Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
On Demidov, something that stood out to me from McKenzie’s article:
“His hockey sense and competitiveness are viewed as outstanding.”

“If he isn’t a No. 1 offensive winger in the NHL, he’ll be a No. 2,” said a scout. “He’s not an elite skater, like Kirill Kaprizov, but he has elite skills and competitiveness.”

What are the two things the Ducks (particularly Verbeek) say they value the most? Hockey sense and compete.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
please don't draft another "ritchie" that name gives me nightmares

i doubt he'll be there at 31, but emery would be such a great pick if they don't go with silayev at 3
Emery feels like an Ottawa pick. Funny how there is an Emery and Bryzgalov in this draft and even a Zetterberg. 2007 playoffs nostalgia.

Reactions: Kalv

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
That's insane.

Helenius has a very high floor, but his projected ceiling isn't high. This is who you might have in a player going forward, which is a very productive center in a men's league. The bust factor to Helenius is low.

In a way, he's like Levshunov. Both didn't show anything overly dynamic, but play an efficient game which leads to effective play. It's the physical tools that differentiates the two: Lev is 6'2 and 205 lbs while Helenius is 5'11 and 189 lbs.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
Helenius has a very high floor, but his projected ceiling isn't high. This is who you might have in a player going forward, which is a very productive center in a men's league. The bust factor to Helenius is low.

In a way, he's like Levshunov. Both didn't show anything overly dynamic, but play an efficient game which leads to effective play. It's the physical tools that differentiates the two: Lev is 6'2 and 205 lbs while Helenius is 5'11 and 189 lbs.
He's fine, not in the top 10 though. Why would you draft a thirdline center top 5? Everything ive heard of him is he's really meh, middle 6 center projected. I just think you could trade the pick and get a better player.

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Is there going to be a place to watch or listen to the draft on my phone? I'm driving pretty much the entire draft so I won't be able to catch it at home
I’m driving during draft also, but I’ll just have ESPN+ playing

Trying to get out of driving tho

Reactions: lwvs84

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I think the Ducks would love to grab Badinka if he's there at 31

There's a few players I'd like at 31. Of course, there are many factors involved such as who we pick at #3 and if there's a rush on specific positions like defense.

At #31, my preferences

RW Hemming
RD Emery
RD Badinka
C/RW Surin
C Letourneau
RD Elick

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
He's fine, not in the top 10 though. Why would you draft a thirdline center top 5? Everything ive heard of him is he's really meh, middle 6 center projected. I just think you could trade the pick and get a better player.

I gave you my insight why some scouts would place him #3. I didn't put him at #3. McKenzie didn't put him #3. Thought since you were already dead set Helenius wasn't a top-10 talent, eg "insane", that you might want some possible logic how some could rate Helenius higher in the draft. Reiterating your predisposition of Helenius doesn't help you understand their potential insane logic.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Probably the NHL network on Sirius XM. Channel 91.
If NHL Network is on for free, I can stream that.
I’m driving during draft also, but I’ll just have ESPN+ playing

Trying to get out of driving tho
It's on ESPN+? I'll be able to stream that the whole drive. I'm playing hockey, so I don't want to get out of driving. It sucks not living close to a rink.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If NHL Network is on for free, I can stream that.

It's on ESPN+? I'll be able to stream that the whole drive. I'm playing hockey, so I don't want to get out of driving. It sucks not living close to a rink.
I’ve wanted to sign up for adult league or something…. Maybe just roller havnt played in like 15 years…. But not really any leagues out in Temecula….

I think there is like a street rink in Temecula, but outside of that it’s a bit of a commute to 949 or corona

Reactions: lwvs84

Dostwall

Jun 17, 2024
I really think Demidov needs to be the pick at 3.

None of the guys the Ducks draft are gonna be regular contributors soon (Demidov, actually, might be one of the closest), so position gets thrown out and it’s BPA.

If they want to contend in the near future, they’re gonna need to add a legitimate RHD. The best avenue for that is likely via trade. Between the prospects in tow already and their draft picks, they’ll have the assets to do so.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I’ve wanted to sign up for adult league or something…. Maybe just roller havnt played in like 15 years…. But not really any leagues out in Temecula….

I think there is like a street rink in Temecula, but outside of that it’s a bit of a commute to 949 or corona
Yeah, nothing out in Lancaster either. I drive to Lakewood because the league is Friday nights and my girlfriend's family lives 10 minutes away from the rink so she gets family time, I get hockey time (with no complaints)

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
I feel like it would be stupid to not pick Demidov at this point. If CHI goes Demidov, then I would be cool with either of Lev or Silayev
If CHI goes Lev, I think Demidov's upside is so much higher than anyone else that I don't know how we pass on him. (IMO, as just a guy on the internet with zero scouting ability). I feel like everything I've read over the past weeks as well has just solidified that viewpoint (bigger frame than most originally thought, high drive and compete, etc.). Especially with our track record with forwards outside the top 10, this is a good chance to potentially hit a homerun.

The dmen available at 3OA are all going to be projects, and I think Demidov could probably slot into the NHL roster in 25-26 if all goes according to plan.

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
If we pass on Demidov at this point if he's available I'll definitely be disappointed.

All of the big concerns surrounding him have been mostly pushed aside:

He's not short, He's almost 6'1

He's not undersized, He's almost 200lbs

The Russian factor is blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be a thought in anyone's minds after Michkov has now been confirmed for coming over just one year after his draft and he actually had a long term contract in Russia that Demidov doesn't have

I think the other guys in that top 10 will be great players and I'm sure we'd end up with someone great but I think in the end we'd still end up regretting passing up on Demidov

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Reveille1984

Dec 3, 2014
If we pass on Demidov at this point if he's available I'll definitely be disappointed.

All of the big concerns surrounding him have been mostly pushed aside:

He's not short, He's almost 6'1

He's not undersized, He's almost 200lbs

The Russian factor is blown out of proportion and shouldn't even be a thought in anyone's minds after Michkov has now been confirmed for coming over just one year after his draft and he actually had a long term contract in Russia that Demidov doesn't have

I think the other guys in that top 10 will be great players and I'm sure we'd end up with someone great but I think in the end we'd still end up regretting passing up on Demidov

The only reason I could think of is if he's signaled that he doesn't want to play in Anaheim, similar to Michkov kind of maneuvering his way to PHI. I don't really see that being the case though based on his other likely options (CBJ/MTL/UTH/OTT)... given those possibilities I'd be pretty psyched to end up in SoCal.

Reactions: goonsaredumb

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
I gave you my insight why some scouts would place him #3. I didn't put him at #3. McKenzie didn't put him #3. Thought since you were already dead set Helenius wasn't a top-10 talent, eg "insane", that you might want some possible logic how some could rate Helenius higher in the draft. Reiterating your predisposition of Helenius doesn't help you understand their potential insane logic.
I don't need you to explain, thanks though. Drafting at the top of the draft for floor is IMO insane and wasted value.

Reactions: duckpuck

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I think this is maybe selling Helenius a little short - he reminds me of Seth Jarvis personally. A very good top 6 forward who can play on a top line in the right situation

No, I wouldn’t take him at 3 but I certainly would like him at 8-12 range

If the Demidov is the pick then Zegras is getting traded for sure ImO. Maybe not right away but by next offseason the writing will be on the wall.

I’m not saying it’s good or bad but it’s going to be obvious from Verbeek’s perspective

Vaakou

Jun 30, 2012
Kristianstad
I think this is maybe selling Helenius a little short - he reminds me of Seth Jarvis personally. A very good top 6 forward who can play on a top line in the right situation

No, I wouldn’t take him at 3 but I certainly would like him at 8-12 range

If the Demidov is the pick then Zegras is getting traded for sure ImO. Maybe not right away but by next offseason the writing will be on the wall.

I’m not saying it’s good or bad but it’s going to be obvious from Verbeek’s perspective
You might be right. I really hope we don't trade Zegras, big mistake imo. Would be really fun watching this team a year+ from now with all of them here. I do belive that Zegras should play C tho, and should not be impacted by Demidov. I would rather move Terry if its crowded in the top6-9.

Reactions: Deuce22
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad