Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Tools:
1. Anton Silayev
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Sam Dickinson
4. Zayne Parekh
5. Stian Solberg
6. Carter Yakemchuk
7. Zeev Buium

Hockey Sense:
1. Zayne Parekh
2. Zeev Buium
3. Artyom Levshunov
4. Carter Yakemchuk
5. Sam Dickinson
6. Stian Solberg
7. Anton Silayev

Offensive Upside:
1. Zayne Parekh
2. Carter Yakemchuk
3. Artyom Levshunov
4. Zeev Buium
5. Sam Dickinson
6. Stian Solberg
7. Anton Silayev

Defensive Upside:
1. Anton Silayev
2. Artyom Levshunov
3. Zeev Buium
4. Sam Dickinson
5. Stian Solberg
6. Zayne Parekh
7. Carter Yakemchuk

Floor:
1. Artyom Levshunov
2. Sam Dickinson
3. Zeev Buium
4. Anton Silayev
5. Zayne Parekh
6. Carter Yakemchuk
7. Stian Solberg

Analytics:
1. Zayne Parekh
2. Zeev Buium
3. Artyom Levshunov
4. Sam Dickinson
5. Carter Yakemchuk
6. Anton Silayev
7. Stian Solberg

Average Ranking:
1. Artyom Levshunov
2. Zayne Parekh
3. Zeev Buium
4. Sam Dickinson
5. Anton Silayev
6. Carter Yakemchuk
7. Stian Solberg
Seems bizarre that Silayev is the top rated Dman in the "tools" category...beyond skating and size I wonder what they are including in that category.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wonder if we get Lybushkin back for ‘25-26 to tutor the next Russian.
nope-no.gif

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Silayev feels like it would be a really conservative high-floor pick by the Ducks, and I'm not super convinced you'd normally want this guy at 3OA.

I'll trust the D scouting staff if Silayev's their pick, though. And also pray that his career turns out more like Pronger than Oleksiak in terms of good skating big guys.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Silayev feels like it would be a really conservative high-floor pick by the Ducks, and I'm not super convinced you'd normally want this guy at 3OA.

I'll trust the D scouting staff if Silayev's their pick, though. And also pray that his career turns out more like Pronger than Oleksiak in terms of good skating big guys.
I mean if ultimately our scouts go with Silayev... then ill be okay with the pick... but prior to that, i am not a fan of the pick at 3.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the its the scouts + verbeek going with the Silayev pick then perhaps really good sign.
Verbeek also did scouting when Detroit picked Seider and Edvinsson in addition to his job as Assistant GM. Edvinsson is taking longer due to his size to reach his potential. People thought Seider was a bad pick at #6 and the same when Anaheim picked Lindholm at #6. Wasn't Seider expected to go around #20 ? I thought Seider was gonna be a defensive minded Dman with not much offense when he was drafted, at the time I didn't think 6 points in the DEL in 29 games was that big of a deal. It wasn't SHL/KHL so I didn't think much of his offense.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
If the its the scouts + verbeek going with the Silayev pick then perhaps really good sign.
Verbeek also did scouting when Detroit picked Seider and Edvinsson in addition to his job as Assistant GM. Edvinsson is taking longer due to his size to reach his potential. People thought Seider was a bad pick at #6 and the same when Anaheim picked Lindholm at #6. Wasn't Seider expected to go around #20 ? I thought Seider was gonna be a defensive minded Dman with not much offense when he was drafted, at the time I didn't think 6 points in the DEL in 29 games was that big of a deal. It wasn't SHL/KHL so I didn't think much of his offense.
Very good points.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Was Verbeek in Tampa with Yzerman when they picked Hedman ? I know he was with Detroit when they picked Seider and Edvinsson. I get the feeling he wants one of those kind of Dmen with Anaheim.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
He was a pro scout with Detroit when Hedman was drafted in '09. He moved to Tamp for the '10-'11 season
Well he probably would have been high on Hedman anyway cause he big.
I just realized Verbeek was a teammate of Pronger back in the day when he was captain of the whalers and Pronger was a rookie.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

Kids the real deal

Reactions: SmokeyDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad