Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
now waiting for Team Canada

i think Roy makes it in a top 6 role and Beck bottom 6 has a faceoff/defensive center
Weirdly enough, I see Beck making it much easier than Roy and Kidney. Team Canada always likes their forward group to play a certain way and fit into a specific role. Skating and pace really hurts the later two's chances unless they can win a top 6 spot.

Reactions: Nico Cauzuki

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Real happy for Roy and Kidney, since it bodes well for them making the December team although I figured they would have been there if they didn't make next weeks tournament. Should be fun to watch the 5 prospects, Rohrer and Mesar would have made this so much more fun to watch if they were there.

Jul 6, 2016
Too bad Wright, Guhle and Slaf decided not to participate.

Nice to see guys like Dufour and Desnoyers making the Canadian Team. Like in Roy's case, it is proving you can find good players from the Q in later rounds.... when you make an effort to draft them !

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I'm amazed that Anaheim allowed McTavish to go to this joke of a summer time WJC. He just finished an extremely long season a month ago where he was playing close to 30 minutes a game in the OHL final and Memorial Cup. Today he got named team captain and the media ambushed him with questions about the Team Canada sexual assault scandal rather than hockey questions or any praise for being named captain. Anaheim should have let the kid clear his head and focus on getting ready for NHL camp.

Guess

Jul 16, 2010
Brossard, QC
So Del Bel Belluz is likely making the WJC in 2023, he was apparently the best player for team white in the scrimmages in the team Canada camp recently.

Was Beck playing there too? I don't see his name anywhere. Just wondering because some here were saying they would have preferred DBB.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So Del Bel Belluz is likely making the WJC in camp recently and was apparently the best player for team white in the scrimmages.

Was Beck playing there too? I don't see his name anywhere. Just wondering because some here were saying they would have preferred DBB.

DBB didn't make the team.

Both he and Owen Beck were at the summer evaluation camp and neither of them made the team.

Reactions: Guess

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
I'm amazed that Anaheim allowed McTavish to go to this joke of a summer time WJC. He just finished an extremely long season a month ago where he was playing close to 30 minutes a game in the OHL final and Memorial Cup. Today he got named team captain and the media ambushed him with questions about the Team Canada sexual assault scandal rather than hockey questions or any praise for being named captain. Anaheim should have let the kid clear his head and focus on getting ready for NHL camp.
Yeah, I will enjoy watching our kids play, but thats it, dont really care what team win this summer tournament.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Yeah, I will enjoy watching our kids play, but thats it, dont really care what team win this summer tournament.
Agreed. Also players like Roy and Kidney aren't expected to make the NHL this season whereas I can't see McTavish playing anywhere but the NHL. He can't play in the AHL and really shouldn't go back to the CHL where he was the best player in the league in my opinion. McTavish was also logging huge minutes in high intensity games right until the very end of June and he played in the Olympics. Now as captain of Team Canada, the poor kid is getting grilled on questions about a scandal he had nothing to do with. Dumb move by Anaheim.

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Agreed. Also players like Roy and Kidney aren't expected to make the NHL this season whereas I can't see McTavish playing anywhere but the NHL. He can't play in the AHL and really shouldn't go back to the CHL where he was the best player in the league in my opinion. McTavish was also logging huge minutes in high intensity games right until the very end of June and he played in the Olympics. Now as captain of Team Canada, the poor kid is getting grilled on questions about a scandal he had nothing to do with. Dumb move by Anaheim.
If this caught him off guard he should get a new agent. Everyone from McTavish himself to the Ducks GM should have known this was coming. At the very least, his agent should have prepped him for this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad