Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
The Siriusxm guys definitely put a premium on D which I think is a more realistic take on what will really happen at the draft. Those top 4-5 D are all going to go very high.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Beckett

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Only partially related but now that the word is the Ducks are debuting their new jersey and logo at the draft, my motivation to attend the draft live has skyrocketed. Living in Vegas since 06 it's been hard to be there live for Ducks milestones. Like the list is very short:

Teemu's 1000th point celebration
Teemu's jersey retirement
Peter Holland's first NHL goal
Anaheim's first and only outdoor game
Leo Carlsson's first time playing hockey in a Ducks uniform (prospect tournament)
Pavel Mintyukov's first NHL game
Cutter Gauthier's first NHL game and point

Would be cool to be there for the draft picks and a rebrand.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If the Ducks take Demidov at 3 I am actually in favor of trading Z for the 5th is Silayev is available.

I would bet the Ducks take Silayev at 3 and its done.
Walking out of the draft with both Silayev and Demidov would be absolutely incredible.
I would not worry at all about them getting homesick since they'd be the Russian trio with Mintyukov.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
My gut tell me the Hawks take Levshunov, who we would have taken, and we pass on Demidov for Silayev or Lindstrom.

I will be sad, and then remember that I am often sad after the draft, but the ducks scouts are right more often than I am.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Awesome I hope that happens lol, Ducks can take Demidov and their future top9 foward group will be stacked. There seems to be less question marks about Demidov as opposed to the Dmen in the draft so I welcome this. Plus Madden can't seem to find forwards that often unless their top10 picks.
I don't agree. I think there's big questions about how well he can translate his talents to a more physical, faster NHL on smaller ice. He feasted on MHL level defenders with a lot more time and space in the middle of the offensive zone with weaker, slower, less aware MHL players defending him. So it was a lot of maneuvering the puck right in the middle of the zone where, if he tried that in the NHL a la Terry, he'd get creamed over and over again. There's also questions about how well he can grow from his current 5'11 168 pound frame.

Not to say he can't grow and learn to play in the NHL but I wouldn't say there's fewer questions with him than the available defensemen. If anything I'd say there's less risk going for the defensemen as they can still (probably) be bottom pair guys at worst. Demidov doesn't strike me as a guy that can salvage a career as a bottom 6 depth guy if he isn't able to adapt his game to play in a top 6.

Not that I'm against taking the chance on him, (and it would be more exciting a pick than the defensemen) but I feel like he's got real boom/bust potential and I don't agree with the people who've opined that he's in the conversation with Michkov in terms of Russian native NHL prospects. I think Michkov plays the game in a way that's more indicative of future NHL success.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't agree. I think there's big questions about how well he can translate his talents to a more physical, faster NHL on smaller ice. He feasted on MHL level defenders with a lot more time and space in the middle of the offensive zone with weaker, slower, less aware MHL players defending him. So it was a lot of maneuvering the puck right in the middle of the zone where, if he tried that in the NHL a la Terry, he'd get creamed over and over again. There's also questions about how well he can grow from his current 5'11 168 pound frame.

Not to say he can't grow and learn to play in the NHL but I wouldn't say there's fewer questions with him than the available defensemen. If anything I'd say there's less risk going for the defensemen as they can still (probably) be bottom pair guys at worst. Demidov doesn't strike me as a guy that can salvage a career as a bottom 6 depth guy if he isn't able to adapt his game to play in a top 6.

Not that I'm against taking the chance on him, (and it would be more exciting a pick than the defensemen) but I feel like he's got real boom/bust potential and I don't agree with the people who've opined that he's in the conversation with Michkov in terms of Russian native NHL prospects. I think Michkov plays the game in a way that's more indicative of future NHL success.
Yeah good point. He's kind of like a Russian Zegras so perhaps Verbeek does pass on him.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016

+1 there are definitely large question marks with this little midget. I don’t see a future where Terry Zegras and this midget all are on the same team. Probably 2 to many little people for Verbeek liking

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
Seems like there are rumours of Chicago going with Levshunov. Probably comes from him having a formal interview and dinner with the staff recently.

Johnnyduck

Aug 24, 2010
Newport Beach
Cant see us taking Dickinson (LHD) if Silayev (LHD) is on the board

I think our dark horses are Yakemchuck (RHD) Parekh (RHD) who might have a some under the surface ties because he was once Mintyukovs' teammate and they share an agent and lastly I don't think anyone would scrutinize us for taking Iginla

Personally I think if Chicago picks Levshunov who is my first choice we should really look to move back.

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
The best players at #3 IMO will be Demidov, Lindstrom, Dickinson and after that it's not really close. I hope Chicago grab Levshunov to guarantee Duckd at least dodging him. I know some feel different, but that's where I'm at. Also note that it's in relation to the forementioned, I don't hate him obviously.

Demidov is played all year with the attitude that he is the best player in the league, and he was. Bullied everyone with his physicality and puck skills. He has a harder path than Michkov but the upside is similar, and he is a more complete player. To me the downside is we have Terry, Zegras already and he is pretty similar although looks to become better than both.

Lindstrom allegedly cleared his injuries so he is who I see us going with. Also exactly who we need to complement the top 6. First guy in, use his speed, finish hits and plays. Closest player to a Matthew Tkachuk mold if not quite as mean. He is the Verbeek type, but we'll see how they value his post season injured comeback flop.

Catton could be very good, Eiserman aswell, but they have really big obstacles to overcome. Iginla, Helenius have somewhat lower upsides but they are pretty safe. The more offensive defensemen are all big gambles apart from Dickinson and to less so Levshunov. Parekh, Yakemchuk are out of top10 personally. Silayev no thanks, let someone else roll the dice there. Buium probably the best after Dickinson, Levshunov and could surpass both, he is a winner.

Late first is still Surin for me if he is available. If not, one of the defensemen, they are all fine, if limited in upside. He is the best agitator and overall physical presence of the draft and very skilled.

Unfortunately we have many picks this year and it looks like not a lot of talent to find. The 35th should find a pretty good upside skater but the 58th, a late 2nd this year feels like a 5th rounder of last year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
+1 there are definitely large question marks with this little midget. I don’t see a future where Terry Zegras and this midget all are on the same team. Probably 2 to many little people for Verbeek liking

How tall are you posters who are consistently referring to 5'11 and 6'0 players as midgets? (Before anyone makes assumptions, I'm above NHL average size, I just find the behavior ridiculous)

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Dickinson would be great. I’m not sure why he’s been written out of the top 5 by some on here, it’s clear he’s in that discussion and arguably the best D available
Because before the memorial cup he hadn’t really stepped up and shown progression this year. You want to see players get better through their draft year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad