Speculation: With the third pick in the 2024 NHL draft the Anaheim Ducks select...(Draft is June 28th @ 4pm PT. ESPN. ESPN+)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do the Ducks take at pick 3?

• Ivan Demidov

Votes: 37 18.3%
  • Anton Silayev

Votes: 36 17.8%
  • Artyom Levshunov

Votes: 81 40.1%
  • Cayden Lindstrom

Votes: 21 10.4%
  • Sam Dickinson

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • Zayne Parekh

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Zeev Buium

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • Carter Yakemchuk

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • Cole Eiserman

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • Beckett Sennecke

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Because before the memorial cup he hadn’t really stepped up and shown progression this year. You want to see players get better through their draft year.
Lmao and what are you using to state he didn’t get better this year?

Weird take…he was dominant all season

Reactions: Mr Rogers

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Dickinson would be great. I’m not sure why he’s been written out of the top 5 by some on here, it’s clear he’s in that discussion and arguably the best D available

I'm just not going to let myself be shocked by almost any name that had top 5 or top 10 votes on Bob Mck's scout survey, and I believe that's about a dozen or more. Just one of those drafts.

But yeah Dickinson has a lot of the qualities our scouting staff seems to like in young defensemen, no one should be surprised if he's the guy.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
Lmao and what are you using to state he didn’t get better this year?

Weird take…he was dominant all season
Scouting reports just like every other player…. Weird question. I’m obviously not scouting them personally.

Multiple sources criticized him that he was good all year, but didn’t really get better as the year went on. Typically you want to see players get better not plateau.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Dickinson measured 6.02.75 and 203# at the combine. I think he'll be an excellent top 4D and he seems like a "safe" pick at 3OA. That said, picking at the top of the draft I'd rather go for the home run pick and that is Silayev IMO (assuming the Ducks want a D and that Chicago takes Levshunov).

Reminds me so much of last year...Fantilli was the "safe" pick but the Ducks went with the home run pick. I could see that again this year.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
I doubt Buium's Verbeek's guy (they interview everyone), but if he is I hope we trade back a few spots.

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I doubt Buium's Verbeek's guy (they interview everyone), but if he is I hope we trade back a few spots.
When I thought the Ducks might end up picking 5th, I wanted them to pick Buium at #5 but since they didn't move in the lottery I've forgotten about him but if they somehow did a Zellweger for RD trade then maybe Buium would fit. At 6'0 he's a little bigger than Zellweger. I'd honestly just pick Silayev/Demigod there assuming Lev goes #2.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
Ducks fans, here Habs fan. What could be the price to trade our 5th pick for your 3rd pick? I propose to addthe 26th pick. Or some player like Barron, Struble, Harris? Could be availlable

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
Ducks fans, here Habs fan. What could be the price to trade our 5th pick for your 3rd pick? I propose to addthe 26th pick. Or some player like Barron, Struble, Harris? Could be availlable
If you’re proposing 5 + 26 for 3 then I think I’m ok with it assuming that the scouts are comfortable with whoever will be at 5.

Reactions: Hins77 and Ducks

Rasp

Apr 9, 2019
It seems to be close to value but I doubt it happens. Probably would need to be an overpay to convince the Ducks to part with pick 3.

1717899287926.png

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I think it would depend on how the scouts feel the next tier of prospects (on their board) is and who Montreal would pick (I assume part of the trade would be knowing who Montreal will take). If they view Lindstrom/Silayev as equal and Montreal is going to take Demidov, the ask will probably be less (basically a free asset for a player they were going to take anyways). If there's a guy they really like, there may not be a deal to make or the price will be significant to take the risk the player won't be there at 5. Assuming the scenario where Ducks like two guys Montreal won't take, I think the 1st rounder would be enough. Pending Lindstrom's health, I see 4 guys the Ducks could realistically draft... Lev, Silayev, Demidov, and Lindstrom (this is mostly based off reading scouting reports, so they may have a completely different list).

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Ducks seem to be content to take the guy they want without getting fancy so I doubt they'd be interested in moving down. That said, by the time the draft comes around the Ducks may have the Montreal 5OA pick anyway ;)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Prob pretty close, and reasonable.

I think if we have a guy like yakemchuk / buium in our top 3, could def see us doing a trade like this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad