Prospect Info: WJC 2022 part 2: Picking Back Up In August

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Weird they asked Mesar not to go. He barely has any tournament experience while Slafkovsky was pretty much drafted because of them.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
HuGo can't hold all these Ls this summers.

Its the same micromanagement that Bergevin was so hated for.

I guess you can always get injure at anytime. But I don’t like the idea of playing the WJC in August. They should simply have cancelled it IMO.

Guys have not played for months, the intensity will ramp up. A bad injury that lasts longer than expected can derail a whole season.

Plus, I could see why the team would like to have them in camp this september in order to try to assess them.

Let them hit the WJC in December instead.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I don't understand... WJC is development, its playing hockey against the best of the best on the biggest stage. Its playing time added, its skills honed, its being battle tested. What could be gained from scrimmage and drills for two more weeks ?

Aside from Tuch who's invited ? Mysak and Kapanen?

Beck, Roy & Kidney invited to Canada's summer camp.
Tuch & Lane Hutson now invited to US camp.
Mysak wasn't at development camp because he was at Czechia's camp.
Kapanen will be there for Finland.

Same here... Why isn't a guy like Mesar encouraged to partake in the WJC, or Slaf for that matter?

I completely understand the Habs' POV on this.

Both Slaf and Mesar played all year. After their seasons were done, they started all the prep for the combine, the draft, all the media and interviews and then right into development camp.

At some point, the guys need to get a moment to breathe. Because they will be at Rookie Camp and then the main camp.

If they play in this tournament in August, they will be going on for two years non-stop.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I guess you can always get injure at anytime. But I don’t like the idea of playing the WJC in August. They should simply have cancelled it IMO.

Guys have not played for months, the intensity will ramp up. A bad injury that lasts longer than expected can derail a whole season.

Plus, I could see why the team would like to have them in camp this september in order to try to assess them.

Let them hit the WJC in December instead.

Injuries can happen at any time, even during training. Mesar shouldnt be in a pro camp anyway, he should be in the CHL or back in europe, maaaaybe AHL.

Mesar played like 40 agmes this year... its not enough.

Both Slaf and Mesar played all year. After their seasons were done, they started all the prep for the combine, the draft, all the media and interviews and then right into development camp.

At some point, the guys need to get a moment to breathe. Because they will be at Rookie Camp and then the main camp.

If they play in this tournament in August, they will be going on for two years non-stop.
Hopefully all these guys make it, especially Roy. Its gonna be a great experience for him and prime to show if hes the real deal or not.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

wait are Slaf and Mesar officially out of this summer's world juniors.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Slaf is out 99%, he played 94 games this season. Meanwhile Mesar only 43.. I think he should be there, don't see any reason for him to skip it tbh

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Well I guess they advised the same to Mysak and he decided to go to WJC despite being 2 years older than Mesar and having had a very long season
I don't know if they advised Mysak also to not go but this will be Mysak's last chance to participate so I guess he really wants to be there...

Mesar could go again in December.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Slaf is out 99%, he played 94 games this season. Meanwhile Mesar only 43.. I think he should be there, don't see any reason for him to skip it tbh

It's mainly because rookie and main camp are right after the WJC. So they don't want to risk an injury.

If they weren't so close to each other, I imagine they'd let him go. But I think they'd rather have Mesar be ready for camps.

There is the December WJC he can go to.

Any word on Guhle?

Habs confirmed he was recovering from a lower body injury. That is why he didn't take part on any on-ice activities at development camp.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It's mainly because rookie and main camp are right after the WJC. So they don't want to risk an injury.

If they weren't so close to each other, I imagine they'd let him go. But I think they'd rather have Mesar be ready for camps.

There is the December WJC he can go to.

Habs confirmed he was recovering from a lower body injury. That is why he didn't take part on any on-ice activities at development camp.
I mean will he play at the world juniors in August?

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Well I guess they advised the same to Mysak and he decided to go to WJC despite being 2 years older than Mesar and having had a very long season
Mysak is Captain. If he is healthy, he will go to WJC. But it looks like he didn't join WJC training camp until last weekend.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Habs asked him not to. And the reason is because they'd rather he gets some rest and prepare for camp.
It makes sense. I was just wondering if it was official.

Why aren't Wright and Bedard on the invite to summer camp for the 2023 WJC?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad