should get a new agent. Everyone from McTavish himself to the Ducks GM should have known this was coming. At the very least, his agent should have prepped him for this.
I don't think it caught him off guard as I'm sure he was prepped but it's a tough spot to put the kid in. It's normally a positive media event after getting named captain but the questions he faced weren't about hockey.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
No reason other than greed to "complete" the preceding tournament.
I doubt many folks care about world Junior championships in August. What a farce

The irony is with all that's happening with Hockey Canada, most sponsors suspended their sponsorship, so they won't make much money with this.

Reactions: Tyson

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
I think a lot of Canadians are disgusted with current events regarding Hockey Canada and the timing to have this tournament now is not smart.
I mean, Canada is one team in the tournament.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think a lot of Canadians are disgusted with current events regarding Hockey Canada and the timing to have this tournament now is not smart.

At the same time, I'm happy this tournament will be held because I just want to watch the Habs prospects that will take part.

It will be something to hold us off while we wait for camps to start.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Kapanen at 2C and Nurmi at 1LD for this pre-tournament match. I don't think this will be streamed anywhere. So we'll surely get updates.

1659648160216.png

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Kemell on the top line centered by Raty, in great posture to make some noise. Still cant believe 14 teams passed on this kid, especially Buffalo who opted for Savoie and Ostlund instead. It will come back to bit them in the ass.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Natey

GOATS
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
No reason other than greed to "complete" the preceding tournament.
I doubt many folks care about world Junior championships in August. What a farce
Yeah, I'm sure all the kids from other teams (and Team Canada as well) don't care. I'm sure their parents don't care.

Lots of people will be watching. Why should we punish others for mistakes they didn't make?

And Hockey Canada, as an organization, is being punished anyway. Their sponsorships will be low so which will severely hurt the revenue.

Personally, I'm excited to watch hockey in 3 days. Can't wait.

Justsayin

Jul 2, 2019
Yeah, I'm sure all the kids from other teams (and Team Canada as well) don't care. I'm sure their parents don't care.

Lots of people will be watching. Why should we punish others for mistakes they didn't make?

And Hockey Canada, as an organization, is being punished anyway. Their sponsorships will be low so which will severely hurt the revenue.

Personally, I'm excited to watch hockey in 3 days. Can't wait.
Exactly. Me too.

Reactions: Natey

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
So listening to the sick podcast yesterday, the Athletic’s Scott Wheeler thinks Joshua Roy will play a prominent role for Team Canada. Prob starting on the 3rd line. He also thinks Kidney is a top 9 or nothing player since they’re going for more grit on the 4th line and right now he won’t have a spot.

I’m excited to at least see what Roy can do. Really hope his exceptional Q translates to a higher level. Was disappointed to only catch 1 game in the AHL this year so this will be something to look forward to.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So listening to the sick podcast yesterday, the Athletic’s Scott Wheeler thinks Joshua Roy will play a prominent role for Team Canada. Prob starting on the 3rd line. He also thinks Kidney is a top 9 or nothing player since they’re going for more grit on the 4th line and right now he won’t have a spot.

I’m excited to at least see what Roy can do. Really hope his exceptional Q translates to a higher level. Was disappointed to only catch 1 game in the AHL this year so this will be something to look forward to.

I just heard that episode. Wheeler spoke about how he was among the final cuts last December. That Canada really likes him.

Wheeler has him on the 3rd line but he did say he can see him in the Top-6 and getting PP time to score goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad