Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
It's McTavish last chance, he really wanted to go.
I still think it's a bad decision. He had such a long season that included a Memorial Cup that he played in until June 30th, an Olympics overseas and a mid-season injury. He's going to make the Ducks for certain (he can't play in the AHL and he's too good for the CHL) and he should be focusing on Ducks camp like so many other prospects with legit shots at making the NHL are doing. This watered down fraudulent WJC will just make his season longer and more gruelling physically and mentally. Teenager seasons in the NHL are such a grind.

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I still think it's a bad decision. He had such a long season that included a Memorial Cup that he played in until June 30th, an Olympics overseas and a mid-season injury. He's going to make the Ducks for certain (he can't play in the AHL and he's too good for the CHL) and he should be focusing on Ducks camp like so many other prospects with legit shots at making the NHL are doing. This watered down fraudulent WJC will just make his season longer and more gruelling physically and mentally. Teenager seasons in the NHL are such a grind.

Maybe, but the kid loves hockey and that's one of his childhood dreams to represent Canada at the WJC.

It's always a good decision to pursue our dreams.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Maybe, but the kid loves hockey and that's one of his childhood dreams to represent Canada at the WJC.

It's always a good decision to pursue our dreams.
That's great on him to pursue such a dream but I still think Anaheim and his agent should have thrown more weight around in talking sense into the kid. It's not a typical WJC...mid-August timing is awful, many of his high end peers from various WJC entries aren't going, and there is a huge sex scandal hovering over the team even though none of these players had anything to do with it. I'm sure he had lots of fun fielding questions about Hockey Canada scandals throughout the entire presser to announce he's team captain.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Who the f*** cares about this type of prospects becoming PKers though

In the absolute, Top 6 or bust for both.

GMs, coaches, players on the team. They all care.

Farrell isn't top 6 or bust. Since he brings smarts, defensive play and the ability to kill penalties. He can play anywhere in the line up. Which is great because instead of a PK forward with very little offensive ability, we know Farrell can play offensively and provide plus value defensively.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its a dream for most kids, let them play if they want it.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Its a dream for most kids, let them play if they want it.
It's a dream for most kids yet most kids who played on the Team Canada holiday edition who are under contract with NHL teams aren't back because they're focusing on NHL camp. Asylums shouldn't be run by the inmates. It's not a regular WJC. It's watered down and the timing doesn't jive with the NHL cycle which is where he'll be playing this season and getting paid big money by the Ducks. Tournaments are often draining...especially for a captain. His D+1 season was outrageously long and now he's making his rookie season extra long and he's vulnerable to getting burnt out at some point this season. Add to all this the Hockey Canada scandal black mark which he's fielding questions about as captain. I don't like the decision by the Ducks one bit to let him play in this fraudulent WJC.

Reactions: Tyson

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
That's great on him to pursue such a dream but I still think Anaheim and his agent should have thrown more weight around in talking sense into the kid. It's not a typical WJC...mid-August timing is awful, many of his high end peers from various WJC entries aren't going, and there is a huge sex scandal hovering over the team even though none of these players had anything to do with it. I'm sure he had lots of fun fielding questions about Hockey Canada scandals throughout the entire presser to announce he's team captain.

Or maybe let's stop seeing everything with a glass half empty.

He gets to play a WJC before starting the season in Anaheim.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
Or maybe let's stop seeing everything with a glass half empty.

He gets to play a WJC before starting the season in Anaheim.
Glass half full: Most teams ensure that young prospects with legit chances to make the NHL roster use their entire offseason to fully focus on preparing for their NHL camp by having them skip a fraudulent WJC. ;)

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Adam Nicholas need to be with him as much as possible. Did wonders for Farrell with the Chicago Steel (for the whole team actually).

That team was crazy! They produced so many legit prospects... yeah let's hope he can do his magic with our group now!

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
i 100% understand your point but to some people having the chance to represent your country at the international level his huge i know i would

Jul 6, 2016
Del Mastro who was re called, was drafted in the. 4th round by Chicago in 2021. Big , physical 6'4 D. Habs have drafted Russian Kostenko in the 3rd, a guy we might never see.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Slovakia’s final roster, I believe they were the last team to make cuts. 4 2023 Draft prospects. Most of this team will be back for winter, good learning experience

Reactions: dralaf

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
I wonder why no Mesar?
Which Hab prospects are in the tournament? Just Roy, Kidney and Kapanen?

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
I wonder why no Mesar?
Which Hab prospects are in the tournament? Just Roy, Kidney and Kapanen?
Mesar just did an interview stating that he’s hoping to make the AHL this year, maybe even play with Slaf there too. If that’s an option then going back to the worlds is less desirable either now or December

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad