Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Rohrer is not going to the WJC either (Kasper is out as well for Austria).

Unvaccinated players are also unable to play, as Alex Ciernik from Slovakia is being denied eligibility to play.

• Wow
Reactions: jrom

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Nurmi's skating looks effortless and he's making good, quick decisions when the puck is on his stick. I'm looking forward to seeing more...
'NURMI' sounds like something you yell before twisting someone's nipple or sticking your finger in their ear.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Still baffling to me that Mesar has decided not to go

Not baffling at all.

After his season ended, it was all about preparing for the draft. After the draft, it was straight to development camp. So now is his chance to rest and prepare for camps.

Habs told him not to go.

Just to specify, they asked him not to go. The decision was still left up to Mesar.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Not baffling at all.

After his season ended, it was all about preparing for the draft. After the draft, it was straight to development camp. So now is his chance to rest and prepare for camps.

Just to specify, they asked him not to go. The decision was still left up to Mesar.
I mean plenty of prospects who decided to go had long seasons. Jiricek is going just a few months later after a bad injury. Demek had a long season through the memorial cup and was also dealing with an injury and is going for Slovakia.
I don’t blame him for choosing to focus on the upcoming season though

Kennerback

Jun 2, 2021
Not baffling at all.

Yes. They recommended he not go. He felt it was better to follow the Habs’ advice.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Sponsor
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Not baffling at all.

After his season ended, it was all about preparing for the draft. After the draft, it was straight to development camp. So now is his chance to rest and prepare for camps

Exactly. Many of the ills of last season may be attributed to the short off-season the Habs had last year.

In Mesars case the Habs probably wanted him to have a proper off season even if he likely won't be NHL bound.

Wouldn't surprise me if he's at the 2023 WJC.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad