Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I like him, thanks for bringing him up. Not sure if Pat does as he's below 6-0 tho.
I thought Brindley would had been an awesome pick last year, but seems Pat is too focused on size
The thing I love about Brindley is his crazy good motor and that’s part of why I like Demidov. Brindley is also my neighbor and I know him personally. He is the nicest kid and loved by his teammate. Fantilli is a great kid too ( they’re great friends).

1.Demidov
2. Levshunov
3. Lindstrom
4. Yakemchuk
5. Sennecke
6. Buium
7. Dickinson
8. Catton
9. Iginla
10. Silayev
Oh man you hate Silayev. I honestly need to watch more tape on him.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The thing I love about Brindley is his crazy good motor and that’s part of why I like Demidov. Brindley is also my neighbor and I know him personally. He is the nicest kid and loved by his teammate. Fantilli is a great kid too ( they’re great friends).

Oh man you hate Silayev. I honestly need to watch more tape on him.
I wouldn’t say I hate him, i just see him as more of a trap pick due to the potential unicorn idea

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

Wheeler’s last mock draft, spoiler alert it’s Silayev. The last couple years he’s been trying to add intel to help instead of just picking who he thinks, but I don’t think he’s been great at that. Typically it’s been a bit of information on where a team might lean and then mostly applying his own logic. Who knows, maybe he’s getting a bit better it’s probably too early to be overly accurate. Pronman’s final mock Friday will probably continue to be the standard for that.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Wheeler’s last mock draft, spoiler alert it’s Silayev. The last couple years he’s been trying to add intel to help instead of just picking who he thinks, but I don’t think he’s been great at that. Typically it’s been a bit of information on where a team might lean and then mostly applying his own logic. Who knows, maybe he’s getting a bit better it’s probably too early to be overly accurate. Pronman’s final mock Friday will probably continue to be the standard for that.
The biggest drama will be if Chicago takes Demidov. Then do the Ducks take Levshunov or pass on him for SIlayev? Does Levshunov fit the "impact" description that Madden was talking about...I'm not sure he does.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I hope we don't but I fear we will select Silayev. My concern is PV won't be able to resist the idea of drafting a Chara.
Drafting a Chara would be hard for any GM to resist. Everyone here seems to trust the Ducks ability to draft D so IF they take Silayev then it's safe to say they think he'll be an impact player...which to me means at both ends of the ice and not just defensively.

that’s how i feel…. And I just don’t think it’s something you should bank on.
Do you trust the Ducks ability to draft D?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Drafting a Chara would be hard for any GM to resist. Everyone here seems to trust the Ducks ability to draft D so IF they take Silayev then it's safe to say they think he'll be an impact player...which to me means at both ends of the ice and not just defensively.

Scouts sure… but I think a silayev pick is heavily influenced by PV

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Same with Carlsson and Mintyukov?

I’d say the carlsson pick is still up in the air if it was the right move.

I think our scouts prob loved Mintyukov across the board.

there isn’t exactly unicorn illusions with those picks…. If saliyev was 6’2 to 6’4 we’re prob not having this discussion now because he’d be going much later.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
Dickinson is a huge, defensive stalwart who is a better skater and can provide more offense than Silayev.

It’s arguable Dickinson is a better skater, Silayev is a fine skater he just suffers from being a lanky kid right now so he at times looks like a newborn deer. Dickinson is definitely a safer pick to reach his ceiling though, so if Verbeek doesn’t want to gamble I get it, but me personally I’m letting it ride on Silayev.

If saliyev was 6’2 to 6’4 we’re prob not having this discussion now because he’d be going much later.
I think you could say the same if Levshunov was lefty.

Reactions: Beckett and Kalv

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I’d say the carlsson pick is still up in the air if it was the right move.

I think our scouts prob loved Mintyukov across the board.

there isn’t exactly unicorn illusions with those picks…. If saliyev was 6’2 to 6’4 we’re prob not having this discussion now because he’d be going much later.
And if Buium was 6'3" we're probably taking him 3OA. But they are not...

It’s arguable Dickinson is a better skater, Silayev is a fine skater he just suffers from being a lanky kid right now so he at times looks like a newborn deer. Dickinson is definitely a safer pick to reach his ceiling though, so if Verbeek doesn’t want to gamble I get it, but me personally I’m letting it ride on Silayev.

Dickinson doesn't strike me as an "impact" player but I could be wrong.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012

I mean I haven’t been shy about levshunov being right handed being a big part of the appeal for me, but from maddens interview those things don’t hold much weight for who they will choose.

I also get a lot of the same feelings watching levshunov as I did watching Mintyukov prior to draft… I think he’ll be a dynamic 2way dmen for a long time for whoever picks him.

And if Buium was 6'3" we're probably taking him 3OA. But they are not...

Dickinson doesn't strike me as an "impact" player but I could be wrong.

I think people are willing to talk buium at 3 overall, it’s been discussed here. Some people think he should be the pick.

I’d prefer buium to saliyev personally

What do you see as an “impact” player, you keep saying it in reference to maddens interview but I feel like the group from 2-10 could alll be considered potential “impact” players

Reactions: Ducks DVM

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
I mean I haven’t been shy about levshunov being right handed being a big part of the appeal for me, but from maddens interview those things don’t hold much weight for who they will choose..
That would almost sound like drafting for need then, unless of course you have him equal to others in ability, but him being right handed puts him over the top. Which is total fair.

I think Levshunov will be a great player, but I don’t think he’s elite at anything in particular, and don’t necessarily think we need a jack of all trades type of guy. I think where he’d have the most impact is in the offensive zone, but then that means we have to put the reins on one of our other offensive Dmen who get paired with him. His trajectory is intriguing though, and if he’s our pick I’ll be ecstatic to be wrong, I just don’t think he’s going to be much of a difference maker.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That would almost sound like drafting for need then, unless of course you have him equal to others in ability, but him being right handed puts him over the top. Which is total fair.

I think Levshunov will be a great player, but I don’t think he’s elite at anything in particular, and don’t necessarily think we need a jack of all trades type of guy. I think where he’d have the most impact is in the offensive zone, but then that means we have to put the reins on one of our other offensive Dmen who get paired with him. His trajectory is intriguing though, and if he’s our pick I’ll be ecstatic to be wrong, I just don’t think he’s going to be much of a difference maker.

Ya I mean I think levshunov is highest ceiling dmen in draft, and him being right handed is a bonus for me.

he’s been as impressive while jumping around to new leagues and countries, I think he’s still pretty raw as an overall talent but I like the fact that he’s excelled in short periods of time every time he’s jumped to a new country/ or moved up in terms of talent he’s playing against

I’ve been on the Levshunov as our pick since before our pick was locked in

Reactions: ScarTroy

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I mean I haven’t been shy about levshunov being right handed being a big part of the appeal for me, but from maddens interview those things don’t hold much weight for who they will choose.

I also get a lot of the same feelings watching levshunov as I did watching Mintyukov prior to draft… I think he’ll be a dynamic 2way dmen for a long time for whoever picks him.

I think people are willing to talk buium at 3 overall, it’s been discussed here. Some people think he should be the pick.

What do you see as an “impact” player, you keep saying it in reference to maddens interview but I feel like the group from 2-10 could alll be considered potential “impact” players
The quote said that they were debating 8 players, I think it’s a given that posters aren’t using the term “impact” the way Madden and company are.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast

The problem with Silayev is no scouting report has anything positive to say about his offense. For a 3OA you want a D who can play both ends of the ice extremely well. If you concede lack of offense, you are putting all your eggs in the basket that says his D will be world class. To me, that's too high in the draft for a gamble like that.

I don't accept the premise that if the Ducks select him it's because they see offense nobody else does. I think they see an all world defensive guy who would pair well with one of their young OD.

GMs obviously do have the final say on draft picks due to being the boss. But I also see PV as a GM who would have no problem over ruling his scouting department if he thought his analysis was more correct than theirs. At the end of the day the buck stops with him.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

I said this morning or yesterday that the impact players for me in this draft are Lindstrom, Demidov, and Silayev. My opinion anyway.

The problem with Silayev is no scouting report has anything positive to say about his offense. For a 3OA you want a D who can play both ends of the ice extremely well. If you concede lack of offense, you are putting all your eggs in the basket that says his D will be world class. To me, that's too high in the draft for a gamble like that.

I don't accept the premise that if the Ducks select him it's because they see offense nobody else does. I think they see an all world defensive guy who would pair well with one of their young OD.

GMs obviously do have the final say on draft picks due to being the boss. But I also see PV as a GM who would have no problem over ruling his scouting department if he thought his analysis was more correct than theirs. At the end of the day the buck stops with him.
His coach compares his style to Lidstrom and that’s pretty high praise since both Larionov and Verbeek played with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad